New Concept Art At IGN

Discussion in 'News' started by Undead Nicole, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

2. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Things to take away from the article:

• The map (maps?) will be much bigger than the original.
    • There can be hostile enclaves that will attack you on site.
    • There is NO actual PvP (which they've been saying all along)— but still opportunities for trolling/griefing. So... PifooP?
      Player intentionally fucking-over other Players

Doomen Gloom, Liam X, NeoXCS and 8 others like this.
  3. andydabeast

andydabeast Got Your Back

I am like a starving animal for SOD2 info thanks for throwing us a bone! any date for when you will announce the release date? a release date release date?

Doomen Gloom, NeoXCS, Tsewe and 4 others like this.
  4. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Do I see someone possibly looking through Bino's?

I like the crows / ravens flying around and the zombie leaving a blood trail.

Doomen Gloom, Akinaba, Vers and 3 others like this.
  5. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

Doomen Gloom, Vers, Cejao and 2 others like this.
  6. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Right now I'm advocating for the right to tell you when we'll announce the release date, even though you could probably guess that.

Doomen Gloom, NeoXCS, Tsewe and 7 others like this.
  7. andydabeast

andydabeast Got Your Back

Do I smell some Christmas news present?! :-D

The concept art is beautiful. But so small even when I open the image in a new tab. any way we could have those images at HD size? (1440p monitor here, would love a new background)

Doomen Gloom, rebel36, Cejao and 2 others like this.
  8. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

Any visual issues with SOD & your display? I had issues initially going ultra wide for this game, first everything was stretched and then terrible shadow tearing, now it's just the minimap is about x1.5 of what it should be.

Doomen Gloom, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  9. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

I'd just like to see a character model for one (or more) of the freaks...

10. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

A SOD themed advent calendar would be cool, everyday a new screenshot or news post. Or for the sadists each day reveals 1 square of an image like in catchphrase.

Anyone else experiencing a bug with this website where you keep pressing F5 but the game is still not released?

Doomen Gloom, Tsewe, Cejao and 2 others like this.
  11. State of fate

State of fate Starting Off

That's gurubani

Attached Files:

12. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

This is gonna be good!!!

13. QuarantineRoad

QuarantineRoad Here To Help

+1

Despite having faith in UL, I didn't exactly know what direction SoD2 would take from the original. Of what we've read/seen so far, I'll play off the Westworld reference to say it seems they're taking an already fantastic park and building on it; keeping its heart while developing it further. Appears it's headed exactly where I'd hoped.

And although I'm mainly a solo player, I'm glad to see that Co-Op will be a core part of the game and the team is approaching it in a unique way representative of them. (promoting cooperation, story, and world building)

Thank you for sharing. Great article/interview.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  14. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Me and my friends love to be a one group thing and hope we can have one group as a whole!

15. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Looks promising, I wish though that the news would be delivered here first, (at UndeadLabs.com) instead of some other source.

16. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

“The simple example of this is someone making noise and the zombie simulation responding. You may find yourself in a situation where one of your characters ends up getting killed because your guest made a racket that you couldn't deal with. This goes both ways though. You may end up causing a situation that gets one of your guest's characters killed, permanently." -Jeff Strain

This suggests to me that a guest brings a character from their game with them. So they have skin in the game.

17. QuarantineRoad

QuarantineRoad Here To Help

I think it's a cooperative thing. I'm guessing UL knows IGN is going to release the article, then lets us know the moment it hits. Both Nicole's post and the article hit around 9AM (PST). A way to include everyone. :)

Though I agree it should also be in UL's front page News section.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Doomen Gloom, rebel36, Cejao and 2 others like this.
  18. GEO THUNDER

GEO THUNDER Here To Help

Is that a crawler zombie?! That's amazing. If Gurubani is in the game, does that mean we'll see other non-story characters? Like Lincoln Voss, Zeika Rivera, Shark Hoodie Guy?

Doomen Gloom, rebel36, Cejao and 3 others like this.
  19. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Undead Labs are the most trustworthy game devs there is and I love them for their time and effort! I want to be in a game development team and I'm inspired that I could too work with the best people there is! #UndeadLabs

20. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

I want more. Brainnnnnns

Doomen Gloom, NeoXCS, Cejao and 2 others like this.