Last Human Standing - YOSE Contest Announcement

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Nicole, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Last Human Standing!

Do you have what it takes to survive the Zombie Apocalypse? We think you might.

Welcome to Undead Lab's Last Human Standing game! You're here because you are hardcore and built to last. You're ready to face the zombie threat head on. You also want the chance to win fabulous prizes!

Give us your name and your email address. We'll do the rest.

Check the forums daily for the Zed toll. We'll give out a weekly prize as a consolation for joining the Undead masses. The lucky person to stay alive for the entire game wins big!

Entry to the Contest will close Monday morning (3/30/15) at 12:00 a.m PDT before we run the first roll.

First roll will happen at 12:00 p.m. PDT Monday, March 30, 2015.

Watch the action happen here in the game thread - https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/last-human-standing-game-thread.47634/

Rules -

Based on our forum's very own Stay Alive game, Last Human Standing's rules are simple. We will assign your username a daily roll of the dice (1D12). Based on the value of that roll, you will either take damage or gain health points.

Everyone starts out with *** 20 **** health points.

Rolls –

1D12 Modifier Description

[ 1 ] 1 An apple away keeps the doctor away. You find an old apple tree with a few withered pieces of fruit that will keep for at least a couple of days.

[ 2 ] -1 You catch the fleshy part of your palm on the razor sharp lid of a can of tomatoes. Ouch that stings - and will for a few days.

[ 3 ] 3 You run into a friendly enclave. They invite you to stay the night and before sending you off in the morning, they give you extra food and gear.

[ 4 ] 1 While rifling through an abandoned backpack you find a candy bar. The chocolatey goodness raises your spirits and keeps you going for another day.

[ 5 ] 0 You stumbled upon a water tower high enough off the ground to keep you safe for a while. Someone kindly left a couple of blankets and a journal to pass the cold night.

[ 6 ] 2 Jackpot! You scored a rucksack filled with Corned Beef Hash and canned raviolis you will be eating well tonight!

[ 7 ]
    Bitten -5 DOT You have been bitten. Your festering wound cannot be treated. You will lose 5 points upon every roll.

(Some explanation for a 7 Roll -

If you are bitten on day 3, you get the -5 modifier automatically. Say on Day 4, you roll a 3. This would have given you a 3 point health boost. Unfortunately, you have that -5 modifier from being bitten. So, you will only receive a -2 point reduction of a health instead of the +3 boost. If on day 5 you happen to roll ANOTHER 7, you will lose -10 points that day. On day 6, you're fortunate enough to hit another 3, you only lose -2 instead of the -5.)

[ 8 ] 0 You found an underground bunker. Though there are no provisions, but it's a safe place to wait out the night.

[ 9 ] -5 You got lost on your way back to the base, ran into a Feral. You killed it, but took some damage in the process

[ 10 ] -8 You ran into a Horde while taking a leisurely walk. You only had one gun with you and a box cutter. You made it out alive, but the resulting fight left you broken and bloody.

[ 11 ]
    -5 You drank some water out of an open rain barrel without purifying it first. The resulting stay near the outhouse not only depletes your supply of toilet paper, but you can't go look for food today.

[ 12 ] -2 You tripped on your untied shoelaces and scraped your knee.

Prizes –

Grand Prize Winner – The person who stays alive the longest will receive an Xbox One along with a digital copy of State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition.
    grandprize.jpg
    ** Disclaimer - due to legal mumbo jumbo - we can't ship an Xbox One Outside of the US for a prize. If you live outside of the US and win this bad boy, we will put together the best gift pack we can.

Runner Up (2nd Place) – This winner will receive State of Decay SWAG (details coming soon) along with a digital copy of State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition.

(Picture incoming soon'ish)

3rd and 4th Place Winners – These winners will receive a State of Decay t-shirt along with a digital copy of State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition.

3rdand4thplace.jpg

Sorry you're Zed! – Each week, we'll draw a name from the pool of players that didn't make it. The random winner will receive a State of Decay Pinny.
    sodpinny.jpg

Keep an eye on this thread https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/last-human-standing-game-thread.47634/ .

Each day we will post the rolls and update the scores. Stock up on your canned goods and toilet paper people. It's going to be a bumpy ride!

Edited to explain the Stat changes -

HOOOOOLY HANNAH! We didn't expect so many for tea and carnage.

So today after much hand wringing and consulting with Undead Brian on how in the world we were going to do this for 300 people. (that's right. I said three hundred people) when we'd thought MAYBE we'd get 40, we've come up with a few tweaks to the system. We needed to re-balance the numbers so that we actually ended up with a winner before the end of next year. As such you'll notice that the starting health points and the damage modifiers have changed.

Everyone will now start with 20 health points.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  2. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

I'm thinking about using the sock full of quarters, I wanna use the sock full of quarters, I'm using the sock full of quarters.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  3. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

I went for the katana. I am loving that such a simple game like Stay Alive is being used for a bigger picture. Well done to Mackenzie for making this game. :)

4. ~Silver

~Silver Got Your Back

I'm using that fucking baseball bat I got in my garage.
    I mean, I don't even play baseball. Finally found a use for this thing.

5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

6. MrMonst3r

MrMonst3r Famous

Yup, I'm in. Only went for the baseball bat coz there was no cricket bat! :p

7. comegetsome

comegetsome Got Your Back

Uh oh, another contest that offers an XB1 as the reward.. GOOD LUCK you guys/girls! :D

I truly mean it. I'm curious to see how this turns out... I'll just take a seat over here and watch ;)

8. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

I wish I could get my hands on that first prize, the UK sucks!

Although if I did win and the prize was a care package of tea and crumpets....

9. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

WHAT?!?! @Undead Sanya 's tried and true weapon(weapon in video) isn't a choice?? That's not fair!! :p

10. Lukebazz91

Lukebazz91 Here To Help

I joined up thank you for doing this competion

Getting 2nd prize looks like the real 1

11. Norbert67

Norbert67 Starting Off

Signed up! Also, will I get like a confirmation email or something?

QuarantineRoad and Bob Crees like this.
  12. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

You won't get an email confirmation, but your name will go on the list located in General Discussion. :) I just haven't got you up there yet. :)

XzerothreeX likes this.
  13. Shadowfogkiller

Shadowfogkiller Here To Help

I want to enter! No one can ever match the speed of light attacks from the Pika Pika no mi fruit!
    [​IMG]

14. Norbert67

Norbert67 Starting Off

Okay. Thanks!

15. MrMonst3r

MrMonst3r Famous

I'm not sure but I think light speed fruit attacks might be against the rules? :p

XzerothreeX and QuarantineRoad like this.
  16. I think if I ran into a horde (roll 10) with a pistol and a box cutter, I'd shimmy my way up a telephone pole and wait it out. There's no way I'd fight with a box cutter...that's horror movie guaranteed death #1.

Also...signed up.

17. Shadowfogkiller

Shadowfogkiller Here To Help

Well we have to register and they only have certain weapons :oops:. My speed of light kicks should be my weapon.

18. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

No that's being the class slut. :p

XzerothreeX and e5futter like this.
  19. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

I'd have the power to throw pie at the zombies and turn them into... Pie zombies.

20. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Signed up. FYI, seems that we found the missing link. ;) (Actually "a" missing link)

Last Human Standing Entry Form
    We've got you on the team! Check [forum link] for the daily results!