Please Welcome J.L. Bourne to the Undead team :D

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jul 29, 2014.

1. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Continuation of Day by Day Armageddon, or new storyline?

Bob Crees likes this.
  2. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

Ordered the first book. I need something new to read. J.L Bourne has got a lot of praise from UL so I'm looking forward to this

XzerothreeX likes this.
  3. Furgas

Furgas Got Your Back

In case you have finished all books by J.L. Bourne and have some time to kill until April 28, I recommend “Apocalypse Z” by Manel Loureiro. It’s a series of three books about a Spanish lawyer and his struggles to survive (together with his orange cat Lucullus). The European perspective on a zombie apocalypse, if you will. I’ve nearly finished the second book now, it’s still an entertaining read, and I’m looking forward to the third one.

XzerothreeX likes this.
  4. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Been meaning to pick up Zone One, may add this one to list. Havent read much in a few months.

Bond Servant likes this.
  5. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

Plus he's a super nice guy and has become a good friend!

6. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron kindly requests that Brant pass along a friendly wave to JL, and to any other humans Brant encounters today. :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  7. Welcome glade to have you aboard, heard you where being hunted for awhile good to have you on Jason Bourne. lol jk , welcome J.L Bourne

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
    XzerothreeX likes this.
  8. kainoa25

kainoa25 Got Your Back

Holy necropost batman,
    Bring back the zombies from the dead.

9. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Nothing wrong with welcoming someone to the team, no matter how late it comes. :)

XzerothreeX likes this.
  10. kainoa25

kainoa25 Got Your Back

I just was trying to make a funny post seeing as how the forums is undeadlabs and stuffies :oops::oops:

XzerothreeX likes this.
  11. BridgetFisher

BridgetFisher Got Your Back

This is exciting, good luck!

XzerothreeX likes this.
  12. AlfredRZ

AlfredRZ Got Your Back

Welcome J.L Bourne to UL from the fans! Indeed, The State of Decay Franchise has a very bright future ahead! Can't wait for the next entry!

XzerothreeX likes this.
  13. KingZombie

KingZombie Starting Off

Got the first 3 books from my local library after hearing about JL Bourne through UL forums. Good stuff, DBDA: Beyond Exile probably being my favorite, can tell Bourne had gotten more confident with his writing and the latter half of the book is just gripping, read the whole thing in a couple nights. All 3 books are great though, halfway through Shattered Hourglass now, ordered DBDA: Grey Wolf online. My only constructive crticism of the series would be it could use a glossary like Burgess's Clockwork Orange had for the nadsat slang, some of the military jargon & technical terms could take civilian readers out of the narrative.

Great addition to the team. I hope "Project Hurricane" makes it to the game, that would be intense as a game event. Will Tom Abernathy & Bourne be working together on the new IP?

XzerothreeX likes this.
  14. Sapper Jay 12B

Sapper Jay 12B Here To Help

Glad to have another high speed ninja working with Undead Labs. I'm hopeful and curious about the er...something your working on. Since this was posted in the SoD section I think its safe to wager that it involves zombies, guns, knives, occasional explosions, and of course, bludgeoning things into oblivion. Awesome! Can't wait to see your work. Good luck!

Dantron likes this.
  15. SupraDork

SupraDork Here To Help

Good to know that UL is going after people bringing storytelling, writing, and lore. Very promising. It indicates to me that UL has no plans of making a Zombie Lite game in the future; instead sticking with the current mechanics and building upon them. I agree with Mr. Bourne, it's the only zombie game with "heart" and tries to capture what surviving in a zombie apocalypse would be like more accurately than most zombie games (and I was never really a fan of the zombie genre). Good luck on your future with UL... and... keep 'em honest. ;)

16. Kjolly99

Kjolly99 Here To Help

You will never recover from this job. It will consume you. It will end you.

Welcome. =)

Cejao and Aaron V like this.
  17. CrunchyTikTok

CrunchyTikTok Starting Off

Cool :)

Cejao likes this.