Library Resarch benefits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TyrANBU, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Would appreciate some help on the library research benefits. After completing a research project, do I need to keep the library as a facility in my lot to retain the research benefits or are the research benefits permanent? In other words, if I researched box mines at the library and later razed the library to make way for a garden, can I continue to produce box mines? I assume that the answer is yes but wanted to make sure before making these changes.

I know that the library as a facility brings certain benefits such as improved wits training and occasionally having the option of letting in outsiders for ammo but for the purposes of long term sustainability, I think having a garden would be a bit better.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Monkfish

Monkfish Starting Off

I think you can still make the box mines (but I could be wrong) - you will lose the ability to make homemade painkillers if you ditch the library though.

3. Shadowfogkiller

Shadowfogkiller Here To Help

Yes, you can still make the mines. :p

4. Faryn

Faryn Starting Off

The mines and the pipe bombs stay available without a library (and can be crafted in both machine and munition shops). The Chemical incendiary however is not far as I remember

5. Shadowfogkiller

I think you need the medical facility to be able to craft them if I'm not mistaken.

6. Faryn

Faryn Starting Off

True, but when I remove the library, I cant make them anymore ...

7. Shadowfogkiller

:confused: Hmmm it would be weird that one craft needed three facilities to be able to make them.

8. Faryn

Faryn Starting Off

I think it needs the munition shop for the research, yet the medical facility for production ... I can tell you tomorrow for sure, just not at point in my current playthrough ;)

9. Shadowfogkiller

How did i forget it needed the munitions shop. I'm an idiot, yes you need the medical facility and the munition shop to craft them you after you research the chemical incendiaries at the library.