Only reason I'm holding onto my XBONE...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lamoi, Feb 17, 2017.

1. lamoi

lamoi Got Your Back

So, the only reason I'm holding onto my Xbox is SoD2....

Xbox feels like a sinking ship, no exclusives, what little exclusives they had are being cancelled. Then there's Microsoft closing their 3rd party studios...
    Then there's the ongoing issue of multi platform games running with inferior resolutions and performance (and I'm still paying the same price!).

SoD was one of the best games I have ever played actually.
    So I've been dutifully waiting. But times getting on and I feel like I'm wasting money here as if I traded up and bought my multi plats on the PS4 I'd be getting a better version of the same game.

So when is release date ? Any estimates?
    And is there any hope of getting PS4 version down the road...?

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

They're announcing the release date at E3. Estimates are the 3rd or 4th quarter 2017.

...a snowball's chance.

Bob Crees likes this.
  3. zechs

zechs Here To Help

SoD 2 is Microsoft exclusive. XBO and PC. No PS4.

Bob Crees likes this.
  4. Furie

Furie Here To Help

This thread is like sooo last year. June 25th last year, to be precise.

Seriously speaking, if you're only hanging on for one game, then why not trade in? Look at it from the other side; if you had access to every game you wanted and they as much better as you keep saying, would you trade that for the chance to play one you really enjoy? It makes no sense to deny yourself all that when you wouldn't trade all that for a single game.

And no, Microsoft funded this game. There's no chance they'll release one of their exclusives on PS4. In fact, the only way that happens is that Undead Labs gets bought by a publisher who're multiplatform and manage to bring their IP with them (that last part is unlikely the way deals and contracts work these days), and then that publisher does another deal with Microsoft to get the rights to the already published SoD games. Compared to the potential relative return, it'd cost far too much to license those games for it to be worth considering.

Undead Nicole and Bob Crees like this.
  5. lamoi

lamoi Got Your Back

It's tough...

If it wasn't for SoD I would have traded up long ago!

But I've waited so long, I think I'll maybe hold onto to see gameplay footage at E3 - then decide.

I'll be getting a PS4 no matter what now, way too many exclusives to sit with the sinking Xbox now...

But I just wanna play SoD2... rinse that then it's all getting traded..