Having Perma-death as an option

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Jaskell, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

If anything, I want SoD2 to be harder than the first game haha! I want less resources, less weapons, less ammo, more zombies, harder freaks - the job lot! I want it to be brutal! Now admittedly I know a lot of people won't share my view (but I'm sure some will) so that's the sort of option we should be able to select - hardcore mode!
    Bob Crees, GameOver21 and Hendo003 like this.
  2. Hendo003

Hendo003 Here To Help

Kid. I am one of those who will disagree with you about making it THAT difficult. lol
  3. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

That's why it should be an option haha!
    Bob Crees likes this.
  4. MrStrange

MrStrange Got Your Back

Permadeath is a big part of what State of Decay is. Where would the 'Oh SHIT' moments go if you don't really have risk of losing something?

I'm sure someone else said it better (or will), but I think you shouldn't bend over backward to please everybody. Plus, besides, co op can mitigate that somewhat. Maybe. *shurg*
  5. Shady Allie

Shady Allie Got Your Back

He's only mostly dead.
  6. M33KY G33K

M33KY G33K Starting Off

I personally think that it shouldn't be an option. Perma-Death adds more realism and challenge to the game as a whole.

It can really affect how you play the game in general too. I learned that going full Rambo-mode and charging headfirst into an infestation ends in you becoming a human happy meal. Instead, I just take down each zombie tactically or go on the Nope Train to FuckthisshitImOutville.
    Sailorwolf, Kid Kayole and Bob Crees like this.
  7. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

Perma death is a major factor in State of decay. To only have it as a option will diminish the experience,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.