Last Human Standing - August Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Undead Nicole, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Last Human Standing!

Do you have what it takes to survive the Zombie Apocalypse? We think you might.

Welcome to Undead Lab's Last Human Standing game! You're here because you are hardcore and built to last. You're ready to face the zombie threat head on. You also want the chance to win fabulous prizes!

Give us your name and your email address. We'll do the rest.

Watch the action happen here on the daily rolls sheet- http://bit.ly/1h34bbg
    and then comment here in the Game Thread - http://bit.ly/1MTKZXn

We'll give out a weekly prize as a consolation for joining the Undead masses. The lucky person to stay alive for the entire game wins big!

Official Rules - http://bit.ly/1MWs0eU

Entry to the Contest will close Sunday Evening (8/02/15) at 11:59 p.m PDT before we run the first roll.

First roll will happen before or at 12:00 p.m. PDT Monday, August 3, 2015.

Rules -

Based on our forum's very own Stay Alive game, Last Human Standing's rules are simple. We will assign your username a daily roll of the dice (1D12). Based on the value of that roll, you will either take damage or gain health points.

Everyone starts out with *** 20 **** health points.

Rolls –
    1D12 Modifier Description

[ 1 ] 1 An apple away keeps the doctor away. You find an old apple tree with a few withered pieces of fruit that will keep for at least a couple of days.

[ 2 ] -1 You catch the fleshy part of your palm on the razor sharp lid of a can of tomatoes. Ouch that stings - and will for a few days.

[ 3 ] 3 You run into a friendly enclave. They invite you to stay the night and before sending you off in the morning, they give you extra food and gear.

[ 4 ] 1 While rifling through an abandoned backpack you find a candy bar. The chocolatey goodness raises your spirits and keeps you going for another day.

[ 5 ] 0 You stumbled upon a water tower high enough off the ground to keep you safe for a while. Someone kindly left a couple of blankets and a journal to pass the cold night.

[ 6 ] 2 Jackpot! You scored a rucksack filled with Corned Beef Hash and canned raviolis you will be eating well tonight!

[ 7 ] Bitten -5 DOT You have been bitten. Your festering wound cannot be treated. You will lose 5 points upon every roll.

(Some explanation for a 7 Roll -
    If you are bitten on day 3, you get the -5 modifier automatically. Say on Day 4, you roll a 3. This would have given you a 3 point health boost. Unfortunately, you have that -5 modifier from being bitten. So, you will only receive a -2 point reduction of a health instead of the +3 boost. If on day 5 you happen to roll ANOTHER 7, you will lose -10 points that day. On day 6, you're fortunate enough to hit another 3, you only lose -2 instead of the -5.)

[ 8 ] 0 You found an underground bunker. Though there are no provisions, but it's a safe place to wait out the night.

[ 9 ] -5 You got lost on your way back to the base, ran into a Feral. You killed it, but took some damage in the process

[ 10 ] -8 You ran into a Horde while taking a leisurely walk. You only had one gun with you and a box cutter. You made it out alive, but the resulting fight left you broken and bloody.

[ 11 ] -5 You drank some water out of an open rain barrel without purifying it first. The resulting stay near the outhouse not only depletes your supply of toilet paper, but you can't go look for food today.

[ 12 ] -2 You tripped on your untied shoelaces and scraped your knee.

Prizes –
    Grand Prize Winner – The person who stays alive the longest will receive a State of Decay CLEO Water Bottle, Signed State of Decay Art, A digital YOSE code for a friend.

[​IMG]

Runner Up (2nd Place) – This winner will receive a State of Decay CLEO Water Bottle, and a digital YOSE code for themself or a friend.

Sorry you're Zed! – Each week, we'll draw a name from the pool of players that didn't make it. The random winner will receive a State of Decay Pinny and a digital YOSE code for them and a friend.

[​IMG]

Keep an eye on this thread https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/last-human-standing-august-edition.50233/ I’ll let everyone know when to check the sheet for the daily rolls. You can check the sheet at any time though. You can find it here - http://bit.ly/1h34bbg.

Each day we will post the rolls and update the scores. Stock up on your canned goods and toilet paper people. It's going to be a bumpy ride!

Small Print - The Lawyers say that we can't have winners outside of the US. If you happen to be outside the US and you win - Hey you get bragging rights but I can't send you the "Grand Prize."

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  2. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron inquires if robots are permitted to participate in the Last Human Standing contest.

NeoXCS, Cejao, QuarantineRoad and 6 others like this.
  3. Undead Nicole

For you my friend, we will make an exception.

DeadK9Handler, NeoXCS, Cejao and 8 others like this.
  4. Matty Goodfella

Matty Goodfella Got Your Back

5. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

EXCITEMENT IS REAL!

6. Aaron V

Aaron V Famous

Yaaaay! Time to sit next the outhouse all day with disentary and no TP.

Cejao, Rock33B, DeadK9Handler and 4 others like this.
  7. What is this?

Cejao and ThatChristmaskid like this.
  8. Shadowfogkiller

Shadowfogkiller Here To Help

Can this time I use the sonic screwdriver to mess with the time line?

9. WillieSea

WillieSea Famous

10. ThatChristmaskid likes this.
  11. Genious

Genious Here To Help

Soooo post-apocalyptic Oregon Trail??? I'm in!

Oh, and dibs on TP, I got the 'priorities' trait. :)

12. Aaron V

Aaron V Famous

True story. Things really never got better after that.

13. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

Can't...wait!:)

14. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

:D:D:D:D:D:D

15. Undead Nicole

16. Genious

Genious Here To Help

I'm available for writing things for future reference... I live for this kind of stuff. :)

17. Lukebazz91

Lukebazz91 Here To Help

Looking forward to it

18. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

Literally just gasped and said "Oh my god!!" out loud when I saw the thread title - it was difficult to explain to my confused girlfriend what I was so excited about haha! :)

19. Shannon

Shannon Here To Help

I got you beat. Mine went feral attack, bitten, feral attack, dead. Had to be the worst survivor ever, lol.

20. Aaron V

Aaron V Famous

Wow! You got me in that one. You must have drawn the ire of the RNG gods.