how to get mercy shot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Domino_Effect_V, May 23, 2015.

1. Domino_Effect_V

Domino_Effect_V Got Your Back

Ive achieved all breakdown challenges except for The Killer-kill a dying member of your community. I have been struggling to get this, does anybody have any tips on how I could achieve this challenge. it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - Domino

2. A7OMIIC

A7OMIIC Here To Help

I got it through starting over, on whatever level you want and literally don't do any scavenging for medicine, make sure not to have any medics on team. Then have someone in your community that is not your friend, and try to get them sick. Easiest way is to get an enclave to join, then go recruit them. Then on the way to home go through a bloater or two. Then comes the worse part you need to simply wait until someone gets gravely ill and is not a friend. Leave home, then about 5-10 minutes later, you will get the dreaded mercy shot.

3. Domino_Effect_V

Does this still work if im not in a community? Like-im still sitting in the toad with a broke down rv?

4. Seta

Seta Got Your Back

5. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

*remembers getting Alan as my first hero* *cackles wickedly*

Domino_Effect_V likes this.
  6. Domino_Effect_V

You sir, are pure evil

7. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

Not counting Gurubani, Alan was genuinely my first hero. *cackles and goes to play as Alan in Breakdown*

8. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter Here To Help

I never get Alan even in SOD. See if i can get him in YOSE.

9. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

*activates army of Alans to take over Trumbull Valley* *cackles devilishly* *nukes Danforth and giggles* Soon Belfast will be a super-power!

10. Domino_Effect_V

I WILL get alan by the end of memorial day weekend. starting tonight. My community has no healers, no medicine, no medical area, and a few non friends. hopefully now just wait for the effects to set in. sigh i hope this works.

A7OMIIC likes this.
  11. Seta

Seta Got Your Back

Good luck with that, it took slightly over two weeks before i got it to work doing that exact strategy.
    No healers, no medicine, no medical facility, and even no food eventually.

Some non friends were left alone after getting sick from Bloaters
    Some non friends got to eat fire after getting sick from Bloaters
    Some non friends got to roll around playing car tag after getting sick from Bloaters

i even let friends get sick to increase my odds by having more sick people.

Expect a lot of gravely ill people to recover for no reason, more info if you click the site below
    https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/too-much-rng-for-black-fever.48917/

Domino_Effect_V likes this.
  12. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

I got Alan with a fully-upgraded Infirmary and two healers. It's completely RNG.

13. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter Here To Help

Try to look for their mission. If non-friend survivor has a mission for you, go take it then find bloater. Walk near it and your mate will run right into it then get sick. If you don't want to gain trust then throw firebomb at them to reduce the trust.

14. Domino_Effect_V

What if the character was sick before-but is now hurt?

15. Seta

Seta Got Your Back

So much RNG is involved i don't think anyone knows for sure

16. Domino_Effect_V

YES! Three of my survivors are GRAVELY ill! I am waiting for the mercy shot. Ooooh please come to me mercy shot

17. Lukebazz91

Lukebazz91 Here To Help

I have two people that are not friends hopefully when i load up my game one of them will give me the mercy shot. Its last challenge i need to get done

18. TexasToast712

TexasToast712 Got Your Back

They have to be gravely Ill and not your friend. This is the only way I have ever got it. I have 2 gravely ill friends right now and I cant kill them.

19. Malacath

Malacath Got Your Back

I tried everything to get it unlocked on the 360 version but nothing worked so I gave up trying.

I bought YOSE on the x1. I didn't transfer my save so started a new game.

I didn't even bother trying to get it but within a couple of days I saw a green dot in the home base on the map, went to check it out expecting one of those someone needs a talking to missions and it turned out to be a mercy shot mission.

I didn't hear lilly announce it or anything it just appeared and I think but not 100% sure it was a friend as well.

20. Seta

Seta Got Your Back

Funny thing is on YOSE i have it done but on the 360 version don't