Human Survivors in State of Decay 2 Part 1

Discussion in 'News' started by Undead Nicole, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

2. Felio

Felio Here To Help

I had wondered if the sequel was going to move the timeline forward to a few years after the outbreak. It appears not.

I guess that's fine; everything going to hell is exciting. And we get to be a part of shaping how it all goes to hell, rather than being plopped into a world with fully developed factions and warlords we've never heard of and playing catch-up. I had just been wondering.

Geoff728, tobu24, Bob Crees and 9 others like this.
  3. GEO THUNDER

GEO THUNDER Here To Help

What are the chances we'll find 2 survivors with the same outfit/face? Hopefully slim. Btw the characters and outfits look amazing

4. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

I guess we can't customize or re-dress each character's clothing? This is kinda dissapointing. I was hoping to give some characters I come across a make-over. Add some personal touches to some favorites. This is only part 1, so we will see.

I like the variety. Leather jackets and other armor alternatives appears to be the goal, this makes sense but I hope we still see some tank tops/muscle shirts like Eli wore. Or at the very least some sleeveless leather vests?

We can only see a few rows in the character image pool but the female characters with the hats all appear to have the same hairstyle. It's nice to see a huge ethnic variety.

It appears that everything is randomly generated. Face, hair, skin color, clothing. We might get similar characters, but identicle characters will probably be very slim. +1

I too was under the impression that this game took place years into the ZA based on the world's appearance in the trailer. Now that we've gotten confirmation that these characters are still wearing what they were wearing when the ZA occurred, it appears to be a more recent setting. Either this or they never changed their clothes in years lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2017
  5. I'll give my two hands to play-test SoD2!!!!!
    um...legs...preferably my two legs! Lol

6. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

Imagine SoD2 in VR with Kinect support lmao, that would be hilarious to watch someone fight off zeds.

7. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Yes! No character customization, how it should always be!!! :)

Good thing they won't look too identical.

8. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

I'm all for not having customized characters to a certain point. While playing SoD1 Breakdown, I always wanted the ability to change the outfits of the characters for immersion sake. Every character wearing the same outfit for dozens of Breakdown levels? Rediculous, even hobos change their clothes. We are fighting zeds/hordes daily, bloaters exploding all over us on occasion, and the community assumes a dining area is good enough maintain cleanliness? lol I'd rather eat alone then eat in a clean dining area next to someone who hasn't changed in months/years.

I know it ain't much of a gameplay changer, but neither were backpacks of similar size, but we still got variety there.

9. Goonie

Goonie Here To Help

How exciting! I see a few familiar faces in there. :D

10. Vers

Vers Here To Help

"So, more hoodies and leather jackets, fewer horns. More flannel and boots you could…uh…scavenge, less hand forged body armor."

Thank. God.

11. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

I don't think we can scavenge any clothing, it states that character appearances are locked like they were in SoD1.

12. Vers

Vers Here To Help

Yeah I think you're right, I'm just happy I won't be finding any vikings running around in the game :)

13. MrMonst3r

MrMonst3r Famous

Oh yes, I read this. Very exciting! The character models look great. :) I always loved the diversity of characters in the original so I'm looking forward to the new survivors. I'm guessing we probably won't have customisation but it'd be nice have removable body armour, maybe alternative skins?

14. Felio

Felio Here To Help

15. xGbHx

xGbHx Got Your Back

Release date hasn't even been announced and I found my favorite male look

16. Vers

Vers Here To Help

Which?

17. xGbHx

xGbHx Got Your Back

The one with the Orange beanie, 2nd row

18. Wooow!!! That would be sooooo funny and also a very terrifying scene with a feral!!!
    ahshahahaha

19. Benfynyn

Benfynyn Here To Help

It would be neat if there was SOME kind of alterations we could make to what people wear. Like armbands or something to show that they are part of the players community. With a boost to morale to some characters (police/military background) and maybe a hit to the morale of those that are rebellious (i.e. conspiracy theorist, anarchist, or criminals/outlaws).

EDIT: I guess it would be sort of like the "matching tatoo" only visible to the player and with a downside depending on community composition. If that makes sense.

20. Vers

Vers Here To Help

My Four-Part Guess:

* Appearance

* Skills

* Traits

* and...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017