Frame Rate Issues Still Not Fixed On Xbox One?

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by Darkspire, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Having spent many, many hours on the 360 version I was happy to buy the YOSE on Xbox One, even happier to buy it at £6.99 with all the DLC last night, could even import my saves from the 360 but when it loaded in on Breakdown the bubble burst. I had read of the frame rate issues over a year ago on here and thought it would have been fixed by now but sadly it has not, it has more stuttering than a speech impediment conference.

It is the only game on my sparkly new Xbox One S that has these issues, is this problem ever going to be addressed? I really don't fancy going all out out on a zombie run only to lose a survivor to technical issues.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the map screen does not fit to the screen, the icons on the left are about 25% off the edge of the screen, I'm running YOSE on HDMI at 1920 x 1080.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Try removing your 360 saves. Unfortunately they are a foul culprit. If you still have the same problems on a fresh install with no previous saves imported then do let me know.

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  3. Thanks for the reply, I will try deleting the saves.

Any comment on the map not fitting to screen?

4. Undead Nicole

That is totally a hardware thing. I'm blaming a corrupted save, but if the removal of the saves doesn't work, contact Xbox Support. You may just need to do a hard reset of your xbox (aka unplugging it for 2 minutes and trying again)

5. This problem with the map was an issue a few years ago, my saves are not corrupted, I have checked them.

This was a post on this forum in 2015, pretty much the same problem.

The thread the above is from:

https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/help-my-state-of-decay-doesnt-fit-in-my-screen.48266/

6. Undead Nicole

Ohhh this issue. Did you try the workarounds?

7. Yes I did try the workarounds. I have deleted my 360 saves and tried what was mentioned in that thread, started a new game of Breakdown and the map section on the left is still off the screen, game frame rate is better but is still stuttering, same as was mentioned in the threads a few years ago. IMHO still using the same engine as was used on the 360 and updating the textures is probably the problem. No worries, at least I never paid the full price, lesson learned on my behalf. You were the last to comment on that thread back in 2015 and said you were looking into it, I guess it will never be fixed now.

8. Undead Nicole

Wait, did you make the adjustment to your TV?

https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/super-big-work-around-thread-for-yose-bugs.48572/#post-677852

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  9. Changed the screen output on the TV earlier and the map now fits, thanks for your help miss Nicole. Only just saw that you had replied with that helpful link full of info.

Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  10. Undead Nicole

I am happy to have helped!