Happy New Year :)

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Sanya, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Velox

Velox Starting Off

You. Guys. Rock.
    Just a few months ago I started over again with Breakdown and it is still just such a great game.
    I still love looking at all the props lying around, magazine covers, sign posts, paintings, grafity, all those little things that bring Trumbull Valley to life, make it believable place. Really I'd love to have some "behind the scenes" info about all that, I mean, the whole place just talks all the time, every corner communicates the setting, tells you about the life the people had before the zombies came, you even get a feeling for the "better" quarters.. it's just crazy.

And have you ever looked up all the easter eggs and zombie movie references in SoD? It's just amazing (http://stateofdecay.wikia.com/wiki/Easter_Eggs) .

So.. thank for all of that. Thanks for keeping this forum a place that I'd like to return to again and again.
    Have a good time with your loved ones and a good start for 2017 :)

Cejao, QuarantineRoad, Vers and 2 others like this.
  2. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

All you angry guys have you opened up all your Christmas presents already, the anticipation is part of the fun take a BREATH
    [​IMG]

DeadK9Handler, Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  3. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Just last month, noticed a whole Easter Egg factory in LL. The area with the final VIP mission in the pharmacy is taken directly from Big Trouble In Little China. All the signage is a movie reference.

And there is mo mention of these on the wiki! I win!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Velox, Bob Crees, Cejao and 1 other person like this.
  4. Shatznr

Shatznr Here To Help

Happy Holiday Season Everyone! Still very excited for SOD 2 - more than ever actually. This is my favorite forum group to check in on each day - and I look forward for some co-op with this group once we get the new game in our greedy little paws :)

Bob Crees, Cejao and QuarantineRoad like this.
  5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Happy New Year from the UK:)

6. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

7. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Happy New Year from Texas.
    Ya Texas, Where we have some fun!

QuarantineRoad and Bob Crees like this.
  8. Backpacker Lee

Backpacker Lee Got Your Back

Happy new year to all from Portsmouth,UK. This year will be busy for Undead Labs and all those that work so hard to bring us such great entertainment. Thank you. Our fun for 2017 hinges entirely on Undead Labs.... No pressure.

QuarantineRoad, Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  9. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Happy New Year, and thanks for the info! I'll actually watch an e3 this year.

QuarantineRoad, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  10. giuseppe

giuseppe Starting Off

Felice di questa notizia, vi auguro un 2017 pieno di gioia e grandi sodisfazioni da italia:):)

Cejao and QuarantineRoad like this.
  11. ScotchGerman

ScotchGerman Starting Off

I have no problem waiting in fact I'm happy to see the game pushed as far back as 2018 (but that seems unlikely). There's way too many amazing games that recently came out and are coming out shortly that I need to satisfy myself of before I move to my SOTD2 cave that I may never ever come out of. Also a game that takes its sweet time coming out is a game that the devs had time to put everything in that could make it great and to make what they truly envisioned the game to be. I know I'm not the only one who Wants you to take your time, guys.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Cejao, QuarantineRoad and Bob Crees like this.
  12. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Whoa whoa... E3 is happening in the Summer, and there's been no mention of pushing the release to 2018. We don't want people misinterpreting that statement as matter of fact. Even though a delay like that is a possibility— I guess we'll find out in June.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  13. ScotchGerman

You're right, I just want to express how okay with a long dev time I am.

Cejao likes this.
  14. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

In that respect... I totally agree. I don't want the game rushed to meet some arbitrary, executive-appointed deadline.

15. ScotchGerman

Which it seems like that isn't the case with this one. It seems like Microsoft is letting them take their time which makes me so happy.

16. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Whoah whoah whoah.... nobody said anything about 2018. :) We're pretty set on launching in 2017. ;) But you'll find out the exact date during E3.

17. ScotchGerman

Like I said, I don't expect that or want that but if it didn't come out till 2018 I wouldn't be upset.
    It would be so cool if you did an Oprah "look under your chair" type thing with SOD2 at E3. Not because I'll be there but because it would be funny and make headlines and make a lot of people talk about the game.

18. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Cejao and QuarantineRoad like this.
  19. ScotchGerman

Thanks, mate! After meeting some of the community during the Xbox Extra Life stream I realized that you guys are pretty awesome and I should come hang out with you in your domain so here I am.

Cejao, QuarantineRoad, Vers and 2 others like this.
  20. DeadK9Handler

DeadK9Handler Here To Help

I guess my New Years resolution should be to actually get YOSE on Pc. Gotta get those mods lol!!