Pulling together {ideas}

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Misaki, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Misaki

Misaki Here To Help

:DHey guys! I noticed as of recently the RP's just suddenly stop before they get started. :oops:

So I thought I would make a suggestion thread?

I know for sure that muse has something up his sleeve for you guys and so do I!

But what kind of things do you like?

Another thing: stop saying RP's are dying it makes the GM feel bad and probably makes the person want to quit.

On another note, I've got an idea and if you guys want to collaborate with me cool.

So far I've got an idea kinda like Until Dawn where we are stuck on a ski lodge a winter storm hits and we will be facing the storm and an unknown enemy ;)

The roles are "Skiiers" "Staff" and "unknown enemy"

This will be about survival and sticking together MOSTLY.

I'm no gm'n this but I know the perfect person who can I just have to ask them first. :p

2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yes this can be very disheartening:(

What I would like to see is a RP conclude before another is started, especially if it is story based rather than 'open play'. Maybe have 2 RP's running at anyone time? There have seen so many Awesome RP's start and stop after a couple of weeks, mainly as a result of someone introducing another game and people drift to the new one.

3. Misaki

Misaki Here To Help

Agreed. Running two RP's at once seems logical and reasonable.

Hopefully, people will continue their RP's because I'm tired of making characters and not finishing a story :l

That's why I made this thread to get an idea about what people like

Vers, Bob Crees and FTcivic like this.
  4. Misaki

Misaki Here To Help

Christmas we need to get you into more RP's :)

5. I've been trying to keep my GPA up (it's a 91... and I'm still in the 200's for my class:() And I did do some, but they went inactive at the moment.
    Any recommendations? :D

6. TehNoobinator

TehNoobinator Got Your Back

I've got an idea for an rp. Basically the story moves along with what you do in it. Say you kill someone important, that could possibly lead to innocents being blamed and killed for your crime which would then lead to a revolt of some sort.

7. jackstack

jackstack Here To Help

I like zombie RPs, but it's almost a guaranteed thing that, they won't last. I mean, there was a Dying Light RP on here that no one joined, anyway, I really love the idea of a Dying Light RP. I could really go for a survival type RP, where a boat or plane crashes, and the survivors have to survive in the particular area.
    So, those are some ideas that I decided to bring out.

8. Fear

Fear Here To Help

Until Dawn looks soooo good. <3

Sorry for the inactivity, will probably still be for a long time. I will try get more free time soon enough. :)

Plus finally about to get Dying Light tomorrow. So there goes free time! :p

9. TehNoobinator

I was wondering what happened to you. You just seemed to disappear.

10. TehNoobinator

@jackstack I might create something like that.

11. jackstack

jackstack Here To Help

Which one Dying Light or Survival?

12. TehNoobinator

Survival. I don't know anything about dying light so I don't want to do anything on that until I at least get the game.

13. Misaki

Misaki Here To Help

I know you guys are eager to get another RP up and running but I think you should hold off for a while. Until we get some things cleared about what's going on with the RP's recently.

I, however love your ideas you should let everyone chime in on what they would like to see or do in the world.

Just my opinion.

TheMuse likes this.
  14. jackstack

jackstack Here To Help

Solution, just post.

15. Matt419

Matt419 Here To Help

Please don't start anymore new RP's. The biggest cause of RP's dying is people starting new ones

Vers and Bob Crees like this.
  16. Julia_Faye

Julia_Faye Famous

And GM's inexplicitly disappearing for days on end. This is why I don't start my own. I can't commit to them and apparently no one else can either. :p

17. Matt419

Matt419 Here To Help

People have lives. Maybe instead of bitching as soon as a GM isn't around for a day, and writing stupid posts such as "dead" just because you're trying to be funny, people could actually show a bit more support to GM's :)

18. Mad cannibal

Mad cannibal Here To Help

K died.

19. jackstack

jackstack Here To Help

Yea, but I think that only happens when there's like four going on. Right now there's only one, so a second one probably wouldn't hurt.