Patrick Poll #2: Should Cars Require Fuel?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Patrick, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Patrick

Patrick Starting Off

Patrick Poll #2: Should Cars Require Fuel?

Another simple question in a nutshell that has been thrown around by the realistic derivers of this forum. In real life, fuel is essential. We use it for many tasks and operations, one primary and common task being the use of fuel to power our vehicles. State of Decay currently has a magical vehicle system that prompts the limitless supply of fuel in-tank that all cars spawn in with. I think its totally derailing from the realistic feel this game does a semi-standard job of keeping afloat. Do you think that the use of your colonies Fuel Supply Stock should be used to run your car? You would have to build a refuel station, drive to it when you need to refuel, and flood gas from your current stash to continue your quest via vehicle.

Del44ZSlayer, Geoff728 and Cejao like this.
  2. Red Eye

Red Eye Got Your Back

I would say, for simplicity sake, just have each vehicle in a parking spot at your community consume 1 Fuel each day, so to obtain the benefits of car maintenance you also have to lose some Fuel to refuel them. Not a perfect system, and folks who don't like it could avoid it if they desired with how many vehicles are in the game.

Geoff728, Tsewe, ErnestK7 and 4 others like this.
  3. ZedsDead

ZedsDead Got Your Back

I'm going to go ahead and say that I broadly agree with everything Red Eye says.

Cejao likes this.
  4. MstrJedi Kyle

MstrJedi Kyle Here To Help

Red Eye nailed it I think.

Cejao likes this.
  5. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

It would have to be balanced to accommodate this...but, I like the premise

rebel36 and Cejao like this.
  6. Patrick

Patrick Starting Off

I wish cars used fuel

Geoff728 and Cejao like this.
  7. Patrick

Patrick Starting Off

For the record I voted yes. IT would give a REAL REALISTIC RHYME to the game.

8. ELToastyPoptart

ELToastyPoptart Starting Off

Yeah, I like this idea but Red Eye nailed pretty much what I was gonna say

Cejao likes this.
  9. toupz

toupz Starting Off

Me want fuel in cars!

10. DMentMan

DMentMan Starting Off

yes, because its realistic and i have lots of fuel and nothing to do with it.

Cejao likes this.
  11. Bea$tTeam101

Bea$tTeam101 Got Your Back

it would make fuel more useful.

12. breakm

breakm Here To Help

Thats good enough. I still would love if cars had random amounts of fuel in the tank when you start a new game, any number from 0% to 100%. Also less cars in Vanilla SOD. In Breakdown there are fewer cars as you progress, right? What about lowering the average % of fuel in cars as you progress too? 0% - 100% in Lvl 1, 0% - 90% in Lvl 2 and so on.

It would make fuel really useful and you would think twice before using your car for short trips.

13. GTigers55

GTigers55 Here To Help

Red Eye and Breakm's ideas combined would be perfect in my opinion. Or just have the cars have less distance they can travel on 1 fuel.

Cejao likes this.
  14. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

You could also be required to break into and hotwire each car, the first time you use it— certain skills may apply.

15. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Liked RedEyes idea, this one as well. Maybe a little button masher mini game, gets easier and quicker as skill improves.

Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  16. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

That could be based on 'Wits'. The lower the 'wit' the more noise and time it takes you etc.

I agree that Fuel could be more important. Not sure about loosing 1 Fuel Unit per day /per car at your Home Base, but loosing it when driving for sure. Even to the extent of loosing it quicker the faster you drive.

17. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

WOW.... As of now, 86% of the voters here all want this feature. Why wasn't it added to YOSE?

Cejao likes this.
  18. JCass

JCass Got Your Back

I wanna go Vroom Vroom then no Vroom...Then drink the Gaz like Super Mario Brothers, and Go Vroom Vrooms some More!
    (Do not judge me... I'm a product of the US Educational System. Less Knowledge, More Ritolin, and talking about our Feelings!)

Cejao likes this.
  19. KatArus

KatArus Got Your Back

Cars should require fuel because it has nearly no use other than that.

Cejao and DJB204 like this.
  20. JCass

JCass Got Your Back

87%! Roll them Dice were on Fire tonight...
    Just watch...someone votes no just to make me cry...:(

Cejao and XzerothreeX like this.