Mass Effect Andromeda - News, DLC/Updates, Discussions, Groups, Help, etc.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Cejao, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Cejao

Cejao Famous

You are entitled to your opinion.

My opinion is that too many people want a good story mode.
    (I would say try Squadron 42 [the single player campaign] that is supposed to be coming out later this year for Star Citizen. It looks to be way more realism driven, and you can obtain it standalone separate from the regular Star Citizen experience)

(bear in mind, this video is 4 years old, [there are newer ones] so don't judge harshly the graphics you see, final release still being worked on and slated for this year, last time I checked.)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017 at 10:04 AM
    Bob Crees likes this.
  2. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

I was obliquely referring to the fact Bioware was once considered one of the premiere storytellers in gaming. That someone would look at a Bioware game, one that's part of a franchise that began as a story driven single-player action/RPG, and claim the muliplayer aspect to be the better/most interesting part and wright off the story, is sad.

It's not meant as a judgement on you or your taste. Hell, the muliplayer might be brilliant and lots of fun but that's not really the point. Imagine if over the next ten years Dice transformed Battlefield into a purely single-player narrative driven experience where muliplayer was an afterthought at best. Hell, even if it turns out the new Battlefield is amazing the older fans are going to feel confused, sad and betrayed and they would have a right to those feelings.

rebel36, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Cejao

Cejao Famous

the point is Ham, that the bitterness of the ME3 ending, and the way Electronic Arts does with games and story modes, I have a strong feeling they will put their focus on the multiplayer.
    Mass Effect quit having the elements I liked after the first one, even though I did do multiple trilogy-playthroughs and own every shred of DLC for all three games.
    I'm not saying I'm not going to play the story, (I will likely do a narrative easy mode) but I at least wont be disappointed by the multiplayer as it looks alot like ME3's multiplayer, only now we have a jetpack :)

rebel36, Bob Crees and Righteous Ham like this.
  4. Righteous Ham

OK @Cejao I see where you're coming from now. Too deeply disappointed to care about the story but wanting to wring some entertainment out of the property. That's cool, and good on you for being able to do so. I also only really loved the first game and haven't been invested in the series for years. Have your fun, man. :)

Cejao, rebel36 and Bob Crees like this.
  5. New impressions from others are pretty mixed on the story...with a variety saying "after 5 hours, the story gets much better!", which is a sad thing on its own because I would expect only the serious fans of the previous stories would put enough time in to reach the 5+ hours mark. The studio that made Andromeda is new; their first full game in fact as previously they were created only to do ME3's multiplayer. That gives them some wiggle room (in my eyes) for having a shaky go with the story start. Writers tend to do extremely well on their introduction or get it "meh" and fill in the middle/end with far more love because it's where they wanted to start writing anyway.

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  6. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

Well this basically describes my relationship with Bioware after a couple of disappointments (DA II, ME3, Jade Empire, etc...), and of course the one universe than inspires the meme which it the one that hurts most...

[​IMG]

so I take any new game from them with no hype...

Cejao likes this.
  7. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

This one looks pretty good. Look up MKiceandfire, he's done a few trial gameplay videos.

8. Kjolly99

Kjolly99 Here To Help

Cejao likes this.
  9. MstrJedi Kyle

MstrJedi Kyle Here To Help

Played the multiplayer yesterday, it's pretty damn fun. Much harder than the ME3MP felt, but that might just be because I'm adjusting to new controls, enemies, weapons, and mobility.

Cejao likes this.
  10. Righteous Ham

I've not played the game but have watched several clips beyond the premonition material and two things stand out prominently.
    1. The animations, especially those of the face, are trash fire quality.
    2. A lot of the voice work appears poorly directed.
    Briefly expanding on the voice work: it seems that the actors are simply reading the script divorced from the context of their lines. Which comes across quite jarring at times.

Cejao likes this.
  11. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Hope to see you all soon in multiplayer in a few days. :)

DeadK9Handler likes this.
  12. Righteous Ham

Mechanically the game is the best its ever been. The shooting is probably a lot of fun.

Cejao likes this.
  13. MstrJedi Kyle

MstrJedi Kyle Here To Help

Less than 10 hours!!!

Bob Crees, DeadK9Handler and Cejao like this.
  14. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I'll have mine in 4 hours. GameStop is having an early release tonight :)

Bob Crees and DeadK9Handler like this.
  15. Shadowfogkiller

Shadowfogkiller Here To Help

Lawl since I live in the future im about to get my copy! MWHAHAHA

Bob Crees, DeadK9Handler and Cejao like this.
  16. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I already got mine, GameStop early release.
    I'm installing it now, 42.2gb install.
    reading through my collectors edition guide on multiplayer maps and weapons to give me an edge in combat :)

According to the guides pre-story, the andromeda initiative launches two years after mass effect 1 and arrives in the andromeda galaxy 600 later after mass effect 3 has happened. :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 7:58 PM
    Bob Crees and DeadK9Handler like this.
  17. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

So i'm a little late to the party. What do you all think? Is it gonna be worth a buy? I'd love to get involved in the mass effect world again, but I also don't feel like a plate of disappointment : (

Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  18. Cejao

Cejao Famous

if you haven't watched the videos and read the info on page 1 yet, go do it.
    so far, it was money well spent, multiplayer is fun fun

Edit - I dropped an hour into story to see what's up, but saved my game after I got to nexus and jumped into multiplayer after that.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 8:37 AM
    Bob Crees likes this.
  19. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Haven't gotten to multiplayer yet, only heard good things about it. Story is interesting enough so far, gameplay is an adjustment, but I'm getting the hang of it. I have to say though, the faces and voices are largely terrible. I am not far into the game, but I'm getting the feeling that they threw the artists out the airlock in favor of more content, because it looks... kinda shitty. That being said, there seems to be a ton of options in how to play, so gameplay-wise it seems to be doing pretty well (once I get a grasp on what the hell is going on with the millions of menus and such), and the writing actually seems to be pretty strong in spite of the weird art and narration choices.

So far, doesn't feel like a Mass Effect game at all. I can't really give more detailed criticism than that until I'm further into the game (bout 4 hours in), but it doesn't even feel like the same universe. Feels more like an adopted nephew than a direct descendant. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be bad, it's just unfamiliar. Time will tell if it can recapture the same spirit that made the originals so amazing.

20. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

Consider it a soft reboot.