Final thoughts on Forum Closure.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Biker Steve, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron is confused...
    Dantron inquires if the hot engine oil is used as a seasoning for preparing humans. :confused:

2. zechs

zechs Here To Help

... Anything can be French Fried...

Bob Crees, Virgel and Cejao like this.
  3. Biker Steve

Biker Steve Got Your Back

Is this why Dantron plays State of Decay, because it's a predictor of our future, and Dantron gets to reminisce about the past?

Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  4. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron plays SoD because it is a fun game. As for SoD's historical accuracy...Dantron does not want to spoil the surprise. ;)

Righteous Ham, Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  5. Zombie_Coats

Zombie_Coats Here To Help

A terrible idea! Discord seems aimed at the younger generation. I do use Discord but dont really do much social media. So I doubt Ill be seeing much of you guys there.

Therefore byeeee and gl to all of you. It was a blast! Maybe Ill pop into discord when the game comes out.

6. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

Beautifully put. I like the Paladin reference. Better be the Diablo 2 Paladin. He is best.

7. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

As soon as the forum closes, I'm gonna walk away and never look back. I'm gonna help those who struggle throughout their play. I'll hold my stance and pick those who fall and fight alongside with those who die for others.
    Once those flares go up, I'm going in and out with a bang!

8. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Are you going to join us at the Alamo?

Cejao and Fabian907 like this.
  9. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

I'm just a wanderer Bob, I'm wanted when I'm needed.

Virgel, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Well there will always be bed there for you, even if you are just passing through.

Virgel, Fabian907 and Cejao like this.
  11. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

After these forums close, Dantron wonders how Dantron will wave to the wonderful humans at UL. :confused::(

Virgel, rebel36, Bob Crees and 3 others like this.
  12. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

By "The Alamo", he means SAK's unofficial SoD forum that he set up after the announcement about this one closing.

Bob Crees, Fabian907 and Cejao like this.
  13. Vers

Vers Here To Help

In the days following the announcement of the closings, I've evaluated, re-evaluated, and over thought a lot of this, because that's the type of person I am. Most of my posts take an hour to construct. Because I edit them, and re-edit them, and sometimes do it again. And half of the time, I just don't post them even when they are completed.

I've fought through the lack of emotion because the news struck so fast that I didn't know what hit me. The sadness. The anger. The what now. The why.

I've thought a lot about those who really have left an impression on me here, and to appreciate all of those people who made contributions to this place and made it unforgettable (all of the members and all of the UL staff). I feel I have given Discord a fair shake, and I won't be partaking. It's just not how I like to discuss video games. And honestly, I don't think any will bat an eye or notice I'm missing. Which is fine. For me, the magic was here. It's anchored and runs almost five years deep. It's outlasted a lot of other things in my life, and was about as long as my five-year military contract. It's out lasted serious relationships where I managed to dodge bullets, college, my move to Colorado, and interest in other video games. And it happened here, with all of you. But that investment is coming to an end. I'll take the gains of the friends and great memories and forge ahead to new adventures. All I can really say now is, well, thank you. To everyone. It's the only thing I can think of that will be worth leaving when this over.

Virgel, Cejao, Zombie_Coats and 9 others like this.
  14. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron waves to Vers. :)

Virgel, Cejao, rebel36 and 3 others like this.
  15. Dantron, can you confirm that the Dantron we see in The Alamo is you?

Virgel, mystyk, Cejao and 3 others like this.
  16. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

I know, I just wander, I keep going until I walk into people or they need me.

Cejao, rebel36 and Bob Crees like this.
  17. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron confirms!

18. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

After the forums close, don't expect to see me around.

Cejao, Bob Crees and chikawowwow like this.
  19. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

No one will be seeing anyone..
    Trying to see people on Discord will be like trying to get the number plate from a fighter jet.
    [​IMG]

Fabian907, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  20. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

You will be missed:(

Fabian907, Cejao and Virgel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.