Official Breakdown Status Thread

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Okay, here's the deal, y'all:

We _hoped_ to get Breakdown to you on Halloween, because what an awesome date to launch a zombie game, right?

Except forcing a game to come out on a particular date just because it's cool is stupid.

Because we're on XBLA and Steam, we're not nailed to a particular date. Distribution is pushing a button, not lining up fleets of trucks or armies of disk-burning robots. So if we get offered extra time, there's no reason not to take it.

I completely failed to post here on the forum when I realized we were going to miss Halloween. I am very sorry. I've been focusing on getting ready for the PC official launch tomorrow, and I was out of the office for a day and a half last week. Please be pissed at me, not the Lab, because I knew last week (and posted on Twitter et al) and forgot to tell you here.

Now, what is the new date? That's a damned good question and I'm glad you asked. Now, if there are no more questions... okay, seriously. It's not this week, for several reasons. The PC launch is one, sure, but some of it is also that with no planned advertising, timing is a thing we have to care about, so we're working with Microsoft and Steam to pick a day that we can have all to ourselves. I have an internal target date on my calendar, but I haven't been given the okay to share it yet.

That is everything I know. Again, my apologies, y'all.

2. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  3. redkorssquad

redkorssquad Got Your Back

I am not sure I like that you use "y'all" but this should hopefully stop people from moaning anymore.

4. Undead Sanya

At least I only use it as a grammatically correct plural form of address.

5. redkorssquad

It was more like I did not think you were from the southern states :p So it just sounded weird. That's all. No offense meant though.

6. Undead Sanya

Grew up in Virginia, went to college in North Carolina at a school that had only recently abolished the rule saying girls needed to wears hats and gloves to chapel, went to grad school in Virginia.

I can add all kinds of layers to the phrase "bless your heart."

7. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

At least now people have their information from a reliable source. Thank you Sanya for taking the time to tell us this information.

8. Raziel Kal'Therec

Raziel Kal'Therec Starting Off

thanks Sanya

9. redkorssquad

That was a rule? My primary school teachers talked about a rule saying girls needed to wear skirts that was X long on most days while a few days they could wear jeans.
    But as Norway was never that religious that was never an issue.
    And I think I'll need to work on my non derailing talk skills.

10. jon274

jon274 Starting Off

Thanks for the update Sanya. Hopefully between my recently discovered Hearthstone addiction and the release of Deux Ex Directors cut, I'll be able to hold out. Hopefully.

11. King of AR

King of AR Got Your Back

Thank you Sanya .

12. Diesel3649

Diesel3649 Starting Off

13. Akinaba

Akinaba Got Your Back

I'm glad you're not doing it. :)

Actually my ancestors used to do such things for at least 60 years (y'know, "Sovet Union", other stuff...). I'm telling you -- it's no fun... :D

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  14. Julia_Faye

Julia_Faye Famous

[​IMG]

15. Dillerin

Dillerin Starting Off

Damn, well considering it's November, Christmas is just around the corner... I can't imagine any days for the rest of this year that wont be flooded with competition. But I'm not in marketing, so I don't know anything... Though, I'm sure that a release before Christmas would be better than after xmas.

16. Akinaba

Akinaba Got Your Back

Christmas is good but it's for the sell outs... So I'm confused, but it's still more likely Christmas

17. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Been on the Facebook fan-page lately? Nope.[snip]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  18. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

I have Captain. It is like No man's land.

19. Undead Sanya

Good grief, no, not Christmas. Soon TM.

20. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

When I google "ocean of idiots" ...no appropriate graphics appear (pictures of 50-Cent come up for some reason) ...so I have to settle for this one:

[snip]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013