[Mod]C3 - Visual SOD Configurator

Discussion in 'PC Mods' started by chikawowwow, Feb 11, 2017.

1. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

Chikawowwow's Cerberus Configurator
    *Quick note, links are displayed as Blue & Underlined

Latest Update (v2.0.2):
    Fixed: (pretty sure this time) issues with game directory. If problems persist open Save Location & delete config.sav then restart the editor.
    Added: Two new options. 1) Needing to press enter to Set a value can be toggled off. 2) Value Validation (trying to think of a better name), values changed can be standardised against the file ie. you can't type letters into number fields or type '10' if '1' or '0' only are allowed. Includes precision for numbers.
    Added: Fields will now change colour when altered. Green= Value accepted, Red= Value is in box but has not been confirmed (you need to press enter in the box or toggle the option), Orange= Error detected in value (if you have the new Value Validation on).
    Changed: Home Site Limit table to reflect some tweaks made in line finding & position.
    Fixed: Some issues with left over data being wrongly assigned.
    Fixed: Editor should now work with files containing '© 2013 Undead Labs LLC. All Rights Reserved.’ although when saved the invalid characters will show as ?. If you have modded files you need to rebuild the files each time, different values are fine but extra lines will cause issues.
    Not yet functional: Ability to read and alter Items.xml (all Ammo, Backpacks, Consumables & some weapon stats like name & durability).

Update (v2.0):
    (Please also check 'What Do I Need To Know' both new & old users).

Changed code entirely: Editor now uses csv (excel) tables to read game files. These are customisable but please wait for documentation on them.
    Now handles Firearms: You can now change values relating to ALL firearms.
    New Interface: Game file data is displayed with the same widgets as before, everything else has changed.
    New Build interface: Files can be toggled on/off and can be compiled for Story, Breakdown & Lifeline optionally or all at once.
    Automatically compiles game files: The Editor will now use cmd to auto compile files into .win.bmd (so the game can read them).
    Full mod compatibility: Completely compatible with any mod that includes source files. *Will require rebuild in Editor.
    Auto source: Will now automatically move source files into your SOD directory.
    Auto Copyright: Automatically adds string requested by the dev's to the top of each source file edited. (Has no bearing on actually using files in game).
    Functions: Adds editable functions the same as the options in Chikawowwow's Breakdown Tweak Overhaul to save time or for people who prefer pre-defined options.
    Smaller Download: Reduced file size by about 190mb, with more features.
    Latest Update (v2.0.1):
    Bugfix release only. Only needed for those whose game directory was not being acquired. You no longer need to press Enter/Return for the directory to be accepted.

Nexus Download Link:C3 Download

What it does:
    Provides an interface to change values either individually or en masse. It will work with most modded files.

Current Functions (Shown In Old Editor):
    Main Buttons
    Setting Values
    Set All
    Multiplying
    Ticking Uses
    Building Files

*What do I need to know!?:

**There will be bugs! Back up your files**
    When first using the Editor the window may be really large with the title bar off screen. Alt+F4 it then restart.
    If you already have modded files you need to rebuild the editor files through the Parsing Screen (last page).

1): Software is provided as is, myself nor Epic Games are liable for any issues. (It edits text I doubt your PC will explode but legals).
    2): If your Antivirus blocks the Editor accessing Windows Explorer you will need to move and compile files manually.
    3): When you have AutoXml2Bmd enabled do not skip the timer in the cmd interface.
    4): Mods containing the string " '© 2013 Undead Labs LLC. All Rights Reserved.’" may end up losing data upon saving. Replace that string with "Copyright 2013 Undead Labs LLC. All Rights Reserved." - Confirmed OK by Undead Labs Devs. All the invalid characters cause problems.
    5): As of version2.0 the editor does little in the way of error checking, stuff like making sure letters are not going where numbers should be. Obviously the intention is for this to be improved.
    6): For Firearms files to be saved you must tick the blue box on the heading. Don't try to save all at once, just do one category at a time.
    7): It's built in Unreal Engine so stealing code is a bad idea.
    8): DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM ANY OTHER SITE. FOR SAFETY.

Installation:
    Unzip anywhere. Location does not matter and it does not need to be installed.
    Don't use the 64bit version on a 32bit OS.

Known Issues:
    -When first using the Editor the window may be really large with the title bar off screen. Alt+F4 it then restart.
    -Trying to save multiple categories (Firearms) can cause the editor to freeze.
    -Mods containing the string " '© 2013 Undead Labs LLC. All Rights Reserved.’" may end up losing data upon saving. Replace that string with "Copyright 2013 Undead Labs LLC. All Rights Reserved." - Confirmed OK by Undead Labs Devs.

Special Thanks:
    @Undead Nicole
    Rama
    @YojimBeau

My other mods:
    Fallout 4
    Weightless Ultimate
    Revelation 21:6
    Dynamic Flora Harvesting

State Of Decay (Old)

New Game Plus:
    [​IMG]
    Watchdogs
    Dishonored
    Dishonored DLC
    Shadow Of Mordor

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    tobu24, Rock33B and Bob Crees like this.
  2. QMJS

QMJS Famous

You've been quite busy. Impressive work.

chikawowwow and Bob Crees like this.
  3. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

Coming from you especially means a lot, thanks!

tobu24 and Bob Crees like this.
  4. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

I entered my install path (A:\Steam\steamapps\common\State of Decay YOSE), but the program gives an error when attempting to open a file. It states that it was expected to find the file in D:\(etc).

Edit: I read in the tutorial that you have to press enter after entering a value. I did not do that in the install path and don't see a way to go back to that option nor am I able to find a cfg file to edit.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  5. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

Really sorry about that.. It's most likely a complete oversight on my part as I have SOD on my D drive, I must have left a test reference in. Once I've fixed it I'll let you know.

Bob Crees likes this.
  6. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

If you go to %appdata%>local>C3v2>Saved>SaveGames and delete the config.sav it should allow you to reselect an install directory on restart.
    Sorry about this I tried really hard to have a decent release version but obviously overlooked a few things.

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

@YojimBeau Version 2.0.1 should fix your issue. If you have problems still please delete the config.sav located at C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\C3v2\Saved\SaveGames.
    I also changed it so you no longer need to press enter on the first screen to confirm the location.
    Edit: V2.0.1 still has problems while saving, will be fixed with next update.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  8. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

99% sure I've got it this time for v2.0.2.
    Based on what you said about pressing enter I added a few things in that should hopefully be helpful to you & anyone else.
    Added: Two new options. 1) Needing to press enter to Set a value can be toggled off. 2) Value Validation (trying to think of a better name), values changed can be standardised against the file ie. you can't type letters into number fields or type '10' if '1' or '0' only are allowed. Includes precision for numbers.
    Added: Fields will now change colour when altered. Green= Value accepted, Red= Value is in box but has not been confirmed (you need to press enter in the box or toggle the option), Orange= Error detected in value (if you have the new Value Validation on).
    [​IMG]

Also gave you a thank you the page because although it doesn't do anything (you can't get beer with it) I appreciate the polite feedback. It's really difficult for me to get impartial testing done before throwing it out there. So thanks. Don't complain again:
    [​IMG]
    :)
    I couldn't hold onto it sorry... I'll find more.

Bob Crees likes this.
  9. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

Nice work chummer--it's also nice to know I'm not the only one with a penchant for Magenta ;)

One thing ex facie, if I may QA, is that it would be nice to have your images of what it is/does be separated rather than a gif. It gave my eyes the ickies and I didn't bother to look at everything...but I submit I may just be more sensitive to wild and wooly things I'm trying to scan.

Bob Crees and chikawowwow like this.
  10. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

Makes sense, I'll throw something together to give an idea of what it does.
    & Thanks btw!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Bob Crees and Phacops like this.
  11. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

I made a quick explanation video (No Audio). . Hopefully that is easier to follow than gifs, if not let me know.
    Please be fully aware my video editing skills are 0 so you may need to pause at parts.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  12. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

Brilliant! Thanks, that's immensely more useful actually :)

chikawowwow likes this.
  13. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

Just please keep in mind it's a WIP, I wasn't really anticipating the main interest on this forum coming from the major people :confused:..

14. Phacops

Phacops Here To Help

Haha, I'm no major people :) I just like tinkering with things and creating POC's for possible stuff for people to work on--nothin' fancy.

I tend to prove that a concept works and then leave it until it bothers me, so I'd be one to talk if we're concerned about how polished the mods are, haha.

More to the point, I haven't taken an applied look since I mainly like to see what people are up to, no worries at all, mate!

chikawowwow likes this.
  15. Hey Chikawowwow, this is gamekid1100 from that one comment on modnexus looking to getting involved with testing Cerberus when it is ready. Just in case reaching you through here works better than steam.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  16. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

So a long over due update: basically redesigned everything to hopefully be more user friendly, more performant, more speedy, and just more more in general.
    To not spam the page with pictures each section is in a spoiler with an explanation of what's going on.

It's still a WIP.

[​IMG]
    Basically explains itself, easier to see all the data, just better and more typical of this style of program.
    The left hand side switches between the loadable modules - Firearms, HSL, Sandbox (more to come).
    [​IMG]
    Values can be selected for bulk editing by clicking on the blue area or by selecting the entire column and row.
    The toolbox at the top can be expanded/contracted by clicking on it. In future the left side panel will have different classes of operations, the ones shown are all math related right now.
    [​IMG]
    Selected (yellow) values can have operations made on them en mass through the toolbox.
    Values can still be altered individually by selecting the white area with the value.
    [​IMG]
    Values that are declared as not numerical will not have math operations made on them and numerical values can have a precision defined for them (up to 6 right now- 0.000000).
    Those decisions are made by whoever makes the .csv file that the editor will read, the editor will deliberately not make assumptions about what type of value it is.
    Side note- It's now quick enough to make changes to all 209 firearms files without needing to separate them into categories.
    [​IMG]
    Straightforward, only saves the ones you enable, as per the previous versions it will automatically start XML2BMD when required.
    The compatibility columns are just a placeholder I haven't done much with yet. The idea will be that if the original file is incompatible with say Lifeline you won't be able to copy it there, but if it is you can by enabling that column. It will opt for more understandable terms than purely colour codes.

The editor still uses .csv files that can be altered or made from scratch to suit peoples needs. When I'm fairly confident there will be no major changes to the core functions I'll put up an explanation of how to do stuff with it.

QMJS and Bob Crees like this.
  17. QMJS

QMJS Famous

You might want to add a note to the Homesites section... although defined, there are no large homesites used. Otherwise I think you'll get a lot of "This doesn't work, I changed these values and Snyder's didn't change" type complaints.

18. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

Not gonna lie, I honestly never knew that. I always played with all the values set to the same number so I just assumed it was working :-S.
    Thanks for that, I'll make sure to change it before reuploading to the Nexus. I'm pretty sure some of the firearms I've included are prototypes/master files but my main concern is the logic right now. Stopping misleading or irrelevant things showing up is as simple as deleting a row in the CSV.

Bob Crees and QMJS like this.
  19. QMJS

QMJS Famous

I suspect it's one of the leftover artifacts from the original plan before the need to fit it into the XBLA size limits. Lots of little bits left hanging around in there.

This looks impressive. I put it on my list of things to take a closer look at if I ever finish tinkering with my mod.

20. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

Thank you :)

The program code itself isn't open source because it interacts with Command Prompt (cmd.exe) directly and it would be too easy for someone to do something malicious with it.
    However the decision making is entirely through external files that can be made or altered by anyone.
    I'm not quite ready to give a detailed explanation of every possible field in the files yet but here is a brief explanation of the HomeSiteLimits module.

The header files are lightweight files detailing most of the basic things like description & file locations. They were originally part of the CSV but it improved iteration times immensely to have them as separate & line specific files.
    The Handler, LoopPerParent, comes into effect when parsing the homesitelimits.xml and is basically saying 'for each parent find each child' which will make more sense when viewing the data.csv.

[​IMG]

This is where everything displayed in editor will be found. ParentName & ChildName are used in-editor for the top row and far left column.
    The process for the LoopPerParent type is to find Parent 1, given a Start of '<HomeSiteLimit Size="RV">' so it will find the first occurence of that line in the file then the next occurence of '</HomesiteLimit>' after that line which would become a block from line number 1 to 10 for example.
    Next it will look for each of the Child Definitions within that 1 to 10 block, delimit the line into an array and use PositionInLine to determine what data to use in the grid.
    For example '<RequiredPopulation>5</RequiredPopulation>' delimited into an array with '</ & >' becomes:
    0:[<RequiredPopulation]
    1:[>]
    2:[5]
    3:[</]
    4:[RequiredPopulation]
    5:[>]
    Lastly the ChildType NumP0 signifies that when edited the value '5' should have no precision/remain a whole number with no decimal places. So provided value checking is not turned off it would not allow you to save the value as '5.010' which would potentially cause problems when the game reads it.

[​IMG]

becomes

[​IMG]

Bob Crees and QMJS like this.