[MOD] QMJS's Extended Functions (2.01 YOSE current release)

Discussion in 'PC Mods' started by QMJS, May 13, 2014.

1. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Did you follow all of the steps on the mod page under the section "If you are experiencing issues with the mod:"?

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. Kurgyn

Kurgyn Got Your Back

I run in to this every now and then. I've found that trying combinations of starting new games, loading existing games, starting game in different breakdown levels with different heroes, etc. eventually gets my save loaded without crashing.

For example, I'll start SoD > select Breakdown > select profile X > continue > crash ("ULlauncer has stopped working" or something)

So then I'll:
    1. Select Profile 2 (or any empty) > start new game > Breakdown level 1 > random character > and..
    A: Starts: Exit > load original save > starts normally.
    B: Crash: repeat step 1, but change to Breakdown level 2, and/or change starting character

I know it sounds complicated, but once you successfully load up it shouldn't happen very often afterwards.

In your case, without a single existing save, I'm not sure if it will work considering there isn't a working game to load in to yet and/or you can't select any Breakdown level other than 1. Perhaps if vanilla YOSE runs okay, you could start a game in it first before trying the above method with QMJS.

Bob Crees likes this.
  3. Yup, none of those helped. I also had a vanilla save, since I created one before I installed the mod.

What I've tried thus far:

1. Uninstall game, completely. Then reinstall it. Added exception to anti-virus scanner.
    2. Start up game, go into breakdown, start new game. Wait until loads, backout.
    3. Install mod. Start up game, try to load vanilla save, crash.
    4. Start up game again, go to profile 2, start up new game. Crash.
    5. Start up game again, go to profile 2, crash while selecting a character. Try again, select profile 2, crash before getting to character select screen.

Thus I go about reinstalling the game once more, wipe it out completely so that there is no trace - as I did in step 1. I started it up, played around in the game a bit on vanilla - no crash, nothing. I exit out, install mod, crash when I try to load the save, or crash when I try and start a new game x.x

Bob Crees likes this.
  4. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Let's take a look at some of the other potential problems:
    Do you have Steam installed on the C: drive in it's default location?
    Are all of the drivers up to date (WHQL versions)?
    Have you tried running it under a lower resolution/lower settings?
    Have you shut down other programs? Various internet browsers seem to cause issues fairly often.

Are you sure that the installation put the files in the right place? There should only be one level of \Game, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\State of Decay YOSE\Game, and no directory with the mod file name. There is a picture in the gallery on the mod page that shows what it should look like. (If you are PC-literate, excuse the question... but it happens to be one of the most common issues people have.)

Also, when you tried this, did you follow the exact steps: "Due to load order of the modified files, starting a new game in Breakdown without loading into an existing game first may cause the game to exit to the desktop. If this occurs, restart the game, select an existing profile, enter that game, exit, switch profiles and then start a new game. If that does not work or if you do not already have a valid saved game, rename Game/libs/class3.1/rts/sandbox.win.bmd to sandbox.temp, then after starting the game, exit and rename to sandbox.win.bmd"
    The order is very important for it to sort it out.

If none of that makes any difference, post your dxdiag and I'll see if I can figure anything out from there.

Edit: Also, have you started the story mode? I had one person once where it couldn't make the first-run cfg files until they started the story mode once.

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. So your edit worked. I reinstalled the game once more from scratch, started it up and began a story mode, followed by breakdown, exited out - installed the mod - went back in, started up breakdown... it works now. Strange to be honest that that seemed to have fixed whatever it was that was causing my problem, least for now anyway; I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks QMJS, I wouldn't have thought of starting up storymode first since once breakdown and lifeline came out I pretty much focused on those two.

Bob Crees likes this.
  6. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Ok, good. One of these days I hope to get around to making a single consolidated list, but I have been planning on doing that for at least a year now.

Have fun.

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. Was just wondering if this is still in development. I love this mod so much! :D

Bob Crees likes this.
  8. QMJS

QMJS Famous

yes, but I have much less time available to work on it now, so it is moving very slowly.

Bob Crees likes this.
  9. Fair enough, well keep up the great work! Your mod really does make State of Decay the best it could possibly be!

QMJS and Bob Crees like this.
  10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

11. Kjolly99

Kjolly99 Here To Help

Is there any way of making it so you can assign survivors to certain job roles? Or is that completely impossible through modding?

12. QMJS

QMJS Famous

That would take an enormous amount of work, but could be done. However, it would change the character of the game entirely, because it is a community, not a dictatorship.