How to improve survivor attitudes.

Discussion in 'State of Decay Guides' started by Clyde, Jan 19, 2014.

1. FatesTool

FatesTool Got Your Back

hmm. so do i pay 100 influence to not take a 25 point moral hit and effect someones mode negatively..
    hard choice that.
    Ive been killing people in the shed for 13 levels though with no negatives so I probably wont stop.

The Shed is a living thing now. It needs to be fed.

2. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

I believe Markco is saying that he kills them for 10 influence, does not take the 25 moral hit, or the downgrading of everyones mood by killing them. Start with person you want to kill, call for scavengers, complete mission, ask the other survivor to take over, kill target. I think. Is that correct, Markco?

3. This one's an easy fix!
    Just kill anyone who causes problems!
    Thus, Killing the Problem!

CoreWorld likes this.
  4. A few minor points:
    • You can't "improve" someone whose mood is Overbearing, since it sort of replaces any other positive moods. Autocrat characters always become Overbearing when their mood is positive. To keep them from annoying others, take them down a notch, to "Concerned" or some other neutral moods, and try to leave it there.
    • Running over hordes when the message "Too many Hordes" appears is great for improving attitude, be it sad, scared or angry.

5. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

Good call, I messed up on Overbearing.

6. Painweaver

Painweaver Got Your Back

i have a problem with one of my heroes... amelia crasman she never gets above uncertain no matter how many rucks i return or how many missions, infestations or other mood altering activities i do. is this a bug?

7. Byerly724

Byerly724 Here To Help

I always thought the person who goes on a scavenger run was the first person in your community list going left to right, top to bottom that is available.

And you can take a survivor out of base and switch to make them "away from home" and check in on them. Save yourself 100 influence.

8. Painweaver

Painweaver Got Your Back

check ins do nothing :( no influence or anything gained. can you get them to follow you when checking in?

9. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

My Amelia right now is setting at a high attitude. So I don't know. Lets try to figure it out. Have you tried having her call for survivors and have her initiate the quest with whomever shows up to do it? It should improve both parties attitudes.

10. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

I think @Byerly724 is talking about further up where we were discussing how to kill survivors... this post was made before the second post in my signature.

11. Painweaver

Painweaver Got Your Back

i save the call for scavenger for late game when i can double the resources i bring in per call. i might have to do it just to get her to a good mood. nothing else works.

12. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

Another thing you might try is having all your enclaves maxed out, then all your missions will be from home base and you can use her as a helper. You can switch in different people and have her follow you for quite some time.

13. Byerly724

Byerly724 Here To Help

Thanks, this is what my vague comment was supposed to be about lol

14. Painweaver

Painweaver Got Your Back

awesome tip there!!! ive yet to try the moral support road yet. altho i do have the maxed enclaves sitting around

15. Painweaver

Painweaver Got Your Back

moral support is a hit and miss. i cant seem to get it right. every time i cheer a kill i get no improvement (message for trust gain) is there something im missing?

16. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

I think you start your cheer just before the kill. At least that's what I've been doing... think I got a leadership skill up that way. I usually knock a zed down and leave it for the helper and start looking for the next zed.

Anybody have a more confident answer?

17. Painweaver

Painweaver Got Your Back

i will try to time it better. hope this works. i am tired of people being stuck on a certain mood even if i return a bunch of rucks and do missions.

18. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

@Painweaver I just confirmed... you want to start the cheer before they do the killing blow. I wasn't quick enough to get a screenshot, but I just got the emotional support message.

19. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

images.jpg

Vers, CoreWorld, SandMan81 and 4 others like this.
  20. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

It seems if you press the button right when they widen their stance to do an execution you will get the emotional support message. I haven't been able to time it right when they are repeatedly cracking a Zed in the head.

XzerothreeX likes this.