Happy New Year :)

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Sanya, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator Staff Member

For all of you who are too lazy to click Jeff's message, which is here: https://undeadlabs.com/2016/12/news/undead-new-year/

"Plenty of people have asked us to give the community the gift of the SOD2 release date. We can’t do that just yet, but here’s what we can tell you: The release date will be revealed, along with gameplay, systems, and so much more, at E3 2017. So pace yourselves, mark your calendars, and get ready to party with us this June."

2. TaurusHK

TaurusHK Here To Help

3. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Here comes the angry fans! :eek:

Vers, ArcherBird, Cejao and 4 others like this.
  4. TaurusHK

TaurusHK Here To Help

BTW I read Jeff's message. I liked the Undead Labs facebook page, and it showed there.

Vers, Cejao, XzerothreeX and 4 others like this.
  5. Undead Sanya

I don't mind admitting that I'm a little like, we FOUGHT to tell you this much and we continue to push for sharing more and more, and I'm terrified that the negativity is going to be used as "evidence" in some quarters that we should have said nothing and done nothing until E3.

Seriously, like we should have just ignored everyone asking "is it going to be this month" from now until June :p.

That wasn't okay. And being able to tell you when it wasn't going to be out was the first step down the road I want this to go. We're all in this together!

6. Undead Sanya

Also, I'll give the new people a hint - watch a game company's jobs listing. You can get a damned good sense of where they are in the dev cycle by what kinds of jobs are being posted when.

7. State of fate

State of fate Starting Off

"We can't be soft hearted about this" - from the amazing Lilly Ritter. Thanks guys for the news, at least it is something. Anyway hope you guys have an amazing Christmas and a new year *busy new year:D. Thank you so much for listening to the most impatient fan base ever known. We just care that's all:p. Anyway enough said lets go kill some zeds!

8. I'm happy...thank God that at least it'll be 2017!!

Sanya is right! You guys know now when the game will be released....that gives me just enough time to park cars on the remaining roofs in SoD1 !

I'm patiently waiting inshAllah!
    Keep the good work UL...may Allah help you overcome any difficulties/obstacles in this remaining time.
    We love you and support you with our precious time, efforts and any other means necessary!
    Happy happy!!

9. Lanzdowne

Lanzdowne Here To Help

Awesomely good news! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

10. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

I can't wait!!!

11. Cejao

Cejao Famous

We need more flash contests. :)

12. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

I need ¢10,000

QuarantineRoad, Vers, Cejao and 2 others like this.
  13. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

All I want is pieces on earth and good will to all Zombies

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    QuarantineRoad, Vers and Bob Crees like this.
  14. Furie

Furie Here To Help

Hope the Undead Labs crew have a great Christmas.

We're all right there behind you every step of the way when it comes to SoD2. So yeah, it will be a happy new year.

QuarantineRoad, Vers, Cejao and 3 others like this.
  15. Furie

Furie Here To Help

Oh, just imagine if it's part of the E3 briefing and Microsoft are like "Here's this game sequel you all know, and if not why not? Here's some gameplay. Here's a dev telling you about it. Right, all that's left is to give you a release date. You can download this right now."

That would be a mike drop and a half.

16. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

I was a casual dude until 2014 happened so I kinda know what E3 but I'm guessing you guys would know when the game is expected to release? Like other triple AAA Titles?

QuarantineRoad, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  17. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

On behalf of the "angry fans" that rant and complain about lack of info, etc. (Yeah I know I've done that in the forums too.) I want to say thanks for thie info, thanks for pushing the upper echelon for the green light to give us what ever you can. We are truly greatful for that. Forgive us for our impatience and frustrations about waiting so long in the dark. We know everything will come in due time. But on some level, maybe our pushing played a role in yours. Anyhow, Merry Christmas to all of you at Undead Labs, and Happy New Year. 2017 is gonna be an awesome year.

18. (I've been saying this since i joined UL Community) : Now that, is the true UL Community Spirit!! Well done! .-)

19. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Sanya is right, we should be grateful that we have something confirmed until then, I see why people could be angry, but would they have a rushed game or an amazing game? I thank you guys for your hard work and efforts. Can't wait till E3!!!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  20. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"

Shigeru Miyamoto