Final thoughts on Forum Closure.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Biker Steve, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This will be my final thoughts on the subject:

I hope it was worth it, Undead Labs.

I truly hope you look back on this decision and decide it was a good one, because this community is fractured now. Many longtime members won't be returning. Members who have given years of their lives and time to rally around an idea that you created, feel abandoned right when we thought everything was going to be okay. First, we lost Sanya, and while we don't know the overlying circumstances it hurt nonetheless because she was one of the wonderful people who turned this forum into a home. But the community stayed intact. Nicole handled everything that came at her, and never complained once either. But to tell a community of fifty thousand members that forums aren't being used as much anymore? The forums always has been the foundation of the community. There was rarely an active member of the community, whether they were a streamer, modder, fan-artist, or game breaker, that wasn't a part of this forum, and often times they were just as active on the other SoD Channels.

This is a huge travesty against the community that has been supporting Undead Labs for years.
    I don't know if the deal with Microsoft changed, or what ever seems to have happened because UL used to be fantastic about telling us when we can expect news or hinting towards it, but it's felt like a one sided conversation for over two long years.

The unfortunate event I see happening, is that everyone will forget. New members will join the new channels of the community and will pick up where the community veterans left off. This forum will become nothing more than a museum, devoid of the sentiments and humanizing aspects that this community once had.

A few of us will remember... but that's all this forum and it's people will become.

A memory.

I hope this is all worth it.

2. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

I actually really agree with that part Nicole about fans of the game just as dedicated to it that just don't (for whatever reason) use the forum's. I was one of them. Iv played/loved SOD from the very beginning and always had Facebook, then Twitter but I was not a forum user. They were never something I ever thought about if I'm honest. I'd yet to experience the community feel of one, and as a result probably missed out on much. Had the UL forum not excisted (hypothetically) then it's very possible I would have crossed paths with you all and UL long before I did? Don't get me wrong, now I'm here I love them and will miss this place terribly, but for the sake of all those huge fans out there like me, I believe this may turn out to be a good thing out of a bad type situation.

Vanilla, Cejao and chikawowwow like this.
  3. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

The difference is you enjoyed the Facebook channel and had the option to use the forums at the same time. Forum users have been given no option, basically we (forum users) are no longer economically viable so it’s getting shut down. The whole thing reeks of corporate avarice.

Vanilla, Sailorwolf and Cejao like this.
  4. QMJS

QMJS Famous

So, what happened exactly? It does not appear to be in read-only mode.

Fabian907, Dbomb 12 and chikawowwow like this.
  5. Morak

Morak Got Your Back

Probably won't happen until Business Hours UL time. Someone has to come in and throw the switch. (Or to double tap the forums)

Fabian907, Dbomb 12 and chikawowwow like this.
  6. BoRoBomB

BoRoBomB Here To Help

Maybe UL was playing an early April fools joke

Dbomb 12, mystyk and chikawowwow like this.
  7. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

*throw a chair out the window* Well I got the truck loaded and ready to head to the Alamo :D Hope to see all there. Peace out UL

e5futter, Fabian907, Dbomb 12 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.