Game won't launch

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by Kimoo, Sep 30, 2017.

1. When I try to launch the game, nothing happens. I've tried doing the things listed in the crash thread.

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

@Kimoo - Welcome to the Forums:)

I am sure @Undead Nicole will be able to help when she gets online:)

3. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Kimoo, can you please upload your dxdiag so we can take a look at what might be causing you issues?

4. Here it is.

Attached Files:

5. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Wow! Where to start? At the top, I guess...

Code:
    Processor: n/a
    Code:
     Display Tab 1: There is a problem with Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 device. For more information, search for 'graphics device driver error code 22'
          Display Tab 2: The file C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvami.inf_amd64_f9209c020158b9d9\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvami.inf_amd64_f9209c020158b9d9\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvami.inf_amd64_f9209c020158b9d9\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvami.inf_amd64_f9209c020158b9d9\nvldumdx.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL).  You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Code:
    Deinterlace Caps: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,UNKNOWN) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=

et. al., I had to cut out the huge chunk that follows 'cause it was too big to post to the forum.

Code:
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 820M
    I don't think the 820M is close to making min spec.

Bunch of errors down in the WER section. Never a good thing to see an appcrash involving EXPLORER.EXE.

Bob Crees likes this.
  6. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Yojimbeau is correct. the 820M does not meet Min spec requirements for the game. You should be able to request a refund from STEAM for the game if you haven't been able to launch successfully. :)