Microsoft's announcement (6/17/2013)

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jun 17, 2013.

1. is it possible to have a multiplier mode for State of Decay/?? that would be really nice:confused:

2. Lord Jallace

Lord Jallace Starting Off

and a customizable character to represent ourselves =]

3. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

More than likely not happening for SoD. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. You'll more than likely get that in Class4.

4. Wimpy Cactus

Wimpy Cactus Starting Off

Awesome! It deserves it this game is so amazing!

5. Lord Jallace

Lord Jallace Starting Off

well in that case i'd love to see class 4 =] and hopefully clothing store looting to change our character's outfits =]

6. Did I seriously just read "sandbox" and "State of Decay" on an update.

Can....NOT.....wait! Awesome stuff guys.

7. Vers

Vers Here To Help

Congrats! I love UL's approach to this game. You simply did a fantastic job and should be proud of yourselves. I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us! It's nice to see you are keeping us in the loop as much as you can. It's important to us :)

*cough* co-op *cough*

8. Rusty

Rusty Got Your Back

Well done SoD! I never doubted for a second that this game would become a blockbuster.

Also, I am so glad that Microsoft decided to stop charging developers to patch Xbox Live Arcade games. I am sure the devs are super pumped about this as well. This is great for SoD.

Keep on rocking, State Of Decay!!

9. I searched around the forum and didn't find any mention of it, so I figured I would ask...

Do you have plans to get certified to deploy SoD on Xbox One?

Or even a rebooted version taking advantage of the additional storage, streaming living AI (to complement the existing timestamp event management that exists), and other various features? I know UL is all about the Xbox, so I figured I would toss this out there... Thanks! :)

By the way, I would absolutely pay full price again to have this game relaunched on Xbox One, and to support UL. You all do amazing work!

10. Survivor11

Survivor11 Starting Off

Amazing milestone guys! *clap* The game is also amazing :D

11. Just beat the game and I must say... I HATE THEM FERAL'S! lol naw but great game, I hope this game was just to get players use to the playing style. because the overlook of the big city at the end just set the game up for an epic return!

12. I dont know if any one else wants this but i realy want to play online and slauter some undead bastereds by my friends side i think it pass up any other online zombie game by far it would be realy cool to run down zombies while my friend distracts them or search a house without worry because my friend is keeping lookout whos with me? maybe if we all ask nicely the good people at undead labs will honer our requist:confused:

13. bashprompt

bashprompt Starting Off

You jipped us an MMO/CO-OP, please HTFU with Sandbox!

In Australia we were pretty pissed when they banned State of Decay. After a bit of toing and froing and given that I have more followers on social media than even our former Prime Minister (our version of a President for those who fell asleep in primary school in the US!) primarily from reviewing games and alpha/beta testing new titles I managed to get my hands on a copy. A US copy too. Having tested plenty of games for Microsoft and given a lot of reviews that generated more income than most of their employees directly ever could I figured they owed me a favor at least anyway!

That was where my excitement ended. There are so many unpolished idiot errors with this game that are SO avoidable, and so easily fixed! I fear that Undead Labs made grievous errors with whatever segment of the gaming community they consulted with; had they have consulted with any of us pseudo-celebrity zombie apocalypse fanatics who borderline on having mental problems for considering zompocalypse preparedness IRL being perfectly acceptable they would have avoided many if not all of these bugs.

I also fear they may have released a month or two too early. Hopefully they will get a big title update finished for Christmas to make the big bucks; but the bottom line is if there isn't an MMO/CO-OP coming out soon they're going to lose the momentum of fan love, especially with Day Z stand alone being on the horizon there's a very good chance that State of Decay will be figuratively (and financially) ruined by that release as Day Z stand alone is shaping up to be a mad OTT rendering of what State is.

Sandbox is essential. This was pegged as an 'open world mmo sandbox' to begin with, which is the only reason I even bought the game. So atm from where I stand they've done what The War Z did with bait and switch marketing, which has left me feeling pretty betrayed, and extremely aggravated that fans--instead of being honest about this--are being typical fanboy sycophants foaming at the mouth in excitement that they've been given a broken toy because us zombie fans are, for all intents and purposes, deprived children who never get any toys broken or not.

Sadly I am one of those abused children who realises you've handed us a broken dolls head after promising us a remote controlled car. And I'd really like to see that remote controlled car. Perhaps you could give us the controller to hold onto while we wait and fix the mission speed requirements and make it more RPGish? The entire internet is ablaze with ways to try and turn this from a four or five hour really short game into something you can play and talk about with your mates (given you've made a heinous error of judgment and we can't play with our mates) so this should be your priority. Not fixing bugs even, know why? Because by the time you've fixed those bugs EVERYONE who has bought the game will have played it six times already (we already have) and put it back on our shelf waiting for the next REAL zompocalypse MMORPG title to come out that isn't a jip.

