NPC Personnel Management (AKA Inhuman Resources)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Biker Steve, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Biker Steve

Biker Steve Got Your Back

(Yet another thing I didn't find online, and figured out myself. If it was posted previously, I apologize.)

There are times when people have to go. Expulsion rarely works, and you take a morale hit. Switching to them and letting yourself get eaten also lowers morale. I've only done it twice, just to unlock Jacob and Erik.

The good news is that you don't have to burn 100 influence and have them tag along, or wait for a morale mission or a zed hunt.

1. Pull up the character select screen and find one that is away from home, and choose the "Check In" option. Lily will tell you where to find them.

2. Stock up on snacks and meds, as you may need them.

3. Go to where they're at, and try to pick up a horde in the area. (FYI - A feral or juggernaut rarely will kill an NPC. They will kill you though. Don't bother with them.)

4. Lead the horde to the NPC, and be in the general vicinity. You could even drop some noisemakers/flares near the NPC if necessary. You may want to be far enough away just in case they go out with a bang.

5. Take care of what's left of the horde, and bring back their belongings.

A few days ago I had recruited a large number of people looking for Marcus. (Kept having Lily radio for survivors.) I ended up with 38 total at the end, when I typically keep my group at 16 or less. Yes, I felt slightly guilty afterwards.

SonnyJim and Bob Crees like this.
  2. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

The Leadership skill allows you to expel unwanted survivors without failure.

Pros:
    • It creates a new enclave to drop unwanted items for influence
    • The lockers typically have ammo (although the prices are permanently higher)
    Cons:
    • Morale takes a hit (easily recovered)
    • It can also effect the chances of new enclaves spawning
    • They ping training missions.... c...o...n...s...t...a...n...t...l...y...

But it's far easier and faster to just send them to the woodshed. What little morale is lost can be recovered with a few rucksacks.

SonnyJim, mystyk and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Biker Steve

Trust me, Doc Hanson's solo enclave will be getting all kinds of hand-me-downs. Telling Marcus to "kiss my ass" when he left was just uncalled for. He was eating all my food and being a nuisance. He's lucky I just expelled him rather than taking him out for a drive and dropping him off in front of a horde.

I had to thin out 20 people the other day. I didn't have enough rucks to cover that, nor was I friends with all of them. Even with Marcus picking them up, I'd still only end up as friends with one of the two out of every radioed survivor duo. It was easier and faster to just set them up as a meal.

4. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

This isn't about what I thought it was going to be lol I think we have a thread on killing survivors off already :oops:

SonnyJim, Bob Crees and mystyk like this.
  5. mystyk

mystyk Famous

I don't offer up sacrifices to the Shed God as often anymore. I just wait for a Too Many Zombies event. That usually gets rid of the ones I don't want :D

6. Biker Steve

Training missions are a pro to me. They're free backup while scavenging. I've got Marcus totally leveled up on Leadership now, so I'm just waiting for my Spiteful random to start a morale mission so I can boot him.

mystyk and Bob Crees like this.