Imaginary Casting Call

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Apr 29, 2014.

1. The Unreanimator

The Unreanimator Got Your Back

Marcus Luttrell might squeeze into the Sass' boots. But I doubt it.

2. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

I'm hoping State of Decay, if it does become a television series, doesn't become nothing but an action series. I'm hoping it has story, character development, and overall, sad moments.

And I swear to god, if people compare if to The Walking Dead...

3. Revenge0frock

Revenge0frock Famous

Since SOD is as close to the walking dead as currently exist (In terms of storyline.. I think its even close than the walking dead videogame), I don't think its possible for them not to be compared against one another. However, with as popular as TWD is, I imagine it'd give a high incentive to another network to get SOD the tv show up and going.

4. David Hoeffner

David Hoeffner Starting Off

As far as the old cliche' that the black guy dies first in the old horror movies, on my first play through Marcus freaking got wasted by the juggernaut when you go find doc. I was like no way, my game is not going to be prey to that old cliche' plus I liked Marcus, so I restarted the whole game from scratch.

I made it past the the doc quest with ease the second time, and a few missions later Marcus flips the truck in the middle of the country cutting down to Marshall and gets wasted by some zeds. Of course he was again the first to die. I gave up and kept playing.

Then, I was out with Sam clearing zeds all day and got the quest to go out to meet Erik at the blocked overpass that ended up leading to the fair grounds. From there on Sam was locked into the final quest chains and I could never get her rested or switched out and kept pumping her full of coffee and pills to keep her going instead.

By the last mission she had like 10% stamina and could barely swing her bat. She ran out of ammo and was ripped apart by a juggernaut on the final zed wave before Erik blows himself up.

In the end I only lost Marcus and Sam, my alternate favorites other than Maya, and also the only African-American characters in the game.

stupid cliche' lol

5. Wasn't the order
    The Black guy
    The Blonde
    The Jock Defending the Blonde
    The unexpected death
    The Nerd
    ?

6. I think it would be cool to see Nathan Fillion as Job Wilderson myself.

7. Stanman

Stanman Got Your Back

8. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Lots of good choices, but I'd actually prefer some relatively unknown actors... there is no shortage of them out there.

Kurt Schlegel and Dutchdynomite like this.
  9. Kurt Schlegel

Kurt Schlegel Starting Off

Get Ellen Page gothed up to be that goth chick Alex

EDIT: or Lily. I need Ellen somewhere

10. Kurt Schlegel

Kurt Schlegel Starting Off

Chuck Norris as The Sass

11. RossBeeUK

RossBeeUK Got Your Back

Danielle Harris from the Halloween films as Karen Tolbert

12. firefighter1137

firefighter1137 Starting Off

Marcus Campbell - Will Smith
    Maya Torres - Michelle Rodriguez
    Sheriff Carl Parsons - Liam Neeson
    Lilly Ritter - Jessica Biehl
    Ed Jones - Simon Pegg
    Alan Gunderson - Bruce Willis
    Sergeant Erik Tan - Jason Statham
    Other Actors that would fit roles
    Edward Burns, Danny Trejo, John Goodman, Twinkie man-Woody Harrelson!!!

ThatChristmaskid likes this.
  13. Half

Half Starting Off

Marcus Campbell - Charlie Murphy
    Maya Torres - Paris Hilton
    Sheriff Carl Parsons - Tom Cruise
    Lilly Ritter - the girl with 3 tats from total recall
    Ed Jones - Eric Cantona
    Alan Gunderson - your man from 3 men and a little lady - he was in friends too.
    Sergeant Erik Tan - The Fonz

14. Tsewe

Tsewe Here To Help

While I don't really see the point of making a TV Show since the game is amazing because it's all about you creating your own narrative (characters getting killed without a particular order except Marcus Campbell as 1st for me too), I find this thread very funny.
    I can only think that the show would eventually become too close to TWD, which would become boring.

Now here are my top actor choices

1- Maya Torres - Michelle Rodriguez (as many have already told - I didn't even think about it for more than 2 sec)
    2-Alan Gunderson - Sean Bean (I can't put any other name since I saw him in the 1st page, that's a genius choice)
    3- Lilly Ritter - Paul Dano (he has succeeded so far in playing annoying characters)

15. the vampire flick 30 days of night was just a little comic book - helluva scary movie though

Jaime King for lily

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    MrMonst3r likes this.
  16. American Steel

American Steel Here To Help

Honestly, we need to see some off cast characters in here.

Starting Off:
    Marcus Cambell - Denzel Washington, Denzel plays a good lead and can play crazy well. I can just Denzel out on a moral mission :) Training Day meets Zeds :p
    Ed Jones - Robert Walburg
    Maya Torres - Rosario Dawson

Church of the Ascension:
    Alan Wilkerson - Josh Brolin
    Pastor Will - Steve Buscemi, because he acts all nice and then goes WAY off into left field
    Lilly Ritter - Sarah Wayne Callies, because she was SOOO anoying in the Walking Dead. You just KNOW she fits the bill
    Sam Hoffman - Laila Ali (yes, the boxer)
    The Doc - Jeff Bridges

Shot off the bow:
    Ray Santos - Joe Pesci, because Ray has that quiet exterior that just say "You think I'm funny?!"
    Eric Tan - Patrick Kilpatrick or Benicio Del Toro
    Andy Pims - Jack Elam
    Whoever says "I am going to have a total girl boner on you!" - Chelsea Handler, because she could pull off the line better than anyone :)

17. marcus's voice sounds like Ice T, kinda grumpy and blunt

18. Zombie_Coats

Zombie_Coats Here To Help

So glad most of you arent casting directors! :p :D

19. American Steel

American Steel Here To Help

They just asked for actors... though directors does make an excellent point. Imagine if someone like Tim Burton got the role? Oh please no!