Official YOSE release announcement

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Sanya, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

2. Shatznr

Shatznr Here To Help

Once again - Amazing news....very excited. From the videos I looked at yesterday the new UI changes and graphics all look amazing. Sounds like many other hidden gems to uncover once we get our hands on it :)

3. Virgel

Virgel Here To Help

Love the news, thanks again for all the goodness Undead Labs!

If I may ask a question, does the USA release include your Canadian fans or does that fall under the worldwide May 1st release date?

4. IllBlazer

IllBlazer Got Your Back

Hell YES!! ... Undead Labs, that is very admirable to give us SOD 'veterans' a discount as such. Thats pretty cool.

All I want to know is this... y'know the school that you could never get to on the 360 version? You remember up on the hill in Marshal? Well, since the YOSE shouldn't be as limited as it was for arcade, can we get to the school? HAHA. I've been wanting to know for a while. It would make the game more awesome to open up little sections like that that were not feasible the first time around.

Anyway, great news. I can't wait.

5. DeadK9Handler

DeadK9Handler Here To Help

Hells yea! I do have a question though. Breakdown is one DLC, Lifeline is another.... whats the third?

6. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

I am very excited, and am suitably placated by your apology. I was seconds away from throwing myself from a roof when I read your post. I thought you'd turned your back on us, and I could not live in such a world. In all seriousness, thank you kindly for the post, the apology was not necessary, and here's hoping for another Two Million sold.

7. Kamiel

Kamiel Got Your Back

Just saying but J.L. Bourne should be the special character.

8. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

The actual language is "countries with a Tuesday retail release schedule" get it on the 28th, and countries with a Friday retail release schedule" get it the first. Soooooo... when does Canada usually get retail releases?

OMFG, I'm a moron.

My original draft, in a text file, I was using a lot of shortcuts just to get the text done. I fatfingered a three instead of a two. Then when I did the final copy, I did it mindlessly and typed out the wrong damned number. ARGH.

I wish we could do that!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  9. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

10. gtabird

gtabird Starting Off

Then let's do it!

Also. Does the 33% apply to people who only bought the SoD + BD and LL or all people who bought SoD vanilla? I'm only asking for others. I gladly bought it all once the 360 TU:5 was out. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2015
  11. DeadK9Handler

You are most certainly NOT a moron. You have a huge expo coming up. (which I sadly will be missing!) You have to manage the Press releases! Don't sweat it at least it was found ASAP by neurotic fans and NOT picked up by IGN and those sites! Have fun at PAX!!

12. MstrJedi Kyle

MstrJedi Kyle Here To Help

Fuckin A! Imma stream the hell out of this!

13. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

I hate to bother you with this, knowing you are quite busy preparing for PAX south, but I must know. Will there be a Collectors/Special Edition of Year One?

Edit: I'm willing to give up on that tactical nuke if we get a steel case.

Say yes!

MrMonst3r, Jakeypake and Bob Crees like this.
  14. madfatboy

madfatboy Got Your Back

Since there's additional content in Year One, will it need new ratings classifications? Particularly the Australian version, given the issues with the original release?

Bob Crees likes this.
  15. dariussd

dariussd Starting Off

Any chance the PC will eventually get the Xbox One only new achievements?

Bob Crees likes this.
  16. Undead Geoffrey

Undead Geoffrey Lead Designer, State of Decay Franchise Staff Member

e5futter, we have not yet begun to pie. Just wait.

dariussd, actually, yes, the new Achievements are coming to both Xbox One and Steam! What is exclusive to the Xbox One are Xbox Live Challenges — timed events that unlock in-game rewards.

Challenges are a lot like Achievements. They appear in the same part of the UI, etc. I think we're doing a bit more with them than I've seen other games do, though, so I'm pretty excited to see them play out!

17. DeadK9Handler

I cannot wait to put some State of Decay as my XBONE background!

18. IllBlazer

IllBlazer Got Your Back

I've kind of had this in the back of my mind since the news first hit that it would be coming to XBOX ONE, last year. I sure was wishin' that I was right about being able to access that school. I figured that would be so awesome and cool; plus, it would tickle a whole bunch of people (besides just myself)!

But I can't be too bummed. I've been looking forward to this game for awhile. Hopefully there are plenty enough (new) cool things to keep it interesting while we wait on.....

Class IV

hehehe

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  19. RetroMutt

RetroMutt Got Your Back

Hey you guys. Super excited for this but I have a few questions if you don't mind. :)

1. The 33% discount. I assume this applies only if you buy the digital on the Xbone marketplace? I want to buy the physical copy and I am not sure how that would work. I can live without the discount though!

2. Next question is about Gurubani Kaur, if I buy the physical copy, will I still get that character right? And I assume again when you say "you guys who’ve already gotten on this train" means the ones who already bought the game, correct?

Sorry I am sure these answers are obvious but I just wanna make sure. I like to be sure about things!

Thank you for whoever answers!

CoreWorld, Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  20. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

I don't have the XBox One, but if you can transfer your user account from the 360 to the One, then I would think that your account history would include your prior purchase, thus allowing for the unlocking of the bonus character. That part should work regardless of digital or retail purchase.

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.