If anyone is listening...Attics and Basements...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadowreflexion, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Shadowreflexion

Shadowreflexion Got Your Back

I've been thinking about this fot a while.

Huge risk, huge reward.

Imagine scavenging a house and the final areas are an attic or basement. What's behind the door or what's up that ladder? Survivors who made a final stand, mutated into a feral or 3 depending on how unlucky you are. A couple of Jugs who gorged themselves on preserves and rations in that basement waiting for someone to open that door.

A gun enthusiast who's spent time in life stockpiling weapons rare and regular arms? "Ding!"

How does the community feel about the extra spots in some homes you enter to scavenge?

Yay or Nay?

2. Dest45

Dest45 Here To Help

Why not

Doomen Gloom and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

[​IMG]

Bob Crees likes this.
  4. HakuReimu

HakuReimu Starting Off

Open the attic and basement 40 screamers infinitely stun locking you 8). I love the idea on a for real note yay for me

5. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Sure just better be in ninja mode if you go into a spot with only one way out, and you better not fast search and the only light available would be your flashlight.

Shadowreflexion and Bob Crees like this.
  6. Furie

Furie Here To Help

I'm all for things that differentiate the houses, especially things that can be turned on and off to make certain houses different when we come to a new version of a familiar map.

Things like alarm systems on the homes making us have to be extra careful how we enter. Panic rooms (or other stronghold areas like attics and cellars) that are hard to get into but hold guaranteed good loot. Keys to cars in the driveway to be found in the house. Just little things that can be active or not and change up the loot cycle of a place enough that it's still got something new each time we get to it.

These sort of stronghold areas would be best served by having to find the key to them. This keeps the player either in the house for longer or, if they stumble across the same style scenario at another house and remember that door they couldn't get past, it'll see them running back there for another look around. And that can only be good for the game.

7. MrsFish

MrsFish Here To Help

I would totally love it! Or how about a hidden bunker? Some prepper has been preparing since Y2K, so maybe there are a ton of goodies down there...or maybe zeds?

Shadowreflexion and Bob Crees like this.
  8. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I like that one barn, where you have to climb the ladder to get to the loot. If I recall there is a sleep bag and stuff up there as well as the loot. I always wonder what happened to the owner of the equipment.

Shadowreflexion likes this.
  9. Shadowreflexion

Shadowreflexion Got Your Back

Y2K!!!

Oh the memories of paranoid people waiting for the end.

I fondly remember being at my favorite "hole in the wall" diner eating and laughing, watching the news feed from a pager. Yes, I'm old lol!

But yes, a hidden Y2K bunker thrown in would be a great pop culture reference as you loot it. Imagine a "Kirby" toy sitting on a crate of ammunition...

MrsFish, Dbomb 12 and Bob Crees like this.
  10. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

I think this would be more '90s appropriate:

[​IMG]

11. Furie

Furie Here To Help

I think I dated her back then...

Bob Crees likes this.
  12. Spelunky

Spelunky Here To Help

hidden bunker would sure be a very cool option for community settlement. Great defense however barely any room and more opportunity for community quarrels. However, if it is better than that then I would love if it actually had some randomized spawn placement. This would at least require a search for it, instead of players immediately making a beeline for the base once they spawn in.

Bob Crees and MrsFish like this.