Outpost and Resources Q&A, 7/26/2013

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jul 26, 2013.

1. sgallaty

sgallaty Starting Off

I am sincerely hoping that resource outposts are fixed so that they don't cost 1 raw mat to produce 3 raw mats every upkeep. That seems a little meager and problematic.

My observations support what's been said that the calculations and recordkeeping of income and expense for resources is completely broken. The numbers for upkeep make zero sense based on any factors the player has on hand to verify.

Hopefully TU3 soon and some significant improvement. I am sure that other people play the game considerably differently than I do, but the base mechanics are part of my favorite aspect of the game and when they don't work it's inordinately frustrating to me.

2. AnselmBlackheart

AnselmBlackheart Starting Off

Actually... the resource cost (1 Materials per day) makes sense. You DO have to keep the outposts maintained, so that is where those materials goes to...

3. sgallaty

sgallaty Starting Off

It does for every other kind of resource - but for outposts that generate raw materials you have several game mechanics issues.

a) if you have no materials, you can't generate materials which is a deadlock. You really don't want a resource to depend on itself.
    b) for game mechanics purposes, we don't care if it takes 1 material to generate 4 or it generates 3 - we get net 3 income anyhow, but without having to have 1 first

I'm just saying that a net income of 2 raw mats is kind of meager, considering how heavily they are consumed. As far as game scale goes, that could use some looking at, I think.

4. AnselmBlackheart

AnselmBlackheart Starting Off

I do agree it is small... and considering you are making materials, yah it kinda doesn't make sense.

5. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Haven't forgotten this. Shaun finished giving me answers. Had to wait for QADJ to take a pass, and he spent the morning on TU3 burning issues and the early afternoon up to his ass in sandbox stuff. Hoping to get it out tonight, but it might be early tomorrow morning.

6. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

7. ELToastyPoptart

ELToastyPoptart Starting Off

That would be a nice feature to add in with TU3 would be where you can load rucksacks in cars it would cut down a lot of traveling back and forth between houses knowing you have like 4 more bags there lol

8. i can say i learned a few useful things here

9. Just testing if my verification worked...

10. K2fbliss

K2fbliss Starting Off

very helpful.

11. owen lynkins

owen lynkins Starting Off

if you make a military stash an outpost can the locker appear or is it a bug in my game because i had 3 outposts at military stash's and i cant find the locker anywhere there