Player Leaderboards [Reset Request]

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by Elite IV, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Elite IV

Elite IV Starting Off

Hey Undead Labs, my name is Elite IV. So recently I've been getting back into SOD (keen for V2) Recently I've actually been randomly motivated to reach somewhere in 1/2/3 position of global kills, I've got over 140 hours so far and completed all DLC's. 1 mistake i have done though upon playing and i must admit that after finishing this game i decided to use Cheat Engine to modify some game values. Doing some research i hear that if said values are found modified using 3rd party tools that publishing to the leader-board for that specific person is stopped. I didn't realize that but even more now i know it's got my pumped to start earning some legit kills even if i have to start from 0. I currently have 2445, I would like to apologize in a way for using this tool, but this was out of sole curiosity and after completing the game. Strange post i know.. But haha if this is what it takes then worth a shot. If not i understand, i just wish i knew before hand.

My Steam URL: steamcommunity.com/id/XtGEliteIV
    Platform: PC (Computer)
    Current Self-Attempts: Delete entire "USER" folder in SOD directory, Steam -> Verify Intergrity, Deleted cheat table and cheat engine from PC.

I've obtained information from this thread about modifications to SOD & Leaderboard Score Halt. -> CLICK ME

I do hope an amicable solution can arise as I'm desperately wanting to play for the leaderboards again. Crazy how you guys have put in the work to check for these modifications to game assets to compensate for potential cheaters on the leaderboards.

Kind Regards, Elite IV.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  2. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

We don't have the ability to reset the leaderboards from here. However, if you completely delete your State of Decay folder and reinstall the game without the cheat engine, you should be able to pop back onto the leaderboards. It's plausible that a stray file or setting from the modification is lingering in your SoD folder and it's causing the checks to ping for cheating.

Please try this and let me know if it works.

Vers, Bob Crees, Doomen Gloom and 3 others like this.
  3. Elite IV

Elite IV Starting Off

Thank you so much! I will try that option right after i try this ->
    Appreciate the help. I shall update you once i got things working correctly!

4. Elite IV

Elite IV Starting Off

Okay so far, I've deleted State of Decay and re-installed it (Via Steam Client) Some how my graphic settings and game save was still on my PC so this must be saved in a different location, I've tried looking around the "Appdata" and My Documents / Saved Games folders to see if there are any SOD files i can delete also but no luck. My kills are no updating still but I'm also still in Mount Tanner (Game Introduction) so could that be an issue? I don't think it would be but i've also waiting until every auto save to check the leaderboard (Refresh, Timed Save) etc. Anyways, as of now still no luck. I'll keep trying though! Thanks again.

EDIT: I've also noticed when i changed my "View" or "Column" section to "Your Scores" a message within that interface shows as "You are not ranked on this leaderboard.";

EDIT 2: I've also disabled steam cloud from sync to my game. Potentially the issue but not sure. Hasn't fixed the issue but keeping it off just in-case.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  5. Undead Nicole

Delete this entire folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\State of Decay YOSE

Doomen Gloom, Del44ZSlayer and Cejao like this.
  6. Elite IV

Elite IV Starting Off

Okay I've deleted that entire folder, disabled steam sync, family shared game to new steam account, downloading game via new steam account. I'll then re-log into my main account and see if that has fixed the issue. Fingers crossed.

7. Undead Nicole

Fingers crossed!

8. Elite IV

Elite IV Starting Off

Unfortunately, Nicole. It did not work :( Funny thing i noticed when i logged into my alternative account to re-install state of decay i played a few minutes just to see if the leader board worked with that account and the current files. It seems that it does indeed work on another account, when i login to my main account the kill counter is still stuck on 2445 :( I wish there was a way i could manually re-submit score or something in my situation.

9. Undead Nicole

You know that the kill counter only updates when you change levels, right?

Cejao and Del44ZSlayer like this.
  10. Undead Nicole

I'm afraid we've looked into it and we can't change or reset the leaderboards on our end. You may want to contact Steam or Microsoft. I'm sorry @Elite IV

11. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

@Elite IV - Welcome to the Forums:)

Are you playing the Story game? I ask as I am sure the leader board score does not update to a 'Higher' score until you complete the game!

Cejao, Elite IV and Del44ZSlayer like this.
  12. Elite IV

Elite IV Starting Off

Sorry what did you mean they only update when you change levels? I am playing the "Story Mode" Vanilla State of Decay not a DLC (Breakdown or Lifeline).
    The score updated in 5 minute intervals when i was playing on my new account i created to test the purpose.

Thank you so much, It's not very often I'm welcomed to a forum so that's definitely special. Yes i am playing the Story Game Mode, That is incorrect. Sorry, I've seen the leaderboard update score for my new account when i was testing the current files i have. They do indeed work on another account. My main account however is locked at 2445, are you saying due to my main account completing the game it will only allow more kills to the leaderboard after completing it again? Cause that would be a weird variable if that's a check in the game lmao. I would have to have a word with Undead DJ, haha.

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  13. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

This has happened to me. Having finished the Story game and posting a score on the Leader Board, I started another game, intending to get a higher one. The 'in game' score board was shaded out and my Leader Board score did not move show anything other than my original score, until I again finished the game, when as my new score was higher than my previous, it updated.

Del44ZSlayer, Cejao and Elite IV like this.
  14. Elite IV

Elite IV Starting Off

You better be right Bob! Haha nah you're alright mate. Thank you for the reply. Hmmm interesting. Yeah Undead DJ, What was going on through him at the time hehe, Strangest check ever but okay haha. I'll complete the game i guess and see if this resolves the issue. Lets go on an Adventure Elite IV! WOooooooo HYPETRAIN lol,. I'll talk to you guys in a couple of hours i guess. If yous don't hear from me i'm dead. xD (Not literally.)

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  15. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

I believe that Bob is onto the truth here. If your current score does not exceed your previous leaderboard score, then there is nothing to update. You have to exceed your current record to post a new record, or at least that's my theory.

16. Elite IV

Elite IV Starting Off

That makes absolute sense! Haha alright no worries so i don't have to complete the game, I just gotta kill 2445 then it will count more from there (New PC/New Game Concept)

I get it now! Haha. Oh my gaming life. Haha thank you heaps! +rep

Del44ZSlayer, Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  17. Elite IV

Elite IV Starting Off

I completed the game, I'm sure I've killed over 2445 zombies by now. Unfortunately no leaderboard update :( any other suggestions? Should i keep playing / killing and see if that does it. Is there a way where i can check my current killed via campaign etc. Even if it's a technical thing I'm sure if you point me in the right direction I'll figure it out! :)

Thanks guys.

Bob Crees likes this.