Moving our Community

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Nicole, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Visit us, don't leave us in the dark. How do we reach out to you? The usual @UndeadLabs on Twitter?

2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Always. You can also email me. My email address won't change. nicole at undeadlabs dot com.

3. Cejao

Cejao Famous

[​IMG]

4. osamaclees

osamaclees Here To Help

booooooooo
    disappointing :( will miss the forums

dont do social media or streaming crap nor ever will. its a shame i wont have anywhere to get help or provide help myself and just share experiences :(

ofcourse theres dwindling post the OG has been out forever now and the new game isnt released yet, i think you will find as soon as state of decay 2 lands the forum will be as busy as it ever was.

i wonder if anyone is interested in doing an unofficial forum? id be there

5. Cejao

Cejao Famous

See SAK for details.

Kid Kayole, Doc Roley, mystyk and 2 others like this.
  6. Check the sig for a link and the new advertisement!

7. osamaclees

osamaclees Here To Help

awesome! although i clicked the link and it cant find the servers DNS domain. checking the link its https://www.draakdorei/forums
    its got a secure socket (google has been sucking ass with winXP and secure sockets :( ) which could be the issue on my winXP machine, also it doesnt have a full domain name theres no .com or .co.nz etc?

edit: ok your link has https://www.draakdorei/forums i changed it to https://www.draakdorei.com/forums
    and it works. need to update your link with the country domain

ill be hanging out there soon though ill be spending most of my time at snyders ill pop by for a drink ;)

Kid Kayole, Doc Roley, mystyk and 4 others like this.
  8. Got it fixed, thanks for pointing it out @osamaclees! The missing .com was all just a test...you know, like the one where you see if this survivor will fit your group? Just a test I say and you passed!

And the link is fixed now, which means I need to make a new test...haha

9. osamaclees

osamaclees Here To Help

haha nice! :)

XzerothreeX, Doc Roley and Cejao like this.
  10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

The new site is really very very good:)

11. osamaclees

osamaclees Here To Help

just joined ;)

still sad to be leaving though *hhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn* (doctor evil)

XzerothreeX, Doc Roley, Cejao and 2 others like this.
  12. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

For those having trouble finding particular topics on discord, there is a search function in the upper right hand corner that you can use to jump to certain parts of the conversation.

Bob Crees, Cejao, XzerothreeX and 4 others like this.
  13. Biker Steve

Biker Steve Got Your Back

Only problem with having it in your sig is that only logged in members can read it. Once Jan 30th comes around, no one else will be able to see it. (No telling if people can even log in after the 30th.)

Bob Crees, Cejao and XzerothreeX like this.
  14. This thread at least, it allows people to see it without logging in. I'll also plaster it everywhere before it closes shop...for good measure.

Bob Crees, Cejao and XzerothreeX like this.
  15. Biker Steve

Biker Steve Got Your Back

I can easily say that I won't. Two days was enough for me on IRC 20+ years ago. Given the attitudes of humanity these days, I know it's just going to be worse once SoD2 drops, and it's going to be a storm of flying feces.

I can't imagine that maintenance or security upgrades cause as much overhead as maintaining a presence on 6+ other social media outlets, nor can I imagine that Discord will be as helpful to people as this forum has been. I'd been a lurker for a year and a half or so until I had something to add to the discussion. I found answers to everything I needed via a Google search of this forum (something that won't be available on Discord - RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG), and then joined when I figured something out that I was unable to find on the forum. I found out that there were still plenty of people playing this game, and thought that they might appreciate my tip.

Discord will be like level 99 of Breakdown, covered with infestations. Scant resources, overrun by the mindless undead, and despair will set in for most people.

rebel36, Matt419, GEO THUNDER and 3 others like this.
  16. BoRoBomB

BoRoBomB Here To Help

I think very few of the community lived on discord. Everyone was already coming to you (via the forums), why fix what isn't broken?

rebel36, Matt419, GEO THUNDER and 5 others like this.
  17. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

18. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Well 3 people active on Discord - as I type 12 members and 48 Guests here.

I think we need a Song

rebel36, Rooney, DicheBach and 2 others like this.
  19. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Yes okay I know I keep posting on this Thread, but I think its kind of important. How many of you are knowledgeable about the battle of Rorke's Drift (22nd - 23rd January 1879). A small Garrison of about 150 British and Colonial Troops were cut off and surrounded by 3,000 to 4,000 Zules. By the Way the 23rd of January (and NO not 1879) is my Birthday - hint hint:)

So I see the Forum Members as being in Rorke's Drift and MS holding the spears and shields, ready to over run us. (No disrespect intended - against people of the Zulu Nation)

If you do not know the words, then just hum along

rebel36, XzerothreeX and DicheBach like this.
  20. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.