Notes and News From the Stream, 7/16/2013

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

You guys are making me extremely happy with the updates and news that you're giving us. With TU3 and Sandbox, State of Decay will become the best zombie survival game in gaming history. Not saying it isn't already, but the updates you're giving us just makes the game better and better.

2. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

I'd love the zombie speed options. I'd use slow zombies for when I want to reenact The Walking Dead, and fast for when I want to reenact The Last of Us. :D

3. Billsy

Billsy Starting Off

Given that you keep your community's resources (well, most of what you've accumulated) when you have depleted the resources within the valley and choose to leave and repopulate the valley, I was wondering as to whether or not there is going to be some sort of functionality in place to in-essence, preventing farming. What I mean by this is; is there going to be anything to stop me from looting the buildings that are most likely to have firearms within them and once looting said buildings, simply leaving the valley and repopulating the valley? I know the difficulty increases each time you leave the valley, but to be honest, the difficulty is going to have to increase exponentially for me to even be worried this factor.

4. Abhor Deities

Abhor Deities Got Your Back

If you can do that, then by all means, farm away...farm away. There shouldn't be restrictions on where you can search.

5. Thorsfew

Thorsfew Starting Off

Clear out the valley...
    Can UL confirm if this is intended as "clear out" as in supplies, or could I be dreaming of heaven and it's "clear out zeds and supplies"
    Oh how wonderful would that be... Yep, zed free now, but unfortunately our food is scarce, another four days and we eat the dog or relocate!
    :)

6. sajuuknights

sajuuknights Starting Off

that has me worry too. I don't like the idea that I just hit a button and we start over just harder. it makes little sense. I do hope that it gets harder and your with your last survivor AND he dies that's game over. it would make no sense to have a character respawn over and over every time you die...

7. sajuuknights

just my idea about how to start sandbox would be you select your first character from a list. after that you randomly start location and find the first home to move in. after that its just like it has always been you scavenge and find enclaves to convert and come live with you. as you move home to home as time passes the difficulty is multiplied based on how many hours you are playing. for say every 4 hours of gameplay it increase by 1X (more zombies.) after another 4 hours it increase again and so on and on.

8. xr1st1anos

xr1st1anos Got Your Back

OK so Sandbox news/blog is up. A little unimportant as that's a DLC. Still awaiting on TU3 news/patch notes which should be more of a priority..

9. Could care less on console news, been losing interest in this game as no headway has been seen towards the mythical PC launch. Also as the PC thread was locked due to a "hissyfit" of not liking the negative feedback being given by the potential PC clients/customers.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  10. Wyndrusher

Wyndrusher Starting Off

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  11. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

Please understand, I'm not trying to be rude.....

The Xbox was always the priority with SoD and the MMO, so that will always be taking center stage. Saying "I'm loosing interest" and acting like the PC version isn't coming, is just being rude and isn't constructive in any way shape of form, so please stop. The PC thread was locked mainly because it is over a year old and there was a more recent PC thread already in the General area. Yes, a member decided to troll even after Sanya had asked him to stop multiple times. IThat's another reason, but not the main reason. Constantly complaining about the lack of PC isn't helping in any way. There are multiple members on this forum who are looking forward to the PC release, and yet they can keep there cool and not constantly complain about the PC timeline. Let's try to show a little bit more respect. They understand you guys are waiting and know you want it ASAP, but there are things that go on behind the scenes that we just can't be aware of. You think you've been waiting long? I waited 4 years before I finally got to play the game on my Xbox.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  12. AnselmBlackheart

AnselmBlackheart Starting Off

Capt... there is no asking some people to calm down. They think that what they want should talk priority...

13. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

Never hurts to try. ;) I go by the saying "Kill them with kindness!" :p

14. AnselmBlackheart

AnselmBlackheart Starting Off

I lost my kindness somewhere after the third creationist. :p

15. I've only checked back sporadically to see if any of the news has changed on the PC launch and nothing, then see the News thread for it locked due to not dealing w/ the troll directly instead. Also I know the 360 was the primary platform for SoD but promised a release to PC as well and still nothing to show for the PC's launch other than words. Kind of hard to constructively criticize an empty "promise"/words at this point. Just seeing if Day Z standalone launches before SoD PC at this point. Sure UL has huge respect from me for what they've done for the 360 as an Indie Game producer just hope they keep their word in the total platforms promised and options/dlc in the works.

16. krymzen

krymzen Starting Off

Personally all I want is a smooth frame rate... And higher difficulty

17. sajuuknights

used to follow this everyday but much like many have said "we are losing interest" has nothing do to with UL but each one of us. its how most human are. they quickly lose interest and move on. the post are just small whispers that are slowly fading away... wait a few more months and if its not release there will be no more complains.

its just like when you get your first car WOW freaking great... but... you lose interest and then... time to move on.

18. Losing interest more and more with every announcement...getting to be real disappointing :/

19. ZedsDead

ZedsDead Got Your Back

I agree. I'm still lurking and posting because I am killing time before the joyous day when TU3 is released.

Incredibly tired of waiting, though. Like all games I love that I expect more from, I will reach a threshold and either get a life (temporarily) or just find another distraction.

Unfortunately, once I've given up on waiting, I rarely come back, even when the DLC is released. Hope they hurry.

20. Couldn't agree more. I gave up Skyrim because of too many bugs. Didn't bother to try again, even with the DLCs released.