Last Human Standing - YOSE Contest Announcement

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Nicole, Mar 25, 2015.

1. I'm hoping for a cosplay contest...
    I've got all the works for a Marcus cosplay now. +A Rucksack.

2. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Day One - I find myself lucky to have come across some corned beef hash & some ravioli...it's good to eat...I worry about the rest of the survivors...there must be some out there.

Day Two - I feel blessed to have found a chocolate bar. It reminds me of the times before this madness and I find myself in a moment of selfishness as I find pure bliss in a Hershey bar while there is chaos ravaging the world around me.

Day Three - Finding some food I cut my hand on the lid as I try to pry it open in a hurry. I realize that I must be more careful because there is no help around me. A sudden rush comes over me as I worry about those that I know that are being harmed and/or killed around me...I must take better care of myself and be more aware.

RIP to those that have died during in this chaotic world we find ourselves in...and safe journey to those that have be scraping by as best as they could to survive. To pass time, I shall write the names of the departed friends & colleagues that have passed in my journal so they will always be remembered and remember the times when things were...better.

Day Four - I knew it wasn't safe to drink, but I was just so thirsty. All of this running, struggling to survive and worrying of whether I am the only one left alive clouded my judgement and I drank it anyways. I've never felt such gut wrench before. I passed out due to the delirium and sickness I was feeling after drinking the contaminated water I found. I just couldn't go out today to find something to eat. I need to find someone and some food soon. I heard the screams of nearby survivors as they were made a meal of by the zeds...I just didn't have it in me to go help..instead I just cried myself to sleep as I wished any possible survivors out there a safe journey and continued to tear myself up inside for not trying to help those I heard die today.

Day Five - Heard more Zeds attacking survivors today...I feel myself hardening with resolve to survive however because my first thought was to wait until the Zeds cleared out and search the bodies of the fallen for food. All I found was a candy bar, but the short burst of energy it will give me will get me through the day. When I looked back, I could swear I saw movement among the bodies that I had just searched...I hope my worst fears and conclusions are not true...I mean, it's impossible for them to be.

Day Six - Things were going well and I was making good time in my travels today so I decided to stop for a rest. No sooner did my eyes shut and I suddenly heard the growling of the undead upon me. At first I thought it was just one and I figured I could take it down without a problem...all of the sudden I found myself confronted with a horde. I pulled out the gun I got from my fathers drawer and fired hoping it would still work. I cleared a path that was narrow enough for me to get through, but I could not help but sustain some injuries due to the claws that were coming at me from every direction. I am bruised and battered, but I am alive...right now that is all that matters. My only hope at this point is that I somehow find an enclave or even a safe place to spend a night or two so I can heal up. I know others must be alive, I only hope they are friendly enough to help a stranger such as myself that is in need of help. My hopes drift to possibly reuniting with friends that I hope are still alive...I must believe that they are. All I can do now is wish them a safe journey and pray that this nightmare soon ends.

Day Seven - I can feel the muscles in my body withering away. Gone are the days of being able to just stop at a restaurant and get a quick bite to eat, a stop at a coffee shop to get a cup of coffee to get me on with my day. Seems as though the seasons are starting to change. I noticed that a few apples I got off a withering tree were overripe...but it was food and for that I am thankful. While I didn't encounter any of the dead today, I also haven't encountered any of the living either. I feel as though I am alone. I am battered and bruised still from my encounter with the horde yesterday. I sure hope I don't have to go through that ordeal again. As the cold rain begins to drizzle down, my thoughts drift to the ones I loved. I am not sure if they are dead or alive at this point, but I still wish them a safe journey if they are alive and a peaceful journey into the afterlife if they are not.

3. Kjolly99

Kjolly99 Here To Help

Have I won yet?

4. WillieSea

WillieSea Famous

You won a place with the other zombies.

dynastyhan likes this.
  5. Kjolly99

Kjolly99 Here To Help

Damn d00d, I tamed some Zombies?!

6. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Day One - I find myself lucky to have come across some corned beef hash & some ravioli...it's good to eat...I worry about the rest of the survivors...there must be some out there.

Day Two - I feel blessed to have found a chocolate bar. It reminds me of the times before this madness and I find myself in a moment of selfishness as I find pure bliss in a Hershey bar while there is chaos ravaging the world around me.

Day Three - Finding some food I cut my hand on the lid as I try to pry it open in a hurry. I realize that I must be more careful because there is no help around me. A sudden rush comes over me as I worry about those that I know that are being harmed and/or killed around me...I must take better care of myself and be more aware.

RIP to those that have died during in this chaotic world we find ourselves in...and safe journey to those that have be scraping by as best as they could to survive. To pass time, I shall write the names of the departed friends & colleagues that have passed in my journal so they will always be remembered and remember the times when things were...better.

