Microsoft's announcement (6/17/2013)

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jun 17, 2013.

1. I always enjoy seeing them do interviews. You guys deserve the credit. State of Decay is a very wonderful game.

2. Fleshblight

Fleshblight Banned

Congrats, Undead Labs!

A hydra's head question for Sanya -- When will more precise details re: "sandbox" mode be announced? Will one of the features of sandbox mode be that it will permit us to explore the world at a more leisurely pace? More specifically, sans the omnipresent time-ax hanging over our heads? Will sandbox allow for us to build a single character up, rather than constantly switching between our assemblage of survivors?

I'm new to the whole so-called "simulation" gaming experience. So, more broadly, if anyone here can articulate the fundamental differences of the "simulation/sandbox" dichotomy, I sure would appreciate it.

Gratz, again!

FB

3. All I can say is congrats and it is well deserved. I had waited for this game for a while and bought it on launch. I have been pleasantly surprised by the lack of bugs, and just how fun an arcade game is. You have all earned a customer for life.

4. Goes without saying that the UL-people could give a more elaborate answer on what "sandbox" and "simulation" means in the context of their game. I guess we will see when we get our hands on the sandbox mode. Anyway, in my eyes, the ideas are not essentially a dichotomy as they are not mutually exclusive, rather intertwined actually (depends on what you lay into the terms, though). "Sandbox" basically means you are free to explore the world at your own disposal, i.e. without story missions or a definite ending pointing the way. The "simulation" aspect, in regard to SoD, is to my knowledge altering what has happened while you were away, based on in what state you left your community. As such, the "simulation" might affect the "sandbox".

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  5. ^ this ^ this ^ this ^

6. Holy shit in a handbasket I love this game. Keep doing your thing UL, it's obviously working.

7. Congrats! Cant wait till sandbox.

8. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

You might not see this, but I have a few options for the sandbox mode.

1. Zombie speeds (shamblers(Idle walkers for when they don't see you), slow, sprinters)
    2. Length of Day (1 hour, 2 hours, 5 hours, real-time)
    3. Zombie Eyesight (Weak, normal, strong)
    4. Zombie hearing (same as eyesight)
    5. Zombie population density (little to none, sh*t load)
    6. Loot Rarity (low, medium, high)
    7. Zombie strength (weak, normal, superhuman)
    8. Special Zeds option (on-off)
    9. Time at which it begins (9 am, 9 pm)
    10. Memory (easily lose them, can't shake 'em)
    11. Car fuel (on-off)

Just a couple of suggestions (a bit dumb IMO). It would be extremely fun how you'd have to run from tons of sprinters with little to no loot around.

Also (I'm kind of shy when asking for requests), do you think you could add generators so we could be able to power a base? I'm not exactly sure if it's in the game, but I haven't seen one so far. I don't want to sound demanding. Again, I'm kind of shy.

Also, congratulations on the sales. I'm most likely certain it will reach 1,000,000 before the end of this month. :D Again, congratulations on the sales, and giving us a great game.

tl;dr

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  9. Just wanted to drop a note to say I'll be absolutely thrilled to play this when it comes to PC as my xbox died a while ago and there's no way I'm buying another. Really looking forward to it getting into SoD. Any idea when that might be? Thanks for all your hard work.

10. Character customization !! Game is awesome btw

11. Awesome job :)

12. Awesome job! This game is so addictive. Sandbox mode sounds great.

I'm still hoping for Co-op. There has been a sad lack of fun co-op games recently.

And some of my friends could use a little "help" surviving ;^)

13. this is all very good stuff. iv played the trial game at least twenty times when is state of decay coming out to australia?

14. When the hell is it being released in Australia? I'm just about to say fuck it! And forget all about SOD for never turning up on time ^.^

15. Undead Jeff

Undead Jeff Developer Staff Member

I understand. I'd feel the same way.

All I can tell you is that it's up the ACB at this point. We poke MS about it every day, and they in turn prod the ACB every day. We hate that you can't play SoD as much as you do.

If we lose you over this, I hope you'll give us a shot to earn you back with our next game.

Jeff

16. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

Just curious about the "ACB" issue, as this was posted in another thread:
    From the ACB site:
    A classification decision will be made within 20 working days after the application has been recommended to the Board

"I also noticed this:
    If you have paid for Priority Processing, you should receive your decision within 5 working days.

and this:
    If you want to speed up the processing time, you can pay an extra $420 for Priority Processing.

...I'm guessing the "Priority Processing" option wasn't chosen?

17. It might also just be that it was chosen, but that the review board found material which they considered questionable and thus had to delay approval until more information was given to them. [The whole thing with the usage and context of drugs in the game, which some states are really sensitive about.]

18. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

Possible, but I suspect the "normal" processing time/option was chosen, (which is understandable of course), but even their "standard" decisions can take up to 20 business days - (and that's without them asking for more video footage etc), so I'm also curious when SoD was actually submitted? Might be something for UL to keep in mind for future game releases, especially in regard to the ACB etc...

19. Glad to be a contributor to that figure!

20. Mrs.Sanya,I can tell you what all of us fans want:A co-op mode of 4 people.