PC Patch 6/23/14

Discussion in 'For PC Players Only' started by Undead Nicole, Jun 23, 2014.

1. jeka_82

jeka_82 Got Your Back

:(People tell me please what value may to put so that mailbox on camp not filled given the what ammunition i on 255 one cell backpack how should be value maximum:oops:

Attached Files:

2. jeka_82

jeka_82 Got Your Back

Hello Nicole I have a question for you why are rifles 50 caliber ??? because in essence they are its functions (shooting liquidation zombie) 100% do not perform the efficiency and the needs of this weapon (that we are talking about weapons under 50 caliber) the question is WHY these WEAPONS IN the GAME ????? the pros and cons of these weapons plus great stopping power minus this distance defeats the purpose of EVEN RIFLE ( example Ak74 or hk416) then created the question why the game has 50 caliber (it's basically a sniper rifle that themselves imply firing AT long RANGE WHICH IN FACT do NOT WORK the WHOLE ANNOYING) here is a vivid example

3. jeka_82

jeka_82 Got Your Back

I hope you consider this fact The game is good I admit but return (very high) and the small distance between the shooter and the goal is VERY SMALL it is not of much use. Sniper rifle itself implies firing AT long RANGE!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Revenge0frock

Revenge0frock Famous

I think you're completely misusing the snipers in this game. They aren't supposed to be long range (quite frankly if the zombie is more than 100ish feet away you shouldn't be wasting bullets on it anyway). They are supposed to be obnoxious fire power at close range, capable of blowing through any and everything. Also, they make for great AI home defense. Nothing like seeing a stray feral get blown apart by Alan gunderson and his 50cal

ObsidianChief likes this.
  5. jeka_82

jeka_82 Got Your Back

What does it mean to abuse ??? if you have found an assault rifle for example SCAR -17 you what to do with it shoot naturally and this process you call abuse ? I ask with a sniper rifle far distance defeats the purpose (as befits any sniper weapons or for which it is in the game ?) PS. And another change animation recoil weapons when fired

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  6. Revenge0frock

Revenge0frock Famous

I'm not sure what this means at all because quite honestly I'm not sure its entirely english. But what I said remains true. Snipers in this game aren't for extremely long range, they are medium to close range cannons. And the recoil animation is entirely fine, the game doesn't need any more animations when its barely squeezing in all the ones we've got.

7. jeka_82

jeka_82 Got Your Back

Your opinion is with you My opinion remains with me !!! I have no desire to argue with you

8. Revenge0frock

Revenge0frock Famous

I'm not sure you're understanding me. I'm not arguing and its not an opinion. Even if you could snipe at quite a distance it wouldn't matter because zombies at the edge of your line of sight are just graphical until you get closer. You can shoot right through the far out ones. It wouldn't be possible to make snipers long range even if for some wild reason they decided it was a good idea. At least not in State of decay.

Although, in class 4 longer range would be a pretty solid idea, especially with other players around.

9. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

::Google Translate facepalm::

Since SoD is a 2GB arcade game, it lacks the resources necessary to accurately (well, more accurately) depict bullet trajectory/range/etc. There are many features that had to be scrapped or skeletonized to keep the game under the limit for release. All calibers in the game have significantly less range than in reality. IMO those .50bmg rifles have no business being in the game, since bullet rendering range is so minimal, and you cannot fire from the prone position.
    But I imagine the devs chose to leave it in because: (1) it's the only caliber that pierces armor, and (2) more players would complain if it was taken out, than if it were left in.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    Revenge0frock likes this.
  10. jeka_82

jeka_82 Got Your Back

class 3, class 3.1, class 3.2, class 4 ???

11. Revenge0frock

Revenge0frock Famous

Um... I'm not sure what you mean but class 3 is the current SOD and class 4 is the next game. There is no 3.1 or 3.2 etc.

12. jeka_82

jeka_82 Got Your Back

class 4 is the next game I didn't know and when it appears ? (сlass 4)

13. chaz

chaz Starting Off

I'm not getting the update on steam. Is that because I live in Australia?

The last update shows as June 18th.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  14. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Your location doesn't prevent you from receiving updates. Can you manually update on Steam?

nartazen likes this.
  15. nartazen

nartazen Got Your Back

I'm so hopeful on this. This will affect org sod and yose. Correct?

UOTE="Undead Nicole, post: 550715, member: 68080"]Just a few quick fixes. We're hoping that we fix the majority of the crashing issues that are hitting our PC players with this one. As per usual if you run into bugs, please post them in the Bugs Forum.

• Addressed an area where the player could get out of the environment
    • Disabled Crytek!!! error message box, we just dump an error log and exit now.
    • Fixed the shipping container we thought was fixed but actually wasn't in the shipyard area.
    • Sasquatch is now immortal at the inception of the THE mission
    • Julene Horn is now only scripted to die once, leaving only one Rucksack. **Affects the cases in which she dies during the mission, AND the case where the player dies.
    • Supply Run with Kilo mission now does not trigger when he is a follower.
    • Fixed an audio crash on continuing a game.
    [/QUOTE]
    I'm excited. For org sod and yose correct?

16. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I'm excited. For org sod and yose correct?[/QUOTE]
    This patch was just for Original. :) It was posted a year ago. :)

nartazen likes this.
  17. nartazen

nartazen Got Your Back

I feel mighty dumb right now. LOL. I am so desperate for things to get fixed but I can't even pay attention to the date that you all posted oh my god that just goes to show I'm a wreck without my s.o.d.b hahaha

18. ObsidianChief

ObsidianChief Got Your Back

Class 3 is storyline, Class 3.1 is Breakdown and Class 3.2 is Lifeline is how it goes I think