Day Four - I knew it wasn't safe to drink, but I was just so thirsty. All of this running, struggling to survive and worrying of whether I am the only one left alive clouded my judgement and I drank it anyways. I've never felt such gut wrench before. I passed out due to the delirium and sickness I was feeling after drinking the contaminated water I found. I just couldn't go out today to find something to eat. I need to find someone and some food soon. I heard the screams of nearby survivors as they were made a meal of by the zeds...I just didn't have it in me to go help..instead I just cried myself to sleep as I wished any possible survivors out there a safe journey and continued to tear myself up inside for not trying to help those I heard die today.

Day Five - Heard more Zeds attacking survivors today...I feel myself hardening with resolve to survive however because my first thought was to wait until the Zeds cleared out and search the bodies of the fallen for food. All I found was a candy bar, but the short burst of energy it will give me will get me through the day. When I looked back, I could swear I saw movement among the bodies that I had just searched...I hope my worst fears and conclusions are not true...I mean, it's impossible for them to be.

Day Six - Things were going well and I was making good time in my travels today so I decided to stop for a rest. No sooner did my eyes shut and I suddenly heard the growling of the undead upon me. At first I thought it was just one and I figured I could take it down without a problem...all of the sudden I found myself confronted with a horde. I pulled out the gun I got from my fathers drawer and fired hoping it would still work. I cleared a path that was narrow enough for me to get through, but I could not help but sustain some injuries due to the claws that were coming at me from every direction. I am bruised and battered, but I am alive...right now that is all that matters. My only hope at this point is that I somehow find an enclave or even a safe place to spend a night or two so I can heal up. I know others must be alive, I only hope they are friendly enough to help a stranger such as myself that is in need of help. My hopes drift to possibly reuniting with friends that I hope are still alive...I must believe that they are. All I can do now is wish them a safe journey and pray that this nightmare soon ends.

Day Seven - I can feel the muscles in my body withering away. Gone are the days of being able to just stop at a restaurant and get a quick bite to eat, a stop at a coffee shop to get a cup of coffee to get me on with my day. Seems as though the seasons are starting to change. I noticed that a few apples I got off a withering tree were overripe...but it was food and for that I am thankful. While I didn't encounter any of the dead today, I also haven't encountered any of the living either. I feel as though I am alone. I am battered and bruised still from my encounter with the horde yesterday. I sure hope I don't have to go through that ordeal again. As the cold rain begins to drizzle down, my thoughts drift to the ones I loved. I am not sure if they are dead or alive at this point, but I still wish them a safe journey if they are alive and a peaceful journey into the afterlife if they are not.

Day Eight - I don't know whether to be happy or what today. I came across a survivor today. They had caught me by surprise and at gunpoint so I had no choice but to surrender my gun to them. I didn't know what to think, except that this was possibly my last moment alive. He was an eccentric person and I found it hard to understand what he was talking about...until I heard the words "They can offer you food, shelter & safety for the night". I didn't know if this was a trick, the truth or if my own mind was finding its way to push me forward. We approach a building that looks like at one time was a bed & breakfast. I can still see what is left of a sign that is broke in half and must have been what welcomed many guests as they drove up from the city to spend a weekend together in the country. I am told that I am welcomed to stay the night to get some food & fresh supplies, but that I must go in the morning. I am also told that there have been others that have come & gone through this place. I don't know what to think of it really because a part of me doesn't want to leave, but I understand that they are being generous to share what must be sparse supplies as it is. I am told that I will be given my weapon back in the morning when I leave, but for their own security, I must remand it to their custody for the time being.

I don't sleep at all that night and am awake as the sun rises. I clinch the pillow I had been given because I know I must soon go. I am disappointed that I am leaving, because I want safety and security, but at least I know there are others out there not only in places like this where help is being offered, but there are also others out there like me, trying to survive. I am given my weapon back and directed to the north where I am told there are rumors of a military camp about 60 miles north that is taking on survivors as long as they are willing to join the fight. While they haven't seen anything that points to it being true, I feel that it's really my only option at this point. While I don't know if I will make it, I know others are out there with me...maybe one day we will come across one another. The wind is blowing colder it seems. Knowing that there are others like me out there trying to survive, I think to myself and say, safe journey.

Bob Crees and Undead Nicole like this.
  7. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Day Eight - I don't know whether to be happy or what today. I came across a survivor today. They had caught me by surprise and at gunpoint so I had no choice but to surrender my gun to them. I didn't know what to think, except that this was possibly my last moment alive. He was an eccentric person and I found it hard to understand what he was talking about...until I heard the words "They can offer you food, shelter & safety for the night". I didn't know if this was a trick, the truth or if my own mind was finding its way to push me forward. We approach a building that looks like at one time was a bed & breakfast. I can still see what is left of a sign that is broke in half and must have been what welcomed many guests as they drove up from the city to spend a weekend together in the country. I am told that I am welcomed to stay the night to get some food & fresh supplies, but that I must go in the morning. I am also told that there have been others that have come & gone through this place. I don't know what to think of it really because a part of me doesn't want to leave, but I understand that they are being generous to share what must be sparse supplies as it is. I am told that I will be given my weapon back in the morning when I leave, but for their own security, I must remand it to their custody for the time being.

