Followup Q&A: Vehicles, Electric Bugaloo

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jul 27, 2012.

1. murdock1969

murdock1969 Starting Off

can not wait for this game you people are amazing if half the stuff you say i going to be in the game this game will rock

2. JCF the killer

JCF the killer Starting Off

Because I'm soooo lazy and just finally got around to reading this, I say that in order to give SoD players something in C4, maybe transfer over our inventory from SoD to C4's inventory, this would be a neat way to give us an advantage that we worked for, and give players a reason to gather up a lot of stock in State of Decay.

For those who aren't aware (a.k.a. No one) C4 = Class 4, SoD = State of Decay

3. Is the map or world big like you could walk or drive for ever? also are you guys think of any map add ons or are you guys just going to wait till stage 4?

4. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

16 Square miles. Same size as Oblivion

[​IMG]

5. I was worried about the size, but this comforts me, thanks Baker.

I hope they add some sort of level editor which would allow us to make the world even larger, this would be fantastic.

6. A small two seater airplane would be cool.

7. If I'm not mistaken, Capt., devs have stated 16 square KM, not miles. 16 km is only about 10 miles

8. brutados

brutados Starting Off

They will probably let the player create their own mods (for pc, for X-box, im not sure how it works...)

9. Will there be police vehicles? Some police cars either carry a shotgun in the cab or a ar type rifle in the trunk.

10. I like the tow truck idea. Damage a car you or someone in your community can tow it back to be repaired. Some of us will probably develop personal attachments to a vehicle :)

11. But then again I wouldn't want this game turning into a grand theft auto.

12. I know you arnt going for full realism, but will I have to worry about a three inch wide stick bringing me to a full stop when I hit it?

13. I don't think it's gonna be like gta where one little thing stops the whole vehicle. Lol just saying

14. thats the thing though if you have a game to compare it to then theres a possibility of it happening. My question was more geared toward sanya or another employee who has had first hand experiance.

15. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

You can hit zombies with your vehicle....do you think a little stick is gonna stop your vehicle. Not a chance! ;)

16. lol true i guess but thats how it was in gta 4

17. MatchesMalone

MatchesMalone Got Your Back

Modding for games on consoles generally is not done for the single-player experience. There are games that allow players to modify multiplayer maps, but State of Decay will not have MP maps. Also most if not all console-based map modding doe snot change the geometry of the map. Only things like buildings, vehicle placement, and item placement.

State of Decay will more likely not have modding tools for the console. But if you want to mod, you could try the PC version, though no Software Development Kit has been announced for it.

18. Zombiepreacher

Zombiepreacher Starting Off

Will there be soft-body physics for the vehicles in-game? Seeing how it's being run off of CryEngine 3

19. Gunz N Rozez85

Gunz N Rozez85 Starting Off

More then likely I would say.

20. Zombiepreacher

Zombiepreacher Starting Off

I hope so. I know their graphics space is limited due to it being an XBLA title, but soft body car physics would be amazing, especially for a game like State of decay.