Getting news in January.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladtheimpalerr, Dec 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

2. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

Xbox users already pay for Xbox Live, you can’t play anything multiplayer without it. It’s standard operating procedure.

Rooney, Kid Kayole, MrStrange and 4 others like this.
  3. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

It seems a bit harsh, having to pay twice?

chikawowwow, XzerothreeX and Cejao like this.
  4. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Xbox Live users get a free "silver" account when they sign up for a gamer tag and account.
    But if you want to access friends, and multiplayer, you have to sign up for a subscription "Gold" account which is what im guessing will be required on xbox in order to access Co-op for SoD2.

5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

I guess I will not be playing Co-Op with any XBox Users then:(

chikawowwow and XzerothreeX like this.
  6. zechs

zechs Here To Help

It's the new shindig. Sony does it too. Pay to play online. Gold has perks of offering free games monthly. But that's it. If online is all you want, you must decide if it's worth it.

7. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Ive been paying for Xbox Live for well over 4 years already. :)

8. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

I don't have a Xbox and from I have heard about MS Store, don't think I am going to waste my money there, so that I can use my PC.

chikawowwow and XzerothreeX like this.
  9. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

Xbox Live gold is only 5 bucks a month, and if you spend time watching you can find it for 3 sometimes. Of course you’re trading attention for money, but sometimes social media will just slap you in the face with a deal. Keep in mind that it was created when there was less network speed and publishers weren’t as good at managing multiplayer servers. The idea is you’d pay xbox and they would have good servers for any of your multiplayer games. It’s not as necessary today, but doesn’t feel odious to me, maybe because of ingrained habit.

10. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

Xbox players do pay for a gold subscription which Has its perks. It’s $69.99 per year which is over $5 a month. For that price multiplayer access, I get 4 free games a month, which is 48 free games per year, and I get access to weekly deals/discounts only available to gold subscribers. The free games more then cover the cost of the subscription in my opinion. Before anyone throws the “PC is better” views at me, know I also play on PC too lol. More info on Xbox’s gold subscription in the link below.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/sto...id=10&ef_id=Wmf7pAAAAKwmFRhD:20180124032108:s

11. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

I will have to wait to see any reports from PC Users - That's if I can find the right place for genuine feedback.

12. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

As a Windows 10 PC gamer you won’t pay for Online multiplayer access. Multiplayer is free for you as a PC player. You can play with Xbox players and PC players free of charge. It’s Only Xbox players who will be paying to play online, but that subscription come with its perks as I’ve stated above. Not to mention it looks like I’ll be playing SoD2 free now that it’s in the Xbox Game Pass, which I’m subscribed to as well. Both PC and Xbox players have their pros and cons, but in the end, Since SoD2 is a play anywhere title, it doesn’t matter which version you purchase (Xbox or PC), you will automatically get instant and free access to both versions via the Play Anywhere Program.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  13. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Oh okay well I still need to see how MS Store will support PC Users, as they don't have a very good reputation to date:(

XzerothreeX, chikawowwow and DJB204 like this.
  14. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I can buy a $60 12 month time card from gamestop. you might want to look into that if your paying 70.

15. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

Here's one example -Link-.
    Although I don't like the store be aware that the article is from 2016 so it may not be accurate today, patches etc.

XzerothreeX and Bob Crees like this.
  16. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

I’m from Canada, so there is a price difference.

17. BoRoBomB

BoRoBomB Here To Help

That's crazy. I would think MS wants to get as many people to pay for XBL as possible.

18. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

Lol I still have nightmares about Windows Live and GTA 4

19. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

They are competing with Steam and Origin, so MS needs to provide equal or better offers. Charging for online multiplayer on PC would be a bad move.

20. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

I agree but there have been many bad moves that have become common. Always online, DRMS, auction houses, loot boxes, releasing sequels without swimming pools, etc etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.