Jeff on This Week on XBOX

Discussion in 'News' started by Undead Nicole, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

The good stuff starts at 6:39. It may be inappropriate for some viewers. ;) So stay frosty out there.

2. Vanilla

Vanilla Got Your Back

Good stuff. Getting hyped for some SOD 2! I like the sound of dynamic narrative :)

3. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Sounds really interesting:)

4. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

C'mon Jeff! Not one crumb of a spoiler?

Vers, Fabian907, Kid Kayole and 7 others like this.
  5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Well we got the words -

"Dynamic Narrative"

"Phenomenal Story Telling"

"New ways to take it to the Zombie Hordes"

Stayed Tunes the clock is ticking:)

[​IMG]

Wayne, Fabian907, rebel36 and 6 others like this.
  6. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

[​IMG]
    It's really going to happen:D

Guyver, Fabian907, Bob Crees and 3 others like this.
  7. Hendo003

Hendo003 Here To Help

[​IMG]

Wayne, Sabbatha, The Joker and 7 others like this.
  8. Takuro_Spirit

Takuro_Spirit Here To Help

I for one can't WAIT to be robbed blind by some griefing enclave member. :D

9. BigbadDusty

BigbadDusty Starting Off

It's game over man, game over. Thanks for sharing.

10. Kjolly99

Kjolly99 Here To Help

Videos Script:
    I = Interviewer
    J = Jeff

I: I'm here with Jeff Strain who is the Executive Producer for State of Decay 2, Jeff, How are you?

J: I am doing fine, thanks.

I: I am looking to hear what's going on with State of Decay 2, Tell us.

J: Well. We are- uh- busy trying to get it ready for its release this year...

I: Yup.

J: ...It's coming together beautifully. And it's super exciting, you know, obviously at the studio we are all huge fans of the original game too, and so its kind of a fantasy for us to get it to this point and see it coming together and know that it's real.
    When we looked at the original game and kind of made a big list of, "here's what worked" - "here's what didn't work so well" and here are the things that we want (to) double down on and one of the things that we explored with the original game was kinda this feeling of creating bases and communities where everybody had their own agendas and their own ideas and their own desires and impulses and you saw that modelled in the game that sometimes you'd come in and play and somebody would have stolen all your stuff and taken off because they got angry with you, or something, and we really wanted to take that to the next level and so one of the bigger area of innovation for the game beyond the cooperative multiplayer aspect of it is what we call: "Dynamic Narrative", which is really bringing the Social and Community aspects of the game into the overall simulation in the same way we do zombie behavior and modelling and the overall state of the world and it really creates for some phenomenal story-telling.

I: Jeff, what is your favourite gameplay moment of State of Decay 2 that you've come across in testing.

J: You know, I'd love to tell you that it'ss some of these features we're putting into the game the dynamic narrative the- obviously the multiplayer really adds a whole new dimension to the game that's super fun, but for me personally, the thing that I am still doing at midnight when I'm playtesting the game is driving around in my car slamming zombies and taking it to them with the weapons and the guns, right. There's still that visceral thrill of that and the fidelity is so much enhanced in State of Decay 2 compared to State of Decay 1, we just give you all kinds of new ways to take it to the Zombie Hoards.

I: Jeff. Can you remind everyone when the game is coming out?

J: Yup, it's 2017, this year. And we'll have more details for you at E3.

I: That is awesome, Jeff Strain is the executive producer for State of Decay 2, Jeff, Thanks for your time.

J: You bet, Larry, Thank you.

11. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter Here To Help

I'm still wondering about this "Dynamic Narrative". SOD already has narrative on their own that is not shoehorn down the player but it pretty basic, bland, and simple, yet, i get what they are trying to do. While a lot of those are quite annoying like an individual lashing out or get angry despite they are in pretty safe space compare to running out hopelessly outside, it is because the apocalypse already came and no way everything will be like the same.

Funny enough that most of individual in SOD are pretty calm about all these zombie breakout compare to other game or movie. It doesn't try to be over-dramatic.

12. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

I believe he means our choices affect the story of the game as it unfolds.

Doomen Gloom, Vers and Bob Crees like this.
  13. Dunadain

Dunadain Here To Help

3/10: Jeff just appeared on Xbox this week. Started around 9:18am, whatever the replay timestamp is.

XzerothreeX and Doomen Gloom like this.
  14. DeadK9Handler

DeadK9Handler Here To Help

Fire the kid who kept putting Borderlands up while Jeff was talking. Also I heard Jeff mention a sizable part of the US... :)

15. Undead Nicole

I just watched the March 10 episode and didn't see him. Do you have a link?

16. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Ya I did too, I saw the old one but nothing on 3/10

XzerothreeX likes this.
  17. Undead Nicole

Good I'm not crazy :)

18. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

You deal with us every day so that point is still up for debate:)

Wayne, XzerothreeX and Undead Nicole like this.
  19. Dunadain

Dunadain Here To Help

It's the Xbox daily live @ PAX East. His segment started about 0918 PST, about 5 minutes ending with the SOD 2 trailer. They may not have it available for re-watch, as it's still going on, according to my Twitch.

20. Vanilla

Vanilla Got Your Back

I think they are referring to the Pax East Xbox stream coverage. Jeff was talking to Josh about State of decay 2