I Just Want A Barbed-Wire Baseball Bat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Artificial_Soul, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Artificial_Soul

Artificial_Soul Starting Off

Okay, lets all agree that a barbed-wire wrapped baseball bat is possibly one of the coolest blunt weapons ever. I do believe that would make an amazing addition to the blunt weapons, it would also satisfy all those Negan (TWD) wanna-be's, If you guys haven't done so already, can add this when you get a chance please? You guys are doing great work, i absolutely love what you guys are doing and SOD2 is gonna be one of the best game of 2018. I'm definitely going to pre-order this game. But yeah, just a suggestion, it would be really cool if you guys could add this.

I know I already created this thread but that got moved somewhere, (I put that thread in the wrong place) I’m not sure were though. I’m new to this forum, so give me a break. I’m not trying to spam, I just want to make sure the devs see this suggestion. Last time I’m posting this, I swear guys!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    Kid Kayole and Bob Crees like this.
  2. Biker Steve

Biker Steve Got Your Back

Maybe they'll make a microtransaction just for this one. :p

GEO THUNDER and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Artificial_Soul

Oh no! Don’t give them any ideas!

Bob Crees likes this.
  4. Felio

Felio Here To Help

Profanity-filled Jeffrey Dean Morgan voice set mod, here we come...

maltriagon and Bob Crees like this.
  5. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

I gotta say love Negan. Jefferey is amazing and comic book Negan is even better. I look like comic book Negan quite a bit so I was gonna go as him for Halloween but ran out of time. In SoD 2 we get to pick our own leader character and follow towards their values and ideals. If that's the case my leader is totally gonna be like Negan haha. Unfortunately for the rest of my survivors. I'd love a wired bat.
    "Lucille is thirsty! She's a vampire bat!"

Bob Crees likes this.
  6. Artificial_Soul

I actually went as Negan for Halloween, my Luccile was on point. It was great. I was heartbroken when he killed Glenn though. A barbed-wire wrapped bat would be sick in SoD2.

Kid Kayole, maltriagon and Bob Crees like this.
  7. MrFish

MrFish Got Your Back

He needs a leaning animation whenever he taunts.

8. Artificial_Soul

I hope the developers are seeing this thread and taking notes.

Takuro_Spirit and Bob Crees like this.
  9. zechs

zechs Here To Help

I don't recall anything of a promise being made for such. Unsolicited to a degree but they got their minds wrapped around other things at the moment.

Lots of weapons would be nice. But that dredges into Dead Rising turf.

maltriagon and Bob Crees like this.
  10. orgelambart

orgelambart Here To Help

State of Decay and dead rising are like Cricket and Baseball,, about as far apart as you can possibly be..

I wouldn't mind if UL put a homage to some classic zombie movie survivors,.. Although with that type of stuff you'd have to be careful to avoid copyright issues... although It would be killer to see them have Ben or Judith from the original Night of the Living dead.. Pretty sure it wouldn't violate laws as the movie is actually in the Public Domain..

Bob Crees likes this.
  11. Artificial_Soul

It wouldn’t really drag into the Dead Rising territory. When people see a barbed-wire wrapped baseball bat they think The Walking Dead. Well, most people do anyways, and Undead Labs can’t get sued for putting a certain weapon in the game. (Unless they directly call it Lucille.) Quite frankly who cares if it drags into other territory? Unless it causes legal issues, who cares? I know this was never a promise the devs made and that’s why I’m bringing it up, so they see this and they think, “Hey that would be pretty cool, shouldn’t be that hard to make, if we got some free time let’s add it.” At the end of the day I just want a barbed-wire wrapped baseball bat, and I’m sure a lot of you guys do too. So let’s make this a thing, spread the word, get the devs to see this thread and let them decide if it should be added or not.

Bob Crees likes this.
  12. Artificial_Soul

(This was supposed to go on the post above this)

Bob Crees likes this.
  13. MrFish

MrFish Got Your Back

You don't really get in to Dead Rising territory until you're duct taping things together to build a laser guided rocket laser that shoots lasers from rockets that guide in more rockets that also shoot lasers, for which the components are 1 laser pointer and 1 fire cracker.

Bob Crees and Artificial_Soul like this.
  14. Artificial_Soul

Exactly.

Bob Crees likes this.
  15. CharlieChainsaw

CharlieChainsaw Here To Help

I just want a chainsaw......

Bob Crees likes this.
  16. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

17. Mercenaryman

Mercenaryman Starting Off

I'm pretty sure there will be some sort of weapon customization in the game. In some of the screenshots there are modified vehicles with metal sheets and iron bars attached, so assuming we can modify cars (and we don't just find vehicles naturally decked out in armor), why not weapons? Bashing zombie brains with a barbed wire baseball bat (and maybe some pesky bandits) would be super dope! :p

P.S I'm new to the forum as well, so welcome! :)

Bob Crees and Artificial_Soul like this.