Official Breakdown Status Thread

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Nov 4, 2013.

1. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

Please do not join this forums to try and troll us. It doesn't go well.

2. redkorssquad

redkorssquad Got Your Back

People deserve payment for their work. This DLC adds more than that. And overall stop trolling and stop console warring, we all get the same, we all pay the same. End this.

3. HellSpunk

HellSpunk Starting Off

I feel like I got lumped in with an imaginary ''PC deserves more'' crowd there judging by how everyone reacted. I was arguing that his case for XBL users getting a better deal was absurd, I wasn't arguing PC should instead get a better deal.

4. _kodiak_

_kodiak_ Got Your Back

lol :D

Wait, wasn't a joke? awww :(

Maybe "console peons" shouldn't have all of the "PC overlord" titles on their (next gen as well) systems either, as it would make no economic sense. Or maybe they should, but now they'd pay 120$, because we payed 60 (or maybe pay monthly fees for what are free2play games over here), and i supported them from day 1. Otherwise, how am i, the guy that made planetside 2/crysis/warframe/WoT (etc etc etc) an astounding hit, rewarded?

It all makes a bunch of sense...to you. I had a couple of names in-store for you, but as respect towards the mods in these forums, were going to leave them out.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  5. soundcreepy

soundcreepy Starting Off

I'm starting to wonder what's worse, the steam forum, or this thread.....

Can't we all just get along for crying out loud?!?!

We all want more SoD (as we should :) ) UL wants to get paid for their hard labor (as they should :) ) They put the price of the dlc at 6.99 (which 26.99 is MORE than fair for the 300+ hours ill be putting into it :) )

You play on your system, I'll play on mine, we all have fun and stop killing each other..... :)

6. meestah009

meestah009 Got Your Back

Anyone say "PC master race" yet? It's not a REAL console/PC war without someone saying that. Then someone brings up piracy, then someone says console titles get pirated too, then someone talks about hamburgers, etc. It's a tale as old as time.

PS3 fans: [​IMG]

7. Good one !

8. WitchZero

WitchZero Starting Off

Cut the guy some slack. He's not Trolling and he has a good point. Adding just a sandbox mode should be a patch and not DLC. It's a good thing Breakdown has a little more than just a sandbox mode. New playable characters, hero unlocks, and weapons. RV and Difficulty system.

Heaven forbid someone not agree with the SoD faithful. Help educate them.

Aaaand. PC is win. Got it on XBOX, got it PC, only getting Breakdown on PC cause PC Master Race! Hamburgers!

9. Euan

Euan Starting Off

I've been on these forums longer than you and I agree with him. Going to call me a troll, too?

10. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

Woah woah woah, where did the whole hate on Liam come from? Anyone else find it weird he posted that and then never was seen again? Just me? All right....

11. deadreckoning

deadreckoning Got Your Back

You scared the poor guy liam

12. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

It seems to be the case. Am I that intimidating?

13. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

I dunno... do you also speak on behalf of the entire French community?

14. deadreckoning

deadreckoning Got Your Back

Well you did kind of just pounce on him the second he opened his mouth, it WAS his firstest ever post

15. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

Yes but how do we know it was his first account? Usually people make their accounts and their first post is them introducing themselves. This one was a moan.

16. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Less dogpiling, more civil discourse.

17. Reading these arguments exhausts me.. I'll never understand how people have such flawed logic. (in terms of the PC and xbox wars)

Also, in regards to that sviet guy's post.. That smells heavily of troll, so I do agree with liam. Or just someone who is completely misinformed due to the fact that is he FRENCH, so his native language is not English.

18. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

Hooray for Katrina!

19. MstrJedi Kyle

MstrJedi Kyle Here To Help

Yes, because reasons....

20. XGC Forsakend

XGC Forsakend Starting Off

First off:
    My apologies for bringing this part back up, but these posts were misinformed and so untrue/unrealistic that I couldn't resist chiming in.

Your argument is based on the State of Decay community on Xbox is the reason why the game became a success and eventually released onto PC. Your right, it became a hit on Xbox but it wasn't just because of the Xbox player base... it was the entire State of Decay community. There were many hoping and holding on to possible news that the PC version will come at a later time nearly a year before the game even released on the Xbox. The community grew around both platforms: PC & Xbox, one of them simply got it first due to it being the target platform for development and its intended design (bring an MMO to consoles).

Here is jeff's article announcing the PC version back in 7-5-2012 (Xbox release was 6-5-2013)
    http://undeadlabs.com/2012/07/news/class3-for-the-pc/

Here is Sanya basically saying 'we have not received any money or form of payment from the Xbox release as of this time. This completely obliterates your above posts and the money used supported PC:
    Posted on 10-4-2013.

While everyone can see that you wish to be rewarded for being an early adopter, this wasn't exactly 'Kickstarter' and you were buying a full fledged retail game (bugs aside). It isn't nice to demand more down the road when you knew what you were getting upfront =/
    Thank You.