One bite infection mod (request or help)

Discussion in 'PC Mods' started by tobu24, Feb 12, 2014.

1. tobu24

tobu24 Got Your Back

When is it crashing?

2. tobu24

tobu24 Got Your Back

QMJS likes this.
  3. tobu24

tobu24 Got Your Back

QMJS likes this.
  4. JollyZed

JollyZed Starting Off

OMG IT WORKED! thanks! any recommendation for the correct use of this "mod"?

5. JollyZed

JollyZed Starting Off

hmm the guy healed himself...wut

6. JollyZed

JollyZed Starting Off

hey man can you make it so when you have a -20% injury from zombies
    it gives you black fever}?

7. I think its best to use a fatal bite with high damage penalty for max health. So everytime you get bitten, black fever would appear. Or instead of a strong bite, you can make a normal bite damage that after for example 3 bites you will go down, but health penalty should still be high in order to become sick :)

8. JollyZed

JollyZed Starting Off

yeah that should work to, but like qmjs says, health bar means pain, not physical injuries or blood, thats why i have zombies with high bite damage (like 3 bites will take you down)

9. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Putting black fever in is a big step. The trait is easily assigned, but it doesn't do anything. You have to rework a lot of other stuff to make it actually have any effects.

The Grave sickness is the trigger for fatal illness and mercy shots. If you go back to the instructions on the last page, and find the <Event Id="fsEvent.RecoverFromSick">

The line <Alt AltId="Fail_Grave" AltOdds="50" /> can be changed to <Alt AltId="Fail_Grave" AltOdds="100" />, which is a 100% chance to not recover (75=75%, and so on, adjust as you need it.)

Then change the <Character ActorFlags="" ActorName="" ActorTask="" ActorTraits="Trait.Meta.Grave, Trait.Status.NewlySick, Trait.MoodType.Sick" FunctionTags="" HideWarnings="True" Optional="" TargetEnclave="" /> to
    <Character ActorFlags="" ActorName="" ActorTask="" ActorTraits="Trait.Meta.Grave, Trait.Status.NewlySick, Trait.MoodType.Sick" FunctionTags="" HideWarnings="True" Optional="" TargetEnclave="" />

I didn't notice that black fever entry there, and it actually is going to make the event fail.

10. tobu24

tobu24 Got Your Back

Did it say that he was healed or recovered? There is a possibility for a person with the "trait.status.hurt" to heal, but very slim. What did it say in the journal?

11. tobu24

tobu24 Got Your Back

The way I finally got blackfever to work officially was to make the wounded survivor get the trait if the performed surgery failed. Using the function you added in the facilities xml I added the trait in during the surgery fail event. Works great with that simulation. The balance is if the survivor is infected, you're in a race against time to sort it out. Either they die peacefully(rare), heal(rarely), or turn and attack people. The mercy shot function button or if you've built your facility up to be able to use the surgery function are your two options.

Also Jolly,

I corrected some things and added others.

characters.xml
    https://www.mediafire.com/?qvn5qxhv1t8dq11

rtsevents.xml
    https://www.mediafire.com/?l469o2kk74f6pif

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    JollyZed and QMJS like this.
  12. JollyZed

JollyZed Starting Off

Thanks a lot man! what did you add?

13. JollyZed

JollyZed Starting Off

ok, about the recovery thing...it says that he didnt recover form his injury, but in the char tab he didnt appears to be sick or injured, also, my sniper lincoln voss became sick from black fever but he didnt have contact with zombies....he dissapeared right after, im gonna look for him and give him the mercy shot xD

tobu24 likes this.
  14. tobu24

tobu24 Got Your Back

That's a draw back from the mod. That's where the extensive modding starts to classify which scenarios warrant a death by black fever. Also, how did the Lincoln situation occur? Was there a journal entry that said he became sick, or hurt?

15. JollyZed

JollyZed Starting Off

yes, there was a journal that says he became sick

tobu24 likes this.
  16. tobu24

tobu24 Got Your Back

Yea, unfortunately people will die from minor to severe sickness or injury. Sometimes they will recover. That's simply one of the drawbacks early on in tweaking this mod. I had to go into the Fatecards.xml and reduce the incidences of random injury and sickness events.

17. JollyZed

JollyZed Starting Off

and what about the injuries stuff? it isnt working :( (unleast not as a i think - Zombieinjury - sickness)

18. tobu24

tobu24 Got Your Back

What do you mean? I'm sorry I'm confused. Are you saying that the zombie bites aren't leading to injuries?

19. JollyZed

JollyZed Starting Off

yes, thats what im saying

20. JollyZed

JollyZed Starting Off

needles to say, if that helps, that i have more than 30 characthers on my base