Fortitude Mod - Bases - Blood & Barricades - Savini & Snyder Only

Discussion in 'PC Mods' started by Phacops, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

July 4th, 2016 -
    Added barricades back to Snyder Trucking Warehouse and updated the look & feel - needs more prettying :)

https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threa...s-savini-snyder-only.39949/page-6#post-761829

Updated June 27th, 2016, updated to add a mod manager, which will get unpacked into your game directory. This means that you can play with any mod, instead of having to choose, because it was acting on the same files.

Only thing you have to do is double-click to run the builder in your game directory after unpacking the mod - if you don't, then nothing happens in the game :).

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\State of Decay YOSE\Game

Run the following:
    Phacops_Mod_Manager-Build.jar

In order to run this, you must have Java installed :)
    https://www.java.com/en/download/

-----

Fortitude Mod - Bases - Blood & Barricades

What does it include?
    Free money! Spaghetti! Pairs of Pants! None of this is true!

Actually it simply builds onto the Snyder Trucking Warehouse & Savini Residence once you move in. If you haven't moved in then all you'll see is the start to building the bridge by the previous owners that lived there (Honestly I just couldn't initialize the rope without it being there all the time so we'll just pretend :p)

Once you move in, you'll get:

Savini:

• NEW! - Many many more walkways to play on, now stretching across the street, across both the rooftops of the houses across the street, circling back to connect with the tower - now you can just walk off the edge of the shooting tower onto the walkway - and all the way down a path to the edge of the land next to the bridge
    • Wrought-iron barricades - Balistraria- for the front porch and every large window also sealed with timber
    • A defensive structure on the roof comprised of replica Shields and Javelins now rusted from neglect
    • A crow's nest on the roof where you can saddle up to it and get a working survey point which actually completes the daily survey mission
    • Great torches with flame and black smoke billowing from the gasoline fuel within them, providing light to peel back at least some shadows of the unknown
    • Outside the walls you gain more wrought-iron fencing - Coulissante - and great palisades of looted railroad ties, now mildly sharpened upon the ends
    • A ramp up to the roof, and an access point for the clever to get onto the roofs across the street - a brilliant shooting location from both
    • A rope bridge across the rear chasm to allow one to park a vehicle just on the other edge, down the hill from the abandoned industrial site
    Snyder:
    • Same with assorted walkways and things to climb on
    • Also some overturned semi trailers
    • A temporary gate for vehicles until I can get some animations made and make nicer geometry, at which point, hopefully, I can also get the smartobject to open and close the gate for you when you get near it ;)
    More to come in later iterations!

Bugs to note which
    are a middle ground of my intentions and implementation are:
    1. You can still climb in the window or jump out despite the bars on them for some of the windows (Less common with YOSE, mainly just the side window nearest the tower)
    2. There's a trash can that often appears inside the bus door, it's not like you can do anything inside the bus because it is too small for you to walk down the aisle but being QA, I tried to do everything to find the bugs :)
    3. The house across the street has a small raking cornice with a window in it that doesn't have a proxy because UL didn't expect you to go walking on the roof, I can put some in to simulate it later
    4. It's not easy to use the rope bridge on the opposite side of the chasm, that's intentional and you can fall and die, which is also intentional :) I put in some proxy meshes to make it less likely since I did purposely hide it in a bush, and also angled it just so that it takes more work which makes it feel much more dangerous. Once you figure it out then it is easy as well.
    5. If you place a workshop below the Crow's Nest with the survey point up there - and I recommend that you do - then you can and should jump on the roof but be wary that right at the peak of the roof you will sometimes - quite rarely - get stuck in a clip in the mesh...another place UL likely didn't expect you to go playing.

Where to get it?
    Right here!

How to install it?
    Easy!

Manually, just place the .zip in your State of Decay directory and unpack it there!

Then run Phacops_MoD_Manager-Build.jar which will add all the right data to the right files.

If you want to un-install it, easy but could be easier, for now:
    1. Just go into Game/Libs/Prefabs/Facilities.xml and delete it if you have no other mods
      1. If you do have other mods, then open it and delete anything inside with the label "Fortitude Mod",it'll be wrapped with <ModWrapper> with a start and end tag so you know what block to remove
    2. then Game/Levels/Class3/ and delete Mission_Mission0.xml if you have no other mods,
      1. If you do have other mods, follow the above advice for this file too
    3. And finally just delete the Fortitude directory inside the /Game/Objects folder.
    Too easy :)

Ploppable Traps:

Nightshift:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bridge:
    [​IMG]

Topside:
    [​IMG]

Front Step:
    [​IMG]

Survey Point:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Crow's Nest, Roof Access, and Rope Bridge:
    [​IMG]

Palisades & Coulissante:
    [​IMG]

Nightshift:

Misc:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-----

Making sure we're all covered legally -
    Regarding the original structures & components from Undead Labs:
    "© 2013 Undead Labs LLC. All Rights Reserved."

Regarding custom items:
    "© 2013 William Dickerson - Phacops/Eocryphops - All Rights Reserved,
    all jellies preserved, all subpoenas served.
    "

-----

F.A.Q.:

Q: Phacops why are you so weird?
    A: I am made from cigars, mice, and everything rice; clearly someone was unable to read the appropriate ingredients for some form of agendered cake mix.

Q: Phacops, where have all the cowboys gone?
    A: ...

Q: Phacops, my character fell through the bush and off the side of your rope bridge, smattering mercilessly on the rocks below, guts and fiddley bits and candy canes and low pH shock-triggered DNA pouring down stream metastisizing into micro-organs and nasty things! Why for the love of FSM would you do this to me you horrible horrible person?
    A: I warned you to wear your fancy climbing shoes, didn't I?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

This space reserved for real funky tea parties with biscuits, marmosets, and purple marmelade.

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  3. Thank you.

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  4. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

You are very welcome, and thank you for being so polite - you are certainly invited to the marmoset tea party.

P.S. Let me know if there are any issues. I restructured things to minimize the clutter and it appeared I did it right though I could certainly have missed something.

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  5. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

I forgot to add screenshots, see above. Sorry :)

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  6. Awesome job with this, gonna have to try it out.

p.s. the Stem cell reference made me chuckle.

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  7. daryl14

daryl14 Starting Off

You are the best brother ! *---*

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  8. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

Thanks everyone - let me know how it goes, mates :)

@Sene - Haha, and that is precisely why I hang around here, where knowledgeable people get what I'm on about

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  9. daryl14

daryl14 Starting Off

me going great *-*Thanks for indulging me forever!

10. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

Haha, wonderful to hear :)

11. daryl14

daryl14 Starting Off

activate the console you know?

12. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

Doesn't seem to be a way to do that and make it work. I'm working on a way to do it differently, I just don't have enough time :(

13. I really like your tanks, can be placed at the door?

14. daryl14

daryl14 Starting Off

Tanks?You created and Tank? :O

15. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

The "tank" that you see in the picture? Or the tank in my other picture...hiding somewhere that I do not remember. The big tank does not work at all.

I can place this vehicle at the door but it does not work and let you get inside it :)

I am working on it. If I can make it work then I can make a vehicle anywhere that I want to.

16. daryl14

daryl14 Starting Off

phacop do not worry it was just a question ;)

17. daryl14

daryl14 Starting Off

Griffonclaw39 likes this.
  18. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

Ahhh, yes this tank. It does not work. The code for vehicles only seems to work with wheels, not the tank tracks.

Until we fix this, the tank cannot move correctly.

Griffonclaw39 likes this.