Outpost and Resources Q&A, 7/26/2013

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jul 26, 2013.

1. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

The game is meant to be punishing however...this game was never meant to be coddling in any shape form or fashion. We've talked about different aspects in other topics regarding this, they just aren't prudent to this conversation and would take the conversation at hand off topic...but you & I have talked about this in previous topics. Also, you say "A GOOD difficult game is one in wbhich you can look back at everything you did and pull out what part you did to make yourself fail"....that is exactly what this game did before TU1 & TU2. Your decisions had adverse or positive consequences...They no longer do. I can leave my community w/out food, and it has absolutely no consequence except they get mad...that in itself is no consequence. This game never uses blind luck, but more so relies on the player to have common sense. Generally common sense will leave you with positive outcomes.

2. SapLivion

SapLivion Starting Off

no needs for quotes, it is what it is. and easier it is becoming...........too many infections bug(dout it was bug, just made since to remove it) second thing that made it easier is in game over night weapons being repair, i for one miss the first few days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and this is why i almost always play with the updates off(un installed) all games are easy after u play the shit out of them, with or without tutorial

3. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

I am not your secretary either. Either you want to know and will look up the stream (there is only 1 first game play stream after all). It's not like I am quoting a vague source that would provide you with a thousand results on the first search of their gameplay videos they did on twitch

4. AnselmBlackheart

AnselmBlackheart Starting Off

Sadly, this is again some confirmation bias. Let me give you an example I lived through. I had over three times as much resources as I needed daily, I had no notices (No infestations, no missions, etc) and everyone I had was in great condition. I came back a single day later to find all my resources gone, multiple guys dead, and almost all of the rest in bad shape. There was NO way to know what went wrong at all, I has left everything good and came back to hell. Even a thorough look through the journal gave me no new information.

5. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

exactly they are right there in the patch notes.

6. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Yes there was...Had you followed the game (or even done the most basic research before purchase), you would have expected the resource drain, you would have known not to leave your place in a state that could result in people dead, again...this is all things that the developers said would happen...yet people were surprised when it did.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  7. AnselmBlackheart

Sorry, but NO. Please tell me what i could have possibly done more. I HAD the storage space, so that wasn't it. I had resources, so that wasn't it I had all missions gone, so that wasn't it. I DID follow the game, that is my entire point there. And what do you mean "you would have known not to leave your place in a state that could result in people dead...), eh? What could I have POSSIBLY done more?

8. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

To be honest, I can't say what conditions your game was in, so I can't possibly comment on what you could have done or not done to make it better.

9. Julia_Faye

Julia_Faye Famous

I notice you say this alot but most of those complaints are pre TU2 I would think since simulation is no longer a problem. I could be wrong here but I think AnselmBlackheart is mostly referring to the amount of stuff that is used up for no apparent reason and the chaos that ensues afterward.

10. AnselmBlackheart

The answer is... nothing. Even going through the forums I got nothing.

I had enough storage space for up to five days of resources, I only had three. So I wouldn't lose any extra from that.

I had three days worth of supplies, so by what we all know I should have lost only one days supplies in the one day time I was gone, plus some things from random events.

All survivors were in good condition, so nothing there to get worse.

No missions or infestations, so THAT couldn't get worse.

A surplus of items.

So please, tell me what could POSSIBLY have been done better? If you are going to talk as if what we had before worked fine, you better be willing to back that up by telling someone like me how I could have done better. You said that how it was before WAS something we could look back and see what we did wrong, so come on and tell me.

11. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Like a few of us have said though, a report would have easily solved this w/out changing the difficulty of the game. I agree, I would like a report more so than the faith based system.

Anselm & I have kinda veered off of that though and have been talking more broadly.

12. AnselmBlackheart

I am referring to Pre-TU2 since Irish here made it seem as if we should have known what went wrong. So I gave her what happened to me.

13. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Again, I would have to see your game in particular to get an accurate idea. I can sit here and assume all day (anyone can) but that doesn't answer any questions.

14. SapLivion

SapLivion Starting Off

what it comes down too is this. they made a game that was meant to throw u around, it was never really meant to make sense(no life treating situation is) and in the end they shat...why because they didnt except the to sell that many copies that quick............this scared them in to quickly addressing the wider audience concerns ie weapons repairs NUFF... it is just a shame that the greater audience are 14yr to 18yrs.......who lack the ablity to learn and adapt..........................i read that some people restart if they dont get a large backpack at the start.....................i could cry when i read stuff like that.............i fear for my safety if the zombies ever do come........there are going to be alot of people Crying out for help and asking God "this hurts can i restart now plz" while their there necks are being eaten. good god i have to go to work its day time monday morning here lol.................later people

15. AnselmBlackheart

Give me your assumptions then. Give me anything I could and I will tell you what I remember of it. If you can tell me even one thing that could have done this, and I will entirely conceed the point.

16. Faryn

Faryn Starting Off

That was me ... I`m in my 7-8th playthrough ... excuse me for playing my game the way I want
    And just for the record, I`m 35

So please, stop your assumptions ... thanks alot

17. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

I can give an assumption either. Again, I don't know the exact conditions. While I know you posted them...seeing the game first hand & having someone explain the conditions are 2 things that are entirely different.

As far as you conceeding your point...I honestly don't care if you do or don't (not meant in an abrasive manner). There is much to open to interpretation, preference, & personal experience and that is what makes conversation great. I am not talking just so you agree, I am happy to hear about your experience & open to what you have experienced...but I can't agree (nor disagree) because I am not experiencing your gameplay. I can only give you the experience that I have had.

If conversation just to get the other to agree, I'm sure many people would be denied the experience of others because they would be bickering to much to understand the other experiences that had been experienced.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  18. Julia_Faye

Julia_Faye Famous

I know and I agree the item/material usage didn't make any sense. I'm just having trouble seeing what the argument is about here. Pre patch the simulation took too much without any real reason and post patch takes almost nothing if at all. Are you arguing which is better? Are you referring to the Outpost system not working right? Or have I missed something completely and am making a complete ass of myself? In which case I do apologise. :p

19. SapLivion

SapLivion Starting Off

the sim only kills people who are sick badly hurt or missing.................if u tell me nothing was wrong with any of them.........i simply say you lie. love all of u remember that

20. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

As far as I'm concerned, there is no argument...Just a sharing of experiences.