How to decrease the grind of increasing fame?

Discussion in 'State of Decay Guides' started by Jukka, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jukka

Jukka Got Your Back

I hit level 5 of BD, and with a core group of survivors all maxed out, I'm having a tough time increasing fame. I made the mistake of dumping about 500 of influence from one of my survivors upon reaching level 5, only to have it all but disappear within minutes.

Seems that building facilities is the quickest way to increase fame, so I'm going to focus on that, constantly have Lily ping for construction resources, and tear down/build back up the same facilities, which is ridiculous, but I don't know how else to speed up getting my fame to at least 500. Any suggestions?

The fame/influence relationship has a huge impact on the game, and the game does a bad job of explaining this. You get the "your influence is limited by fame" banners, but that diminishes how adverse an impact this has. A clearly visible fame/influence meter highlighting in red when you have a drain in the menus would have been helpful. The fact that you can have 500 influence basically disappear in a minutes is insane.

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Taking on Hordes helps increase Fame I believe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.