I don't sleep at all that night and am awake as the sun rises. I clinch the pillow I had been given because I know I must soon go. I am disappointed that I am leaving, because I want safety and security, but at least I know there are others out there not only in places like this where help is being offered, but there are also others out there like me, trying to survive. I am given my weapon back and directed to the north where I am told there are rumors of a military camp about 60 miles north that is taking on survivors as long as they are willing to join the fight. While they haven't seen anything that points to it being true, I feel that it's really my only option at this point. While I don't know if I will make it, I know others are out there with me...maybe one day we will come across one another. The wind is blowing colder it seems. Knowing that there are others like me out there trying to survive, I think to myself and say, safe journey.

Day Nine - The chill in the air is really starting to get to me. I find it hard to sleep at night and to make good time during the day. Stopped early today, my legs feel like rubber. I don't think I'm ever going to make it to wherever I'm going, if it even exists. Came across a backpack today...it was covered in blood. They say you have no idea what you'll eat when your hungry..but after today I have a good idea. All I could find in the backpack was a candybar...problem is, it was also soaked in the same blood of whomever owned the backpack. I used my sleeve to clean as best I could....closed my eyes and ate it. I desperately tried to put out of mind that it had been in blood, and just concentrated on the sweetness of the chocolate. Things have to get better or else I'm simply not going to make it. I'm either going to die out here, or lose my mind completely just trying to survive. One way or another, something has to give. I now find myself having random conversations with people that aren't there. Was the enclave from yesterday all a dream or a hallucination? I see the names and faces of the friends I used to have. As I walk along I talk with them and ask them how they are doing one moment, and watch them disappear the next. No one is out here. I am alone and afraid. I say safe journey to my friends, even though at this point they are only in my mind as they walk beside me and disappear.

Bob Crees, Capt.C.Baker and WillieSea like this.
  8. AblativMeatshld

AblativMeatshld Here To Help

I died on Day 3. Don't you start. :)

ThatChristmaskid likes this.
  9. Kjolly99

Kjolly99 Here To Help

To be honest, I have no clue what is going on.
    I think I died? I can't find the thread I am suppose to watch =/

10. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Yeah you're Zed. :)

11. Kjolly99

Kjolly99 Here To Help

This game is rigged.
    I am Irish, we cannot loose at these kinds of games, rigged I say, RIGGED!

12. Undead Nicole

o_O

13. AblativMeatshld

I'm a paranoid gun nut. How the heck did *I* lose? o_O

14. Undead Nicole

The RNG deities were not with you on this one man. :( Here have some bracing alcoholic beverage of your choice.

15. AblativMeatshld

Are you trying to get me drunk?

16. Undead Nicole

o_O Maybe?

AblativMeatshld likes this.
  17. Kjolly99

Kjolly99 Here To Help

Hold on.
    Give me a day and I will come up with the most convoluted, completely mad and nonsensical conspiracy theory ever devised by a non-intoxicated man.

18. WillieSea

WillieSea Famous

19. AblativMeatshld

We're sorry. We promise to not make any more jokes you don't approve of ever again.

20. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Day Nine - The chill in the air is really starting to get to me. I find it hard to sleep at night and to make good time during the day. Stopped early today, my legs feel like rubber. I don't think I'm ever going to make it to wherever I'm going, if it even exists. Came across a backpack today...it was covered in blood. They say you have no idea what you'll eat when your hungry..but after today I have a good idea. All I could find in the backpack was a candybar...problem is, it was also soaked in the same blood of whomever owned the backpack. I used my sleeve to clean as best I could....closed my eyes and ate it. I desperately tried to put out of mind that it had been in blood, and just concentrated on the sweetness of the chocolate. Things have to get better or else I'm simply not going to make it. I'm either going to die out here, or lose my mind completely just trying to survive. One way or another, something has to give. I now find myself having random conversations with people that aren't there. Was the enclave from yesterday all a dream or a hallucination? I see the names and faces of the friends I used to have. As I walk along I talk with them and ask them how they are doing one moment, and watch them disappear the next. No one is out here. I am alone and afraid. I say safe journey to my friends, even though at this point they are only in my mind as they walk beside me and disappear.

Day Ten - I am in such pain. I can't believe how careless I was. Came across a poor soul today that was dead...or so I thought. As I was trying to unstrap the backpack from around the mangled body, I suddenly felt a searing pain swarm through my calf...Quickly I stumbled backwards and fell on my back, quickly drawing down with my gun on the source. All I could feel was burning pain & warm blood filling my shoe. I must have passed out due to the pain, the fear...or both. I came to after I don't know how long and saw it...My bullet found its target, the head of the undead. I quickly forgot about whatever it was I was looking for and dragged myself to the side of the road to try and gather my strength and look at the wound and bandage it with some makeshift bandages made from clothes that the people from the enclave gave me before I left. Exhausted, I passed out once again. I feel cold, colder than I ever have before. I hope I can find someone to give me some help....Who am I kidding, I can't even walk right now because of the pain. I hope someone finds me. I don't know if they can help me, but I don't want to die alone..I don't want to die afraid...I don't want to die.