Followup Q&A: Vehicles, Electric Bugaloo

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Rusty

Rusty Got Your Back

I think it(soft body dynamics) may be minimal in appearance.

Check out the station wagon on the left, in new condition (well, new'ish lol). You can see the hood on the station wagon is a little ajar.
    car_lot01.jpg

Compared to this one where it seems it has smashed into some zombies because of the blood on the hood. The hood is a little more damaged and a little more ajar. There are probably a few varying degrees of damage I would assume.
    airplane_1.jpg

At least I believe that is zed blood on the hood, may just be really rusty lol but probably blood. So it's cool that blood splatter will be visible on vehicles.

p.s. I really want to explore that crashed plane. :D

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  2. Bub's_Of_Monroeville

Bub's_Of_Monroeville Got Your Back

But you know that going into that plane will result in you finding an egg in the shape of a pig-sized football. And with this, you will be attacked by a facehugging alien, and you know the rest!

3. When you say : ¨But if that happens, you might find an NPC who knows where another one might be... for a price. Ahem.¨

What is this price, is it real money ?!?

4. Rusty

Rusty Got Your Back

[​IMG]

:p

5. It is ammo you will pay for it with. Amunition is the official currency

6. Zombiepreacher

Zombiepreacher Starting Off

When you start a new game will different vehicles spawn in different spots? Or if you find a truck in a certain spot will you will always find it there? And is there a Jeep in game? I'm talking more along the lines of a Wrangler or civilians jeep.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  7. Good question we already know items themselves will be randomly spawned, but what of vehicles?

8. Zombiepreacher

Yeah, it would really add to the replay ability. Plus, I'm a Jeep fanatic :) Sanya!

9. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

I'm sure it will be random for each game, unless a certain vehicle is required for a certain mission.

No jeeps in the game. Sorry.

10. Rome502

Rome502 Starting Off

This helped me answer a debate that me and a dude from work were arguing about. Had to pull this up and show him. Thank you all.

11. Capt.C.Baker

Yeah, it looks like a trans am. I'll get some pics up. BRB..

[​IMG]
    Larger Image

[​IMG]
    Larger Image

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  12. Even the Hood-scoop is a dead giveaway.

Now to complete another movie title, we need to sit on a roof sniping down at what looks to be Burt Reynolds. Lol.

Anyone know of the movie i'm thinking of here?

13. Capt.C.Baker

Dawn of the Dead remake.

14. jeep.jpg

This looks kind of like a Jeep Cherokee. Not sure if its driveable or not though.

Attached Files:

15. Mountain Gamers

Mountain Gamers Starting Off

I think clark griswold and i will be having many good road trips in his family roadster... might even bring aunt edna along.

16. Negnar Holf

Negnar Holf Here To Help

Definately a Cherokee. Looks like a smaller version of mine.

17. The Trans Am looking care is like a mashup of old and new. The body style is very 60s while the hood with the Phoenix (if that's what it is, can't see it perfectly) and single centered scoop is more late 70s into 80s.

18. Zombiepreacher

OK, so say you are driving a truck in game (or any other car) and you see a sweet muscle or whatever peaks your interest and you want to have both. Do you have to go home with the truck and walk back to get the new car, or is it possible to get someone else from your community to come get it and take it to your base?

19. Capt.C.Baker

The AI can not drive cars, which means you'd have to come back for it.

You have to take your truck back to your base, find another vehicle, drive it to the sports car, then switch out and drive the sports car back to your base. That's the only way to get both vehicles.

20. question? where do you shoot a car to make it explode? i remember watching a video and the car flips and he just shoots the car and it explodes