We've been given so much prickteasing from developers over the years of ZMMORPG's and then handed rubbish. The War Z left us with a foul taste, so I think many gamers are now more cynical and skeptical of promises made by game companies. So please, get onto sandbox, so at LEAST you have a few thousand players still playing the game when you release any other patches, because we really are done playing it already so fixing the woefully inane bugs (clipping, headlights being three foot above where they should be, utes/trucks being redundant as we can't put anything in the back of them (a stupid mistake I literally want to kick any SOD dev in the nuts for I ever see IRL) amongst others) or you face squandering the potential of this game.

I hate to sound like a negative nancy, but I have been lied to and led down the garden path by developers like all other gamers and have run out of good will for 'cool story bro' promises. Sandbox > bug fixes > PC version (made so it's moddable as possible so we can fix all the other crappy bugs, like removing the glow in the dark zombie eyes (my personal pet peeve) and turn it into something epic like all games once handed to the gaming modder community!) > case 4. And if Case 4 isn't an ZMMORPG and isn't released in 2014 to ride on the tail of Day Z you can kiss your company goodbye and may as well give up on the whole zombie thing and move onto lame action games because the time to strike is while the iron is hot and that won't last forever.

I hope this has given you guys something to think about, rather than the usual sycophancy of 'KOOL GAME GUISE' maybe a little feedback will help. Feel free to add me on Twitter and tell me how wrong and stupid I am, an open invite to the gamers too, abuse all you like; @bashpr0mpt is moi. But here's hoping you follow the above suggestions and don't screw this up, because we've all been waiting a lot longer than you have been making games (or in some cases longer than you have been alive) for the ultimate ZMMORPG that is SO FSCKING EASY to make precisely as the community wants but for some reason gaming companies just constantly get sidetracked with stupid things and fail miserably ... Dead Island, anyone? The Final Fantasy weapons upgrade system just wrecked that stuff so hard. Although allegedly Dead World is coming and will be an MMO, something State of Decay REALLY needs to also consider a serious threat to their livelihood should they take any longer releasing sandbox and then a multi-player / mmo / co-op / minecraft server type setup!

Much love,

BaSH PR0MPT
    (http://twitter.com/bashpr0mpt tell me how wrong I am and how much I suck, add me and I'll follow back.)

14. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Bash, you are clearly new to the entire forum and possibly to our Twitter stream if you think all we get is "cool game." Please lurk for a few days to get the feel of how things go and flow before posting again. (Also, please post in the proper sections.)

15. NeoXCS

NeoXCS Got Your Back

I'm pretty sure this is just an attempt to get people to follow you on twitter. Also its "Class 4" not "Case 4". The game only takes a few hours if you rush right through it trying to avoid the survival aspects by speeding. The game is barely a gyp at 15 - 20 hours for one play through at about $1 per hour. I've paid $60 for a 4 - 6 hour game. The game has some bugs but it is overall a fun sandbox already. The sandbox mode just adds a more infinite sandbox with an increasing difficulty. This isn't attempting to compete with Day Z and is already a huge success and has a rabid fanbase. I'm sure an MMO of this style, which is nothing like Day Z, would be extremely successful. :)

Edit: Sanya beat me to it. :p

16. DCHaxer

DCHaxer Starting Off

Nice one sanya, you and UDL did a crackin job of making this game, glad to see sandbox mode, im gonna buy some sweat bands cuz i m going ham when it comes out

Also, on the odd time my cars skin disapears and turns a navy blue, im not bothered but is it because the xbox cant handle its awesomness?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  17. What I consider those times to be are just texture rebakes/refreshes when the virtual visual memory cache gets cleared out, if that makes sense. Like if you were to drive to the other side of the map and then drive back to your base and not go back to the other side of the map for awhile... the game doesn't need to keep that stuff stored because it could effect graphics quality and other stuff like that, so it clears that stuff out so that the game can run better.

Anyway, that's just my take on it. I may be way off the mark, but it seems logical based off of my experiences with texture rebakes/refreshes such as that.

18. good job and congrats. Great game from a great team

19. STONEDSTONER

STONEDSTONER Starting Off

Trials is still better

20. well this guy doesnt think too highly of himself does he now lol
    all I can say is speak for yourself and your opinion is just that.. yours.
    and I dont need twitter to tell you your a twatter I can do that right here... oh wait... I just did.