how to get mercy shot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Domino_Effect_V, May 23, 2015.

1. Bazza

Bazza Here To Help

From what I read you need to get rid of your infirmary bully one of your community with fire bottles and bloater tours until they aint your friend and are gravely ill.

I havent got it, I cant bring myself to being without an infirmary ferals are tavelling in pairs. shudder.

2. Lukebazz91

Lukebazz91 Here To Help

I finally got it, the hardest part is travelling around to pass the time while ignoring missions. I kept looting houses to find weapons so i could just mess around and every time i found resources i had to stop myself from loading them into a car to take home.

3. Felio

Felio Got Your Back

/necro

This is crap. I've been playing for a week with 20+ survivors, about 6 of them sick at any given time. I got one to be gravely ill, but he recovered to "fever" without any medicine, medical area or doctor.

Now I know I need to burn them to make them not my friend anymore. See, this is the lack of transparency they need to fix in the sequel.

4. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Uh no... burning them won't remove the 'friend' status. I set people on fire all the time, and they have never unfriended me. You need survivors that don't have max trust to start with. That way, setting them on fire will actually lower trust.

5. Felio

Felio Got Your Back

You know, that's what I thought, but other people had written and advised burning them. I guess only the survivor radio call works. You have to bring them back and not do anything until someone dies, because you don't want to accidentally make them trust you.

Like I said, this is crap.

6. CaptainAssassin

Mehhh... I happen to think that gaming achievements in general are crap. And for the longest time, I enjoyed not having Alan spawn in enclaves. The man is an absolute tool— second only to Sasquatch. Now I have both those assholes spawning constantly, the like game is making up for lost time.

Considering the abuse and neglect you're putting your current community through— why not simply start a new game? As soon as you join a community, there should be one or two survivors without max-trust already there.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017 at 12:49 PM
    Bob Crees, Cejao and Doomen Gloom like this.
  7. Takuro_Spirit

Takuro_Spirit Here To Help

I gave up on the mercy shot for the time being. I got in on 360 when it was easy for people to get sick and die. I didn't import my save and started a whole new game on Breakdown in YOSE and try as I might, even going through several levels (and several bloaters) with NO meds, NO medical, and Gravely Ill people who were not friends...... they never got sick enough to die. They always got better.

Maybe if I hit level 99 before SoD2 comes out I'll restart on level 1 and try again, but for now The Killer and whatever that 5 headshots in a row thing will remain locked. Can't seem to give a crap about that one either.

Bob Crees likes this.
  8. MrsFish

MrsFish Here To Help

Are you sure they were non-friends? Because if you're in higher levels of Breakdown, it's much harder to find non-friends. The group you take with you to higher levels are friends, obviously, and enclaves don't become recruitable until they have maxed out their friendship--so they're all joining as friends. If you're taking the enclave full of friends through bloaters before going home, you're probably wasting your time. The only non-friends you can get to join your group are ones you have Lily find via the radio, and in that scenario, only one will not be a friend.

Also, when the non-friend person is sick, are you just waiting or using the simulation? If I get a non-friend sick and want them to die (and have no medical facility, no medicine, etc.), I just let the simulation handle it (sometimes running it a couple times).

Another thing I've found is the gravely ill non-friend needs to be home. If they're somewhere on a mission, they won't ping the mercy shot. They have to be home for that to happen.

But, regardless, it did seem easier on 360...

Bob Crees likes this.
  9. QMJS

QMJS Famous

You also need to have a free mission slot... there is a limit to how many can be active at once, so if you are just waiting around but have a bunch of other missions, you won't have any chance of getting the mission assigned.

Bob Crees and CaptainAssassin like this.
  10. Takuro_Spirit

Takuro_Spirit Here To Help

I tried friends and non-friends. I accidentally started a new level of Breakdown with just my one dude and Lily, and recruited via the radio from there. Before that I had tried in the lower levels when I was amassing my supplies, people, library stuff, etc. to stick around as long as possible and get The Killer when it first was available. Then I just gave up.
    I tried waiting, using the simulation (which is a joke on YOSE, almost NO time passes, especially if you forget to fully exit the game and leave your Xbone on standby), running them into a billion bloaters...

MrsFish likes this.
  11. CaptainAssassin

Yeah... easier (to get bad things to happen) on the 360— that's a testament to the nerfing that has happened during the transition to YOSE.

12. Felio

Felio Got Your Back

And of course, if you do the missions, your victims may start to trust you and be removed as candidates.

13. CaptainAssassin

Focus on the enclave missions.... and really really fuck it up. So that their trust ends up lower than before the mission started. It takes only a little reckless driving and generous firebombing.

14. Felio

Felio Got Your Back

Why? You can't get mercy shot missions for other enclaves, can you? I don't think they can even get sick.

15. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Make sure you are not using a character with leadership... that vastly accelerates the trust process.

16. CaptainAssassin

No. The 'focus' was in regard to reducing the total number of missions on screen. Low trust with enclaves can also trigger the 'You Suck!" fate card... which also lowers morale. Trust and morale need to stay low.

Felio likes this.
  17. zechs

zechs Here To Help

Keep watch of gravely ill non friends who aren't home. Have Lilly contact them and go to them. That opens the chance to give them a mercy kill. They aren't home in case they die and kill others. But getting them home let's them use you as an escape.

MrsFish likes this.
  18. Felio

Felio Got Your Back

Yeah, I desperately need to load up the RV and move on and try again. My strategy of having lots of sick survivors to infect the newcomers is not working. I have 30 now, and when I send one home, I can't even get back home myself before they are out again.

Bob Crees likes this.
  19. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I read somewhere that it's best to start a new game and not have any meds. This is one of the Missions I have yet to unlock, so for me it will be trial and error.

Bazza, Takuro_Spirit and Felio like this.
  20. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

Also took me a lot of tries to get that unlock, but of course the irony and Murphy's law into action was that after getting it, got 2 more mercy kills missions on the next level...