Lifeline Design Article #2 (Duty Roster) - 3/18/14

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Huh..I'll have to give that a try. On a good day I have about 250 influence haha so having an ally or two just never happens.

But you're saying that if I've got the influence to burn that I can ask more than one friend to go with me? Did not know that.

Still, what happens once you start a mission? Does your ally (allies) cut out on you and RTB via the most hazardous route possible? Or do they stay for the mission too?

TenaciousMarine likes this.
  2. Blackoutlantern

Blackoutlantern Got Your Back

It is easier to go it alone sometimes, but yeah; the buddy system will most likely need to be enforced, especially when planning on using cannon fodd... I mean, aiding each other if attempting to enter the red zones.

3. Blackoutlantern

You start out with Marcus, Maya and Ed on the original; granted that's just the start of the game, but it suggested you could take one more with you. Plus there's a couple of missions where you team up with more than one other. Again, story and not the best example; but still suggesting that you could ally with more than one.

4. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Oh sure as part of the story no problem. But to say just go out looting, could Marcus ask Maya, Ed, Sam and Jacob to go with him assuming enough influence ( like 400), all friends, no injuries, tired or sick?

I know it seems like a noob question but I've never used this feature. I like it and knew the day would come when it would be needed and looks like in early June it's going to be needed. Haha.

But it's no biggie. I just remember problems with the ally bolting on you once you started a mission. Could be bad in lifeline if that's the case.

I was planning on giving the buddy system a try this evening but these things tend to go awry. You know them zeds. They are so inconsiderate when it comes to science projects. haha.

Blackoutlantern likes this.
  5. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

No, only one person can come with you for 100 influence.

6. niftyeye

niftyeye Got Your Back

But the Military doesn't really work in a 'lone wolf' style, especially if its a zombie outbreak and they are very short on numbers, hopefully you will be able to take a couple of squad mates with you at least.

If thats not the case, there are always mods to fall back on.

7. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Actually, UL said in the stream that it costs less Influence to take a soldier with you. :)

[changed because it sounded rude.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  8. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

I thought he meant to the original game.

9. gish

gish Got Your Back

Wait so soldiers are worth less then people?? So are they less human?? Hmmmm

10. Rusty

Rusty Got Your Back

[​IMG]

Yep, I'm still around! :D

11. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Sorry if I came off a bit rude. ._.

12. Blackoutlantern

Yeah he did.

13. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Sorry for the confusion all.

I'm looking forward to playing Lifeline with an ally in tow. I'm thinking Kilo and Vince will be my search and rescue team that go out into the shit and bring home the bacon. Not Kevin Bacon but these VIP's that the brass wants extracted.

Anyway, never used this new feature of having an ally go with you into the ZA. Done plenty of the missions where you get a free ally (anger, sadness, cbt. training, etc.) but not one where you ask a friend to go with you for 100 influence to watch your back.

Maybe next Tuesday's twitch video will cover this topic. Especially what happens if you have a friend with you watching your back and you then start a mission.

14. TenaciousMarine

TenaciousMarine Got Your Back

Not exactly Sanya's justification for this was Chain of Command. Soldiers have to follow orders.

Blackthorne and e5futter like this.
  15. DeadlyTowersSux

DeadlyTowersSux Starting Off

Can't wait for this; especially liking the look of Sasquatch. Love that big lumberjack beard of his!

16. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

17. Blackoutlantern

If you haven't already cracked on with it mate, your allies stick with you through everything but HQ defense.

18. Influence now reduced to around 50 now

19. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Got it! I never leave home without a wingman and for only 20 influence....cheap!

However, there are some issues with the buddy system that I never encountered before because I never used it in the original recipe game. It takes a while to load up 4 characters into the truck. I did the mission where you rescue Dr. Horn's ex-wife and we were there past sundown just trying to get everyone loaded up.

They bump into one another or just stand around a lot. I try and move the truck but I'm too worried that one or more of them will interpret this as reckless driving. Anyway, after fighting off waves of zeds and trying about three times...maybe it was 4 we were underway. Whew...kind of frustrating but you know...safety first.

To add insult to injury, I had Vince with me and he was a "dead stick". This I remember vividly from the original recipe, survivors that do nothing to help kill zeds or even defend themselves they just get in the way. Good thing I was playing as Kilo. A good NCO is ready for any contingency!

20. Having the same problem with allies also.
    Still loving the intense game play and it has me 100% tuned on to level 3 alerts now.Really enjoy the base besieged and music score has me pumped.