[MOD] QMJS's Extended Functions (2.01 YOSE current release)

Discussion in 'PC Mods' started by QMJS, May 13, 2014.

1. The Judge

The Judge Got Your Back

New issue... any influence I get gets put to 0 almost immediately

LiNanMian1984 likes this.
  2. QMJS

QMJS Famous

That is the cumulative penalty for multiple recent character deaths. Your fame has probably dropped to 0... and influence above fame disappears rapidly. It will reset to 100 fame at the next daily reset.

If you are intentionally killing off survivors, it is going to cause problems. See "8. Fame and influence" in the modsummary file.

3. The Judge

The Judge Got Your Back

I am sorry QMJS I am dyslexic which is no excuse but that's why I haven't gone through the modsummary properly lol how embarrassing I didn't intend to kill them a feral cornered me at Pastor Will's Church

4. QMJS

QMJS Famous

It can occasionally cause issues if you aren't killing them off intentionally, if you loose a few in a short period of time. But it is for the same reason.

Fame, influence, and reputation are somewhat nebulous concepts in the game. From a functional standpoint it is clear what they do. Fame is the influence cap, and allows you to 'grow' the influence pool's size. Influence is somewhat like 'cash', used to get supplies and essentially to pay people to work. Reputation is actually rarely seen, working in the background.

But, on a more conceptual level, they work together to basically represent long-term confidence in your home enclave's ability to survive. With more confidence, people are willing to do more than huddle in the corner waiting to get eaten, and they are also more likely to let you take valuable defensive stuff away from the place they are hiding out. In a similar way, morale represents their short-term confidence that they will make it through to tomorrow. In both cases, the higher they are, the more cooperative the other survivors will be, and when people die off, they get scared and you have to build up that confidence again.

Edit: It will reset after logging off for a while, or after the daily reset, bringing fame up to 100 again. If you want to continue playing while it is low, just don't put anything new in the locker... stow it in a vehicle to put in later. It is a good idea to keep some extras in a vehicle so you can resupply if you need to when you run out of influence.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  5. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

6. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Still working on it, but not nearly as much time available as I used to have.