Once Upon A Time There Was...

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by K-Man, Jul 3, 2013.

1. K-Man

K-Man Here To Help

nothing really.

Just a thread to throw in ideas for new RPs (so we don't fill with spam the other posts).
    FT wanted to create a new game, then disappeared in the mists and never returned - I'm sure he'll find his way out.
    Yet, I wanted to hear the ideas that you would all like to see - instead of creating hundreds of threads that rot unstarted and become haunting ghosts. (yeah, I know: there are already an ammount of games that are going on! why don't you finish those? Well, only because they are stuck it doesn't mean they can't continue. I am used to long dormant times
    That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die.
    Abdul Alhazred​
    but I never lose track of them.)

So, without more blahblah-ing from me here were some ideas:
    -I am Monster: you lurk in the dark, THEY hunt you down, unless you find them first.
    You are the Troll, you are the Ogre, you are the Banshee, you are the Werewolf, you are the Sasquach, you are whatever existing cerature of the nightmarish lore you can think of! The game would have you hunting men, women, elders and children, as an obbligation! Well, each monster has a specific prey, usually.
    To consider yourselves evil is secondary - survival of the fittest is the law.
    There would be of course a story, but the main issue would be hiding from whoever you meet what monster you are (if they know you're a vampire they'll try to drag you into sunlight! If you are a troll they'll try to burn you! If you are a glittering fairy that feeds on blood, oh, believe me, there are things that you'd never like to even immagine...)​

-Monster Movie!: classic horror movie, group of friends hanging out, and something horrible sneaks in the tent of the couple who's having "great fun!" or behind the poor black guy.
    You'll be a college student, and end up in an isolated palce, or, if you prefer something more catastrophic, the monster will come to you, and ruin your life before taking it. The peculiarity of this game was to have the monster be something you don't know, which means you'll have to find the way to kill it.
    Under this one there are so many possible stories!​

-The Wicked Place: that town had something weird, everyone knew.
    Panther had once a great idea, about a Silent Hill roleplay - I have great plans for it, but it isn't so open world as you'd expect it.
    There isn't only Silent Hill (even in Silent Hill there wasn't only their lore, but many references to other works - Heart of Darkness, by J. Conrad, is my favourite), but also Alan Wake, Lovecraft's lore, Sandman's lore, and other myths and urban legends.​

-Hunting Party: you hunt the monsters around the world.
    Wickednewb once created something, but it was too much Devil May Cry related, and it never intrigued me. Here I am taking Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Supernatural, Fringe, and all those low budget tv shows that always did a crappy job. Hellblazer here is another inspiration, a much better one (believe me, no one knows the real John Constantine, if you didn't read the comics).
    Basically you had some trauma in your life, and now are hunting down the monsters. Some of you could be hunters as in Supernatural, others could be ritualists (using ancient objects and rituals to do their job), others phisicians, jinxers, magicians, and all the sort of magic-users you can come up with. All you do is hunting these things down, kill them (rape them, eat them [I think no one ever tried a soup with Kraken, who's going to try?], mate with them, whatever you feel like), gathering some money to keep doing what you do, and end up meeting the Big Bosses.​

So, these are some ideas. None of them is stricktly zombie-related, but they all have horror in it (I dare you to find me an adventure story where there isn't a horror element!).
    Anyone wishing to discuss? Anyone wishing to propose other ideas?

2. Mad cannibal

Mad cannibal Here To Help

Plane crash, in the desert, survive for two weeks until rescue comes.

3. K-Man

K-Man Here To Help

What would make it a juicy story? There is not much to do in a desert, except fighting each other

4. Mad cannibal

Civil war RP?

5. K-Man

K-Man Here To Help

THIS can be epic!
    Real one or fictional one?!

6. Mad cannibal

Sex slave RP?

7. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

Aha! Found my way back!

Holy Shiz! K-Man! you are my hero! LOL, phone battery finished! AHAHA! Thanks bro!

Okay. So I am serious. Right now.

I just thought of this-

There is a school field trip going on, we crash on an island, and well. Here is the challenging part. On the island are mythical beasts. There are no weapons. There are no solider's. There is no one but you and some of your friends. The world has not ended, it's out there. Only problem is there is too much going on in the world for people to come and save you. It's not like they would be able to do plaything anyhow. Your friends, if you choose so, are your classmate's, teacher's and the pervy janitor. This is all you have, and less if you can not hold it together. So? What do you guys think?

I have another one but.....not sure yet.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  8. Matt419

Matt419 Here To Help

I think it's been proven that I'll join pretty much any RP over here, so no doubt I'd join any if these if they were made. However, FT's is the best so far, probably with Mads civil war idea second. They're both just ideas that haven't been done yet.

9. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

What the hell am I writing in here?!?

10. Mad cannibal

Elder Scrolls, boat to Akavir RP?

11. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

^ Hm...IDk, never heard of it. But Mad...it does not have...any of your...er...fantasies does it?

12. Mad cannibal

Sexual fantasies? Cause I'm still trying to find a hot chick with a penis to bang.

13. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

.....^......I think..it is time...for me to disappear yet...again.

Not yet! My phone has 15% charge. DAMN!

14. K-Man

K-Man Here To Help

You playing on who gets banned the most?XDXD

Welcome to Jurassic Park *^* (can we have dinosaurs? everyone dies the first night, but they'd be so cool!)

This is similar to the plane crash of Mad, but with something more (LOST, and monsters?)

15. Mad cannibal

I'm sorry it's on my checklist and I haven't checked it off yet.

16. K-Man

K-Man Here To Help

I am not sure about a fantasy RP..

What was your other idea?

17. Mad cannibal

War of the Roses RP?

18. Mad cannibal

Vegas Gang War RP?

19. K-Man

K-Man Here To Help

uhm.. Europe Medieval fights? I like that stuff, but I'm not sure about its succes
    What would the story be?

20. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

Well....my other idea was....this.

Welcome to Falcon castle!

You are either a knight, an archer, a rogue, a bartender, or the holy monk. The land is in chaos from the attacks of Lord...err....Kraos and his dark minion army.....it's pretty....retarded.....ugh...I had a really good one..but I forgot it..and this one..is just...an Adventure RP...so IDK....

*Slap's himself.*

Okay. Okay ^This was a joke. Here is what I had in mind....you want something..original? Okay!

Your planet, Nu'Valos is falling to the occupation of the Krinai. As the remnants to the empire, you are sent to a distant planet. Earth. There you must hide yourself, and preserve your race. The King, loosing all hope has sent the princes their with you. Fit in with the locals, and improve yourselves. Do not let any of the local's know of your existence, and always keep an eye out for what the Krinai may send, for Earth's weapons of steel, are no match for the vastly superior forces of the Krinai.

This next part..IDk...it could be a normal highschool, but I just wanted to see how you guys would like to be in a school, which was always dangerous...

Your first Objective. Enter, Elkinos High School, this is were those of the human race, and those that hide within it send their children. So were-wolves, vampire's, shape shifter's, Elemental's, super powered freaks,Dragon Born, undead, demons, soul possessors, mummies, and well...you.