[MOD] QMJS's Extended Functions (2.01 YOSE current release)

Discussion in 'PC Mods' started by QMJS, May 13, 2014.

1. QMJS

QMJS Famous

I don't know how he ended up there, but I have a suspicion. When that mission type triggers, it is supposed to select a building along their route which is not the home base and not the scavenging location. The problem may have been caused by it not being able to locate an appropriate building and doing a fallback selection of a random location.

There is a delay before they head out though, so unless you do have a lot of patience, it is best to just call them and move on. (Also, like any NPCs, when you are near them they become vulnerable, and can be killed by zombies.) However, the mission indicates for them to continue to the target (or back home if it happens after they have scavenged), so they won't get in the car.

Overall, I don't think it is a bug as much as one of the rare circumstances, in this case not having any intervening buildings between the home and target. I am surprised the mission triggered that way at all, as that mission type has a low chance to happen, but is checked periodically, so the farther they have to go the higher chance of it triggering. With such a short distance, it is quite unlikely.

One other thing that I think you know based on what you mentioned, but to clarify... after you call for the scavengers, you can take the last resource and they will still find another one upon arrival, so you don't have to wait for them to get there. What they will find is set as soon as you call them.

But... if you log out before they get home, you will only get some morale and influence, not the resources. For some reason the game doesn't save whatever resource type they are carrying, and so if they are out when you log off, when you log back in they don't have a valid resource type... so you get only the generic rewards and none of the specifics.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
  2. Probably, actually I didn't know that - I thought I had to stay and take the resources when they get there haha. Thanks for the info.

I am not sure what happened. I can try radioing for scavengers again and see what happens: (picture below to ensure we are both talking about same thing as I know this mod puts another scavenger option in home base)
    [​IMG]
    It is probably just a bug or random thing that happened. Again, I am not asking for a fix as it is something small and insignificant, just letting you aware of the issue (if it is even that).

Thank you for the quick reply, and I will play around with this radio option a bit more and see if it happens again and I will report back here.
    Let me know if you have any other ideas or anything you want me to play around with, happy to help however I can!

EDIT:
    Player interaction
    • If the player stands around or inside the location during the second phase (searching), a Supply Run mission is initiated.
    • During the first or third phase (on the way to the location or back home) the runner might randomly gets in trouble, initiating the Runners in Trouble backup mission. Otherwise the player cannot interact with them during these phases.
    ^I think the second bullet point is what happened, as I forgot until I read this but it said there was a "Runner in Trouble" Mission before it timed out and he went back to being a little green dot on the map.

I am still confused how he ended up on the other side of the map when all he did was have to run 20 feet back home though....

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  3. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Yeah, the radio call for scavengers is what I was referring to. The extra scavengers option at the command center is basically just something to assign extra people to if you have a lot of people that don't have any tasks. It is similar to the scavengers events that occur during the daily reset.

The runner in trouble part is where it looks for a building somewhere in the middle... and in the case you mentioned, there really isn't one that applies, so I suspect it just picked a random location. Most of those are defined in two ways, a common nearby spot, with a smaller chance of one farther away, up to the distance limit for the map. It would be rare, but possible.

4. Considering my luck, my first guess should have been, "It is probably that 1/1,00,000,000 chance that this really weird and random bug that causes the person to teleport to the other side of the map - and of course it had to happen when I told them, "Hey go loot next door." :[ "
    upload_2017-8-28_12-7-40.jpeg

Thanks for the help, at least we know it isn't a bug XD

QMJS likes this.
  5. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Yep. Actual bugs are generally way easier to reproduce.

6. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter Here To Help

I have had that glitch in unmodded game before. Most of the time, the Runner somehow spawn in the bloody Ranger Station. Quit the game and come back resolve that problem but i don't get the supply i order them to grab it (which is normal, it is happen to ordinary run if you quit the game before Runner finish deliver it.)

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. Kurgyn

Kurgyn Got Your Back

@QMJS , I had an interesting issue recently with Extended Functions-

In both the church and Savini residence, I haven't been able to fix up the bedroom. When I move in, everything else can be fixed but the bedroom; selecting the fix icon doesn't do anything but oddly saves the game each time I press it. I believe at the church, after a character I was controlling died I was able to fix it up. Since then I've moved to Savini in another level and it's happening again.

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to modify the max storage locker space within your mod. Is there a way I can do that easily?

Absolutely magnificent mod, by the way! Been playing it forever!

Bob Crees likes this.
  8. QMJS

QMJS Famous

The storage lockers are already maxed out... they are actually set considerably higher than what shows up in game.

That bedroom problem is because it didn't accurately detect what home site you were in. It is an issue with any of the built-in facilities where there are different versions, such as the workshops in Krikman's and Snyder's.

It should correct itself at the next daily reset period, and then you can build it again, and occasionally it will reset if you just log out and back in. To avoid it in the future, go in the room closest to the radio before starting your first repair.

The only way to completely eliminate it would be to remove the variants, and just use one type for the built-in facilities at all sites. That is essentially what I did with the storage facilities.

It is something I am working on, trying to get it to recognize correctly without having to remove the variations.

Bob Crees likes this.
  9. Kurgyn

Kurgyn Got Your Back

Oh, nice! It did let me fix it after the next day. Thanks!

My locker only has 256 shots though. I seem to remember it being more in your mod..
    Is it supposed to be 256?

Bob Crees likes this.
  10. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Yep, although I think it is actually 255. It is set at 999, but doesn't even begin to approach that.

Bob Crees likes this.
  11. Kurgyn

Kurgyn Got Your Back

You mean your mod is supposed to have 255 slots or 999?

Scratch that, I think I get what you mean. I read that there's no increasing slot size in lockers. I'll just dump some junk on some "Not Zombies".

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  12. QMJS

QMJS Famous

I don't remember at this point what the effective maximum is in an unmodded game. Looking at the unmodded limits, they look incredibly small, so it may be that the size in the mod is actually the same and those limits aren't enforced... it's been over three years since I changed that part in the early versions.

Bob Crees likes this.
  13. Kurgyn

Kurgyn Got Your Back

I noticed a lot of modders talking about changing the homesitelimits values but the game engine just ignores the numbers and it's 255 slots in your supply locker no matter what.

Bob Crees likes this.
  14. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Managing the locker is State of Decay's minigame.

It is a bigger problem on early Breakdown levels and the Story mode. For me, after a while, I let it get full and stay that way, and only put new stuff in that I really want to keep, taking other stuff out only when I want to put stuff in. Most of the stuff that I find and may use goes into vehicle storage. For example, guns for any extra survivors go in a trunk, never in the locker.

Bob Crees likes this.
  15. Kurgyn

Kurgyn Got Your Back

The issue I have is having high-influence melee weapons (I hate industrial wrenches!) appear in my locker presumably from delivering materials rucksacks. They fill up my locker and then I'm spending a lot of time dumping them on other enclaves constantly, and only 5 or 6 at a time (144 influence each!). Then I feel like new stacks of ammo and such aren't generating because my locker keeps filling up with junk added automatically and without any influence gain.

Bob Crees likes this.
  16. Kurgyn

Kurgyn Got Your Back

Are firearms that are considered rare such as the M4 /203 UGL only found after Breakdown level = X or is the find chance the same across all levels? I also noticed the UGL weapons specifically are only in the gun.case item lists.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  17. QMJS

QMJS Famous

The chances of finding any particular item are the same on all levels.

There are many items that only exist in one search list. The name of the search list, however, does not mean that it is only used at that one specific prop.

Bob Crees likes this.