H-Res Freaks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJB204, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morak

Morak Got Your Back

I think that the phrase you are looking for is "quid pro quo"
  2. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

lol funny.
    Del44ZSlayer and Cejao like this.
  3. They do look eerily similar to images I saw once upon a time in a place far far away to the northwest...but my memory is not what it used to be so maybe I'm wrong.
    Del44ZSlayer, Cejao and DJB204 like this.
  4. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

lol I might be misinterpreting your reply, but are you suggesting they are fakes? lol
  5. Nope, just toeing the line on confirming or denying that I've seen them before at some place, at some time, while I am still under NDA.
    Del44ZSlayer, Cejao and DJB204 like this.
  6. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

Cool. If they were posted publicly I would love to see them too. As far as I know they haven’t yet been officially released:)
  7. RetroMutt

RetroMutt Got Your Back

Don't mean to be *that guy* but I feel like you guys are suggesting these images are legit and if these images haven't been officially released, shouldn't they be reported instead reposted and further spread using the company's own forum?

Seems like a dick move to be honest. Undead Labs has always been very good to their fan base. We all are desperate for information but I feel like we should give them the benifit of the doubt. Extortion, dodging questions, and suggesting you have a secret source leaking images that you can't share? Joking or not, it's basically putting a middle finger to Nicole and everyone at Undead Labs

Now I admit I may be missreading this topic in praticular but kinda bothers me the way it was handled.
    I'm a professional lurker but I've been here since day one. Seems like the community is headed down the toxic road, if it hasn't already. Perhaps that's why the forums are closing? Who knows, but if you had any respect for Undead Labs you'd remove those images and shut down this topic. Unless you state clearly these images are fake and you're sorry. That, or if you insist they are legit then you're proving my entire point about being disrespectful.

Sorry. Just I've been backing this company a long time. Some of these posts came off rude. UL deserves better than that.

Carry on
    Cejao, DJB204, Dbomb 12 and 2 others like this.
  8. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

I’m sorry you feel that way. I don’t mean any disrespect to Nicole or Undead Labs. I don’t know if it’s just you, or if this how the majority of the community here feels regarding these images. I will remove the images and keep any new information on SoD2 to myself. I just thought I would share some SoD2 material with a fan base who has patiently waited long enough. (no harm intended). The last thing I want is for someone to get in trouble over a game we all love, but thanks for suggesting I be reported, I appreciate that. I guess that’s what I get for sharing something I came across, and on top of that I get blamed for being the reason the forums are shutting down? lol nice man, I’m so active on these forums I’m one of the few keeping it going. For a self proclaimed “professional lurker” I’m surprised you even need to question the authenticity of these images. I’m out, have a good one everyone.

“Stay Safe Out There” - Lily
    Vanilla, Del44ZSlayer and Cejao like this.
  9. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I honestly feel like that is ok after the "run-around" we've been getting with news the past year, let alone a "release date"
    NDAs Be Damned!
    What are they going to do? Ban you with just a few days left of active forum?
    lol. the internet is where things spring "leaks".
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Del44ZSlayer and DJB204 like this.
  10. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

Seemed a slightly over the top opinion if you ask me, that you should be reported? Wow! See you at the Alamo then... ;-)
    Cejao and DJB204 like this.
  11. Vahx

Vahx Starting Off

NOOOOOOOOoooooooo..... !!!!!....

In the spirit of South Parks Episode: Night of the Living Homeless: info? info? does anyone have any info???! please? just some info!!!
    Cejao, Del44ZSlayer and DJB204 like this.
  12. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

LOL that's good :D
    Cejao and DJB204 like this.
  13. RetroMutt

RetroMutt Got Your Back

Perhaps my post came off as a bit aggressive, my apologies. And I wasn't suggesting that YOU be reported, I meant the person who leaked the images in the first place should. I was just suggesting if you were gonna share the images than do it in private. Posting it on their public forums and giving Nicole the runaround was what I thought was rude. Also I wasn't suggesting you were the reason the forums were closing. There are plenty of others out there who are worse.

I assume Nicole can't confirm or deny if these images are legit. If she says no and it comes out that they are real, then she lied. If she says yes then she could get in trouble. If she was to just delete the images then that confirms they are real. I obviously have no proof if this is true but you put her in an awkward spot. Nicole is such a nice person, she deserves better. Which is why I said you should remove them because then you take that situation out of her hands.

Guys, I get it. I've been annoyed with the silence too. All I want is a release date or maybe a little new information. What I was saying is that Undead Labs have given us more information on their games than I've seen any other company do before. We should give them the benefit of a doubt and assume they want to share but their hands are tied. They may be giving us the "runaround" but after all they've done and how active they've been in the forum, they should be treated as a friend in a tough situation not some organization putting down the little guy.

But also these leaks and other kinds of leaks gives them a reason to close their doors. If those images are legit then clearly someone broke a rule and rule breaking is grounds for bigger locks on those doors. Attitude like that, I don't blame them for being secretive.

Just try to be a bit more sympathetic, peeps. We will get the game eventually and it will be worth the wait.
  14. Cejao

Cejao Famous

you are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else.
    You dont like it, fine. You like it, great.
    telling someone they need to remove something you dont like is a No, in my book.

Im happy to let people believe whatever. it could be real it or could be Photoshop, but let people hope and believe whatever they want.

(Also, no forum rules are being broken here with the pictures.)
    DJB204, Vanilla and Del44ZSlayer like this.
  15. Morak

Morak Got Your Back

These are great points but all of this reminds me of the "Box Art" thread: https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/and-we-have-box-art.53676/

In which UL was unaware that official content in the form of box art had been released by MS. Nicole assumed it was placeholder art until eventually notified it was official.
  16. The difference being that the box art was released by MS or someone at MS. It becomes a whole different story if the images came from someone within Undead Labs, especially with their expanded staff.

Loose lips sink ships and all that.

I agree with Retro's sentiment that if something was leaked from Undead Labs, then they may lose the staff member or be put under further restrictions. The other, more extreme, method would be to remove them from future development entirely and this isn't exactly unheard of in the game development world.
    Del44ZSlayer and mystyk like this.
  17. Agreed.
    Del44ZSlayer likes this.
  18. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

@RetroMutt Thank you very much for understanding the position I'm in. I appreciate your concern and your kind words.
    Del44ZSlayer, Cejao and Vanilla